closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Kingston AD prices up

Rolex Kingston AD prices up

Glanced in the window as I passed a Rolex AD in Kingston upon Thames - a member of staff plonked a sign in the window 'annual 8% price increase on 3rd July'
    As she came outside to check the sign was straight, I wryly commented this was the third annual increase in the last couple of years - she motioned to my Sub 'what did you pay for that if I can ask?' - '£3010 in December 2007'
    Her reply? 'well that's £6k now and that one - motions to a DSSD - is going up 13% - if you ask me they're pricing themselves out of the market'

Summed up my personal feelings!

For those interested they had a fair few discounted omegas - a 42mm 2500 PO on rubber for £2700, a coaxial speedy for £3000 and a ploprof on rubber for £4150

Have a good Friday everyone and rush to your Rolex AD for bargains galore ;-)

Re: Rolex Kingston AD prices up

At first glance I though that this an announcement that Rolex were producing an homage of the Mark II homage of... Well you get the idea.

Blog Entries

:cry:

Reading the title I thought my Kingston had increased in value....... :lol:

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad
    Glanced in the window as I passed a Rolex AD in Kingston upon Thames - a member of staff plonked a sign in the window 'annual 8% price increase on 3rd July'
    As she came outside to check the sign was straight, I wryly commented this was the third annual increase in the last couple of years - she motioned to my Sub 'what did you pay for that if I can ask?' - '£3010 in December 2007'
    Her reply? 'well that's £6k now and that one - motions to a DSSD - is going up 13% - if you ask me they're pricing themselves out of the market'

Summed up my personal feelings!

For those interested they had a fair few discounted omegas - a 42mm 2500 PO on rubber for £2700, a coaxial speedy for £3000 and a ploprof on rubber for £4150

Have a good Friday everyone and rush to your Rolex AD for bargains galore ;-)
    madness, clearly they are no longer interested in the UK residents and just cater for foreigners who can get the 20% vat back.

Is this because they (that AD) delayed increasing their prices last month? Surely this was effective for the 1st week in June - not July?

Calling it annual 8% rise is more than a little misleading though - in your own words the shop assistant reveals one model is going up 13%.
    It's just a matter of time...

I thought the UK increase was weeks ago??

They held their prices until now. It's not another increase

Master

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix
    madness, clearly they are no longer interested in the UK residents and just cater for foreigners who can get the 20% vat back.
    Since when did any company care about UK residents? Or about UK VAT? It has nothing to do with claiming UK VAT back IMO. I see guys (often oriental) in Harrods and Selfridges buying luxury watches like they are going out of fashion. I don't think people who buy luxury products while on holiday are driven by VAT rebates. Many people who are wealthy are much wealthier and Rolex prices are matching their wealth.

Right now guys are dropping £10 - £20k on steel / ceramic Hublots and APs so there is still a market for Rolex at half of this price.

Omega must be rubbing their hands with glee; a nice price space to move into as Rolex disappear into the stratosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock
    Omega must be rubbing their hands with glee; a nice price space to move into as Rolex disappear into the stratosphere.
    Or to look at it a different way, Rolex are confident of making significant price increases without it damaging their bottom line, while, as has been pointed out on this thread, at current prices shops are discounting Omegas to make sales.

I'm not convinced Rolex are flying off the shelves judging by the AD's comments - or the full complement of models in the window - SubC, subclv, DSSD, new and old expII's, milgauss, expI, you name it they've got it.

It's like groundhog day in here. Did we not just have one?
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Fyi when i walked past goldsmiths in bristol last week the subc was 'still' 5320 (or there abouts)

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad
    I'm not convinced Rolex are flying off the shelves judging by the AD's comments - or the full complement of models in the window - SubC, subclv, DSSD, new and old expII's, milgauss, expI, you name it they've got it.

If it's the rolex AD in the bentall centre the rolexes were flying off the shelves last week. They had ( yet another) raid last week.
    As the shop opened three guys on scooters tried to help themselves to the watches.. one got knocked off his bike during the getaway :D

It's Fraser Hart in the centre isn't it? How on earth did they get scooters in there?

What price space? Omega make more expensive Chronos than the Daytona!

Rolex price increases - that rising tide floats all boats!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic
    What price space? Omega make more expensive Chronos than the Daytona!
    :D

Maybe we should all boy-cot Rolex.
    Nobody buy a new Rolex for 6 months and see what happens.

I expect Rolex themselves won't really care as long as other areas are still buying.
    I for one will have no problem in not buying a new Rolex.

Quote Originally Posted by ajw232
    It's Fraser Hart in the centre isn't it? How on earth did they get scooters in there?
    That's the one - they're always being robbed judging by the local papers. Must involve doing wheelies past Starbucks or a bit of blues brothers style mayhem!

