closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RAF/RN Pulsar chronographs brand new with issue markings!

RAF/RN Pulsar chronographs brand new with issue markings!

Just been exploring on the internet and look what ive found here. Heads up not seen these before. (hopefully the link will work).

http://www.trinitymarine.co.uk/sections ... ronograph/

I have no experience of these watches but im liking the look of em. Havent had a chrono for a while and finding these, im tempted to add one. Have to find a review on them now.

Regards Dave

Re: RAF/RN Pulsar chronographs brand new with issue markings!

Wow, they're cashing in on these. I think I paid £50 for my unissued one at Argos!

I've always liked those.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk
    Wow, they're cashing in on these. I think I paid £50 for my unissued one at Argos!
    Are the non-military ones still available?

Quote Originally Posted by SternG
    I've always liked those.

Is this it http://www.watchshop.com/mens-pulsar-ch ... 34840.html ?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan
    I've always liked those.

Is this it http://www.watchshop.com/mens-pulsar-ch ... 34840.html ?

Looks like it, yeah.

There's a more expensive one, no idea what the difference is?

http://www.watchshop.com/mens-pulsar-ch ... tproduct=1

Master

I've always liked those.

£60 + free P&P from Debenhams and if you use the code HB36 you get an extra 10% off.

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... lsar%7EMen

Quote Originally Posted by cbh
    I've always liked those.

£60 + free P&P from Debenhams and if you use the code HB36 you get an extra 10% off.

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... lsar%7EMen

Thanks for that mate, but it looks like they won't deliver to Greece. They will deliver to Venezuela and Cuba and Jamaica, but not Greece. I know this ain't the Pit so I'm probably not allowed a comment like that, but WTF? :twisted:

Also available in the UK on eBay.
    I found these for sale

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PULSAR-By-Sei ... 43aff3561e

No sure how to put hot links on here or if I am even allowed to!

I have bought from this seller and can recommend them.

Banned

Also seen them on Amazon for £59

Master
    Bit late to this party, but some idle inter-web trawling has seen me get one of these for £47.48 inc delivery and a 5% new customer code discount. They show as "out of stock" on the front page sometimes, but the system accepted my order and confirmed 7 day delivery.

http://www.nigelohara.com/pulsar-men...-pid17709.html

Will stick it on a decent Nato and use it as a gardening / banging about watch. Not bad for under £50.

Thanks for the heads-up,

Couldn't resist.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Mcr View Post
    Bit late to this party, but some idle inter-web trawling has seen me get one of these for £47.48 inc delivery and a 5% new customer code discount. They show as "out of stock" on the front page sometimes, but the system accepted my order and confirmed 7 day delivery.

http://www.nigelohara.com/pulsar-men...-pid17709.html

Will stick it on a decent Nato and use it as a gardening / banging about watch. Not bad for under £50.
    I ordered a couple of 7-10 day watches from NOH last week. After querying the order, I got back;
    Unfortunately, due to a system error, one of the items that you had ordered had shown as available to order on our website - despite it being a discontinued item.
    However, the ongoing technical issue has meant that items listed as 7-10 day delivery cannot be ordered at present.
    Question, if you check your order history on the site, has the order disappeared?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Celt View Post
    Question, if you check your order history on the site, has the order disappeared?
    Its still there now when I log into my account and is listed as "processing", presumably because I ordered it on a Friday afternoon. If the order status hasn't changed by Tuesday, I will contact them.

Apprentice
    Its still there now when I log into my account and is listed as "processing", presumably because I ordered it on a Friday afternoon. If the order status hasn't changed by Tuesday, I will contact them.
    My orders disappeared off the site after 3-4 days, let us know how you get on!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Celt View Post
    My orders disappeared off the site after 3-4 days, let us know how you get on!
    I will do and if I find they have processed my Paypal payment for an item they knowingly didn't stock, then it will escalate from an "error" to a formal complaint to the Northern Ireland Trading Standards Service in very short time indeed !!.

We shall see.

Master
    Hmm - you were right.

