closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Which is the currently PROCURED MoD general service watch?

Grand Master

Which is the currently PROCURED MoD general service watch?

I have taken this from one or two different threads - we had gotten to the point that the Pulsar G10 have fallen out of favor due to quality control problems and that the MoD had turned to CWC again.

A quick internet search revealed that there appears to be a variety of CWC G10s - with all sorts of different colored dials and, perhaps more significantly, with either a battery hatch or a snap-on caseback (the so-called 2000 issue).

Are they all current issue? I seem to remember having heard somewhere that the so-called "2000 issue" (the one with the snap-on back) was procured only in very limited numbers... does anybody know which general service watch the MoD is currently procuring (as opposed to having stocks of)?

Best regards,

Crusader
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Journeyman

Current RAAF Official Aircrew watch

The current official aircrew watch for the Royal Australian Air Force is the Citizen JQ8010-05E or JQ8000-50E. The 05E has a plastic band, the 50E has a stainless steel band.

The watch is meant to be worn outside the flying gloves, so flammability of the band should not be an issue (apparently).

At the moment there seems to be a hold on the whole watch situation in the services. Obvously stock are beeing used up. As far as I am aware the CWC 2000 issue is not beeing produced at the moment. I have a well informed friend it the Army who asures me that they are due to get a new stock of the battery hatch type CWC to replace the old stock . The chrono side is still under review. As anything with the MOD it takes time(no pun itended) What will be interesting to see if the CWC battery type beeing issued will have T or the L mark as the 2000 isue has. The Pulsar is a definate non starter. Having one issied for a while I am not suprised.Compared to the CWC it is a little bit like a Mercedes compared to a Metro (no offence to Metro owners)!
    Regards
    Nimrod