closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omega PO Ceramic - any opinions?

Master

Re: Omega PO Ceramic - any opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan
    It's just a coating to help with the matt finish. The bezel itself isn't damaged and its only a small light graze.

Do you happen to know how the Omega ceramic bezel compares to the Rolex one in terms of resistance to marks??
    No idea I'm afraid - I don't do Rolex :lol:

It's just a coating to help with the matt finish. The bezel itself isn't damaged and its only a small light graze.

Do you happen to know how the Omega ceramic bezel compares to the Rolex one in terms of resistance to marks??
    No idea I'm afraid - I don't do Rolex :lol:

Fair enough, worth asking all the same :)

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741

In the 5 days I have owned the watch what I can say is that it seems very durable (it got a clanging this pm :shock: and came out scot free) and one thing you don't get is the annoying fingerprint smudges that you get on the more glossy Rolex bezel.

Good to hear Ryan.

How about some pics of your new purchase??? :P

[quote=Gareth-W]
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741
    Quote Originally Posted by "Gareth-W":3pejaad9

In the 5 days I have owned the watch what I can say is that it seems very durable (it got a clanging this pm :shock: and came out scot free) and one thing you don't get is the annoying fingerprint smudges that you get on the more glossy Rolex bezel.

Good to hear Ryan.

How about some pics of your new purchase??? :P[/quote:3pejaad9]

That's tomorrow's mission :D

To be honest having had the watch for a week nearly now here's my thoughts......

I found it initially harder than I thought to bond with it - I was always intending to get the silver numerals but once at the AD's the orange numerals seemed to sing to me more and so that was the route I went down.

I found myself questioning myself whether that was the right decision as the orange numerals make the face pretty 'unique' compared to what I am used too - particularly in certain lighting conditions where it becomes VERY orangey. However that was my issue not the watches fault. Then a couple of days ago I started to accept it for what it was - something failrly standout and different and then I realised just what a belting watch it is. I love the way the light glints off the indices and contrasts with the matt finish of the bezel and the ceramic gives it a very 'tech' look. It is a watch of contrasts, modern and classic, matt and bling, conservative and avant garde in equal measures (I'm referring to the version with the orange numerals - silver numeral version is much more classic but I really think orange is the way to go). And if you accept it for the bold statement it is and don't expect it to be a mere cosmetic upgrade of the 2500 version (it isn't at all, may as well be a completely different watch just like the Ceramic Sub is a completely different watch to the classic sub) then you realise just what a great watch it is. Personally I love it now.

Quality is definitely there - if I compare it to my 42mm Explorer II I just shifted (the new version) it's on par with that definitely - if anything perhaps a bit better made than the Rolex. It's not quite up to the fit finish of my Grand Seiko SBGA061 but outside of Patek and co very little is.

I'm definitely glad I bought it - I definitely want to get the rubber strap with orange stitching as I think that combo looks amazing with the orange numerals and in the £4-£5k price bracket I don't think anything else comes close - I think you need to be spending £6k+ to get similar quality for a diver.

Will upload photos tomorrow with a mini review

Great post Ryan.....look forward to the mini review and pics later 8)