I rang them this morning having noticed that their entire line of pulsar watches, whilst still being advertised, are all now flagged as "out of stock".

They checked my order and confirmed that the watch is out of stock and apologised for a "technical error we only discovered this morning which means customers can still order out of stock items". They have now refunded my PP payment.

I wont be using them again, but will buy the watch from Amazon for £10 extra.

Apprentice
    Hmm - you were right.

I rang them this morning having noticed that their entire line of pulsar watches, whilst still being advertised, are all now flagged as "out of stock".

They checked my order and confirmed that the watch is out of stock and apologised for a "technical error we only discovered this morning which means customers can still order out of stock items". They have now refunded my PP payment.

I wont be using them again, but will buy the watch from Amazon for £10 extra.
    They knew about the 'technical error' at least 14 days ago! :)

Master
    There is a new thread about this watch :

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ilitary-Chrono

13 days, and i'm still waiting. Plus when i enter my order number into the "track my order" box, It does nothing.

I've asked for a refund.

Master
    I can tell you that they don't have any of these watches and you will wait a long time - i spoke to them on the phone and they appeared to be in complete meltdown over their Web ordering system.

I had to make several phone calls and was told many conflicting stories about where the problem is.

The "online support" doesn't respond to requests.

Apprentice
    My first order, one item was '7-10 days' and thus not in stock, the second item arrived with a dead battery. 3 weeks later, no refund for item not in stock
    Second order was one watch that was '7-10 days' and thus also not in stock. 3 weeks later, no refund.
    Third order of two watches 'shipped', 6 days later received a phone call saying one of the items wasn't in stock and would I like it in a different colour. Got a second shipping email and when the two watches arrived, one of them had the time set (but an hour slow) with a small chip in the glass of the fascia and a mark on the clasp showing that it had been worn.

Now, I don't for a second think that they're out to scam people - but it's pretty obvious that they are not in any way able to cope with online sales and that they aren't even glancing over the watches that they're shipping out to people.

Master
    I have to say upfront that I know very little about any of the British MOD issue Seiko and Pulsar quartz watches. From what little I've gathered, though, the Generation 1 Seiko chronos were and remain very well thought of, the Gen 2 Seikos not as much so but still good, and the Pulsars, both the General Service and apparently this chronograph, are junk that fall apart in the field, not to mention aircraft cockpits from which they were apparently officially banned to preclude their oft departing "bits" jamming up critical controls.

From what little else I know or remember, I'm under the impression that MOD has stopped procuring both of these Pulsar models and gone back to the respective CWC General Service G10s and RN/RAF classic pattern assymetrical case quartz chronos that the more economical Pulsars were earlier intended to replace. Would that be an accurate understanding of these MOD issue Pulsars and their current status, or have the technical problems and faults with them been resolved?

These Pulsar chronos look nice, by the way, and they're nicely inexpensive, but are these actually as bad as their apparent reputation?

Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post
    they're nicely inexpensive
    I'd say that that's the important part, a bit of fun for little money. I'll get one pretty soon, just for the h€ll of it. As for the military dumping them, well, they bought cheap, they got cheap. But then they usually do that, don't they?

Master
    Hi Stern. I get it. Maybe there should be a competition to see who can make the most "bits" fall off the fastest. I bought a BN00001-04H Citizen 300M Professional "Eco-Drive" Diver a while back. I found out more recently the MOD has apparently dumped that one too and I still haven't found out exactly why. I'm not sure I want to find out, but imagine I probably will
    Last edited by Rollon; 19th August 2013 at 21:55.

Master
    Hi Stern. I get it. Maybe there should be a competition to see who can make the most "bits" fall off the fastest.
    "Will it blend?"

Hi Stern. I get it. Maybe there should be a competition to see who can make the most "bits" fall off the fastest. I bought a BN00001-04H Citizen 300M Professional "Eco-Drive" Diver a while back. I found out more recently the MOD has apparently dumped that one too and I still haven't found out exactly why. I'm not sure I want to find out, but imagine I probably will

I've attached a link to another interesting Forum.