In all seriousness though, the value of stock in their windows must be huge - I bet more than your average small bank branch with lesser security. Scary.

Quote Originally Posted by scrog10

I expect Rolex themselves won't really care as long as other areas are still buying.
    Bet Rolex will be shaking in their boots now :D

Master

Quote Originally Posted by scrog10

the only thing that would happen is your current rolex will appreciate a few percent

Quote Originally Posted by ajw232
    Rode them in. Hence why one got collared trying to get back out. He got pushed off, and apprehended by security. :D

I don't know if they managed to get away with any watches. And the rolexes have now been allocated a new place in the window, not right next to the door. :roll:

They didn't get any watches. Nicked by the police before they could get away

Craftsman

My money would be on some nice chaps from the Kingston estate :lol:

I understand that Omega have a price increase scheduled for 12th July.

Quote Originally Posted by mylofitz
    :D

And they are all so very gauche as well....

Nowt wrong with annual price rises of 8% or more in my opinion. I want aspirational watches to be just that, aspirational! i'm in no position to be buying any watches right now let alone new ones but i couldn't care less that prices keep going up. If oner was going to pay £5k for a sub, you'll pay £5.5k next year surely, and i'm pretty sure it wouldnt stop you paying £6k the year after that.....

Surely if you're going to hit a Rolex AD you'd hit the Ernest Jones OUTSIDE the Bentalls Centre, rather than Fraser Hart inside.

Though this is news to me, I didn't know that the Fraser Hart is robbed frequently, I've bought many watches from them before.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise
    The local paper said one was caught. 27 years old, from islington.

12 rolex watches stolen and jewellery. Third time fraser hart have been raided.

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise
    The local paper said one was caught. 27 years old, from islington.

12 rolex watches stolen and jewellery. Third time fraser hart have been raided.
    I'm still amazed that Fraser Hart has been raided. I always thought EJ was more likely to be raided.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty

I'm still amazed that Fraser Hart has been raided. I always thought EJ was more likely to be raided.
    Think about it - - the one gets raided that no one expects.

Plus - One is outside in the main high street with a security door.
    The other is out of sight in a shopping centre with an open door policy, and very little footfall at 9am in the morning . :D

The other is out of sight in a shopping centre with an open door policy, and very little footfall at 9am in the morning . :D
    Since when has EJ had a security door? I haven't been there in a month or two but I don't remember a security door. I'm just impressed that they managed to get scooters into the Bentalls Centre lol.

Since when has EJ had a security door? I haven't been there in a month or two but I don't remember a security door. I'm just impressed that they managed to get scooters into the Bentalls Centre lol.
    I don't think it has a security door either. The reason i remember that is because the wally who can't play the violin struts his very bad stuff just outside the front door. I get earache every time I go in there.

EJ's window displays are locked, though, but then again so are Fraser Harts.

Quote Originally Posted by mylofitz
    True story!

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk

I don't think it has a security door either. The reason i remember that is because the wally who can't play the violin struts his very bad stuff just outside the front door. I get earache every time I go in there.

EJ's window displays are locked, though, but then again so are Fraser Harts.
    I'm actually heading in to Fraser Hart tomorrow to see if they can handle changing the bracelet on my Tudor Black Bay without scratching it up (anyone have any experience on this front?). Also, I wonder if they have any new security after all these raids...

Craftsman

I bought my milguass from them and they resized the bracelet before I even noticed they had taken around back, very quick and nice service :)

Craftsman

when I was in Kingston one Christmas a pair on scooters tried to rob the securicor van, One rode off and Joe public battered the other one half to death.
    Kingston is crime capital UK

Quote Originally Posted by s67
    when I was in Kingston one Christmas a pair on scooters tried to rob the securicor van, One rode off and Joe public battered the other one half to death.
    Kingston is crime capital UK
    Its funny, I was born in Kingston and lived there for over 15 years and apart from the occasional drama around Oceana at night i've always thought of it as a very safe place. I guess times are changing though, the Kingston of my youth was a very different place and I'm only 21 right now :D

From my experience Kingston pre-5pm is a very different place to Kingston post-5pm lol.

Craftsman

This was outside TK Maxx on a Saturday afternoon.

Finland...next to a lake...somewhere in the forest.

Used market is looking better every day.

Fraser Hart in Kingston is excellent. All ghfbstaff from the manager to ghf staff are very helpful and friendly. Mind you, I have bought all my watches from them.

Quote Originally Posted by awright101
    Fraser Hart in Kingston is excellent. All ghfbstaff from the manager to ghf staff are very helpful and friendly. Mind you, I have bought all my watches from them.
    I find the manager to be quite patronizing. The assistant manager however is a great guy to deal with, very enthusiastic about his job, bought many a watch from him.