closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Photography from TZ members?

Blog Entries
    It's not all Gucci & Prada in Madrid...

z

Sicily

Blog Entries
    A few from a very rainy San Sebastián pintxo bar crawl this week to resurrect this thread...

z

some great shots.. love the 2 old guys at the bar..

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    A few from a very rainy San Sebastián pintxo bar crawl this week to resurrect this thread...

z

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wrigles View Post
    some great shots.. love the 2 old guys at the bar..
    Thanks - it's a bit hit & miss with these candid attempts - but that shot is may favourite of the set too

z

"hit & miss" yeah I get that a lot.... I had a play with a Ricoh GR for a while using snap focusing.. nice little camera for street photography.. Iphone does a pretty good job for the most part tbh. Are you post processing b&w with lightroom?

Thanks - it's a bit hit & miss with these candid attempts - but that shot is may favourite of the set too

z

Blog Entries
    "hit & miss" yeah I get that a lot.... I had a play with a Ricoh GR for a while using snap focusing.. nice little camera for street photography.. Iphone does a pretty good job for the most part tbh. Are you post processing b&w with lightroom?
    I try to travel light when working away - so all are taken on my Leica D-LUX 4, in Dynamic B&W then tweaked with Snapseed on the iPad

z

Some from my IG account..

Blog Entries
    Some from my IG account..
    Like this one with Frank in the background :)

z

thanks..yeah I like the Frank one.. :)

Like this one with Frank in the background :)

z

Blog Entries
    A few taken on my wanderings around Sofia earlier this evening...

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie ?

z

I haven't posted here before. I think the term "street photography" may have put me off a bit. When I read "I need such and such a camera/feature for when I'm shooting street.." on a forum I fear I'm about to see pictures of peoples backs, taken "from the hip" while the photographer was crossing a busy street. It's a difficult style in my opinion. A bit too easy to arrive at an image with no thought, just geeky furtiveness supported by the freedom of digital to snap away uninhibited.

So I'm not sure I have anything to offer here, but on another thread I was discussing the merits of the Ricoh pocketable GR series. As well as being fairly unobtrusive, allowing you to capture a reaction or mood, as opposed to someone's back, they have some in-camera effects that are usable. I think they make for good "street" shooting, whatever it may be. Local hero Daido Moriyama thought so too.

The following are from the GRD4, and are out-of-camera JPEGs uncropped.

And I'm not immune ... a shameful but seemingly obligatory shot of someone's back

Paul

love these.. great job

GRD4 - excellent film-like results..

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    I haven't posted here before. I think the term "street photography" may have put me off a bit. When I read "I need such and such a camera/feature for when I'm shooting street.." on a forum I fear I'm about to see pictures of peoples backs, taken "from the hip" while the photographer was crossing a busy street. It's a difficult style in my opinion. A bit too easy to arrive at an image with no thought, just geeky furtiveness supported by the freedom of digital to snap away uninhibited.

So I'm not sure I have anything to offer here, but on another thread I was discussing the merits of the Ricoh pocketable GR series. As well as being fairly unobtrusive, allowing you to capture a reaction or mood, as opposed to someone's back, they have some in-camera effects that are usable. I think they make for good "street" shooting, whatever it may be. Local hero Daido Moriyama thought so too.

The following are from the GRD4, and are out-of-camera JPEGs uncropped.

And I'm not immune ... a shameful but seemingly obligatory shot of someone's back

Paul

Pandamonium on the streets

Best Regards - Peter
    Please Note: It is possible that Griswold may know nothing whatsoever about horology. It's even possible that he has never even owned a watch. It is also highly possible the he has a strange imagination. His wife insists he would be far better off paying more attention to taking his medication on time.

Craftsman

- - - Updated - - -

Craftsman

Craftsman
    Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Not sure I like the distortion on that last one Yoda. Nice pic, but doesnt quite look right to me if you know what I mean.