See post #4.

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58995

and here, might be the answer you could be looking for http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59036

Regards,

Master
    ^ Hi TopCat and thanks. I hate hearing that, but it is better to know than not. My watch is still running fine, so far, though, and if its bezel pops, that "bit" from my reject will beat any "bit" anybody can drop from a Pulsar chrono reject unless its crystal blows or its back drops off

I think there's a fundamental cultural imperative that doomed the Eco Drive for military use. It's in the DNA of any SQMS/QM to lock starred items securely away in a dark cupboard wherever possible and it would appear that a solar powered unit doesn't seem to like this very much. As another example we only ever saw a prismatic compass if it was a kit list pre-requisite for a competition of some sort and even then it was known as a "bergen compass" because that is where it remained - everybody who needed a compass had a Silva permanently attached to their combat smock.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    ^ Thanks on that C-B. I've resolved to keep mine charged up and will see how it goes. If the bezel goes south maybe it will look good without it, Panerai-style
    Last edited by Rollon; 21st August 2013 at 12:21.

Well, still no refund from this Nigel O'hara bunch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Picasso View Post
    Well, still no refund from this Nigel O'hara bunch
    I had to just stay glued to the phone to get a refund, got all sorts of fob off excuses and just kept insisting they put me through to the accounts department. Finally I got someone who could authorise a paypal refund..

I think you have to make a nuisance of yourself with them or you are just on a long list otherwise, I honestly do.

Well, in twenty odd years of buying watches, I've never said categorically that i'd avoid a retailer.

Until now....

I would avoid Nigel O'Hara, at all costs.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Picasso View Post
    Well, in twenty odd years of buying watches, I've never said categorically that i'd avoid a retailer.

Until now....

I would avoid Nigel O'Hara, at all costs.
    Did you get a refund sorted out ?

Apprentice
    I'm still waiting for refunds from July. Opened two Paypal disputes (with a third likely when a pre-worn and chipped watch arrives back to them and they do nothing about refunding me), will escalate both after a week if nothing happens.
    On the plus side, the Bulova I got from them is flawless, and I got it for a frankly, amazing price.

Master
    My guess / gut feeling , based on the various phone calls etc is an old school jewellers who have tried to go all web based and big time and it has failed quite spectacularly.

To be fair, all the people I spoke with seemed decent types and sounded upset /embarrassed at the situation. I think that they were having to repeat well versed for-off scripts....

Apprentice
    My guess / gut feeling , based on the various phone calls etc is an old school jewellers who have tried to go all web based and big time and it has failed quite spectacularly.

To be fair, all the people I spoke with seemed decent types and sounded upset /embarrassed at the situation. I think that they were having to repeat well versed for-off scripts....
    I think NOH just provide the webshop and someone else is sorting out fulfillment, the prices are too good and they carry far too large a range for it to be inhouse. Which ties in with the nice (and fast to reply) customer service, but loads of mistakes happening.

I think there is another thread around here somewhere but anyway. I have just purchased a Pulsar chronograph from Hollins and Hollinshead (I believe they have a few shops in Cheshire) I purchased online for the old price of £59.99 including postage and have to say my experience has been very positive. Paid through paypal, was sent a confirmation letter and tracking number and it arrived very well packed.

As for the watch itself, I was a little surprised as it was bigger than I expected as I had read a few reviews from people saying it was a little too small but it seems to be of a decent size. Another thing it comes in a very nice Pulsar box that is of much better quality than the Seiko boxes for some strange reason even though Pulsar are Seiko's cheaper cousin! My Seiko SARB came in a Seiko standard box while my 60 quid Pulsar arrives in a nice leather look Pulsar box!

Anyway, the seller I thought was pretty good even signed the watch papers as they are an authorised dealer so I can recommend this seller.

Just a couple of pictures of the Pulsar. Surprised that it was bigger than I expected and just to compare here is a picture of a Seagull Chronograph along side it (Yes I know the time is wrong its stopped)