Stuart

Out walking my dogs by St Georges Field in York approx 1 hour before dark and took a few snaps trying out my Canon EF 35-80mm Zoom

Here's a sample including the Historic Blue Bridge across the mouth of the River Foss where it meets the Ouse, The newish Lock gates and finally an unusual view of Cliffords Tower where loads of Jews were slaughtered in the bad old days

Last edited by dogpuf; 8th March 2014 at 03:06.

im not much of a photographer (yet! i hope to study photography at college, I'm 15), here are a few of my instagram snaps (massive instagram fan), all shot on an iPod touch 5. most of these are in norfolk, a few in cambridge and one in london

i only really started taking photos a year ago, but i have always had a thing for a camera. i do lots with my go pro on my bike also with a phantom drone. it is really interesting going through your old photographs, and seeing how much your style has changed, even in a year. there is some really good photographs on this thread!!

ruben
    Last edited by rubeneski; 9th March 2014 at 03:54.

A few more random takes from the Ricoh GRD

Paul

Master
    ORWO UN54 motion picture film developed in RO9. The camera was a Rollei 35 with a Tessar lens. This was just a test film to check the camera and to see how the film performed.

^ Seems to perform well !

I too had a Rollei 35 with the Tessar lens and used it as my only camera for years and years. They became quite valuable in Japan, especially the German ones, so I sold it when I was in the throes of DSLR infatuation. Regret that now. Orwo film I used to buy in bulk, and load it myself onto 35mm reels. I think the film was actually Ilford manufactured ? I only bought it because I couldn't afford anything else as a student, but it worked fine. I used it with my Olympus OM10. That was about 30 years ago and I still have the negatives !

Paul

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    ^ Seems to perform well !

I too had a Rollei 35 with the Tessar lens and used it as my only camera for years and years. They became quite valuable in Japan, especially the German ones, so I sold it when I was in the throes of DSLR infatuation. Regret that now. Orwo film I used to buy in bulk, and load it myself onto 35mm reels. I think the film was actually Ilford manufactured ? I only bought it because I couldn't afford anything else as a student, but it worked fine. I used it with my Olympus OM10. That was about 30 years ago and I still have the negatives !

Paul
    Hi Paul,

This particular ORWO film is made in Germany. 30 years ago, it would have been made in East Germany at the Original Wolfen factory, so called because Agfa owned it up until 1945.
    My Rollei is made in Singapore but it is still a very well made camera.

Master
    Interesting stuff guys, there is a guy on one of the other forums I frequent which seems a bit obsessed with ORWO film. I had never heard of it until a couple of weeks ago, I am a bit obsessed with the Agfa £1 stuff from Poundland and plan to try a few rolls of their under £5 E6 film (repackaged Fuji sensia or provia 100f apparently).

Rubeneski keep posting please, I really dig what you are trying to do. My only regret with photography is that I don't do enough of it and took a very long break when I was younger.

ICYMI: Millions of women all over the world dressed in PussyHats and oversized Vagina costumes took to the streets today to protest against war with Iran.

Last edited by Richard.; 9th March 2014 at 20:57.

Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Rubeneski keep posting please, I really dig what you are trying to do. My only regret with photography is that I don't do enough of it and took a very long break when I was younger.
    Thank you very much!! Means a lot.

Ruben

Quote Originally Posted by Richard. View Post
    i really love this shot!!

An old butcher's shop in Salisbury:

Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by rubeneski View Post
    Me too!
    You can live in your car but you can't drive your house.

im not much of a photographer (yet! i hope to study photography at college, I'm 15), here are a few of my instagram snaps (massive instagram fan), all shot on an iPod touch 5. most of these are in norfolk, a few in cambridge and one in london

i only really started taking photos a year ago, but i have always had a thing for a camera. i do lots with my go pro on my bike also with a phantom drone. it is really interesting going through your old photographs, and seeing how much your style has changed, even in a year. there is some really good photographs on this thread!!

ruben
    Some really nice pictures there, I think you'll do alright. I went to art college for a year and always regret not taking a photography course.
    You can live in your car but you can't drive your house.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Some really nice pictures there, I think you'll do alright. I went to art college for a year and always regret not taking a photography course.
    Thank you very much! Means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Me too!
    Thanks chaps. I captured it nearly forty years ago, on a Russian Zenith SLR I think.

Thanks chaps. I captured it nearly forty years ago, on a Russian Zenith SLR I think.
    I had one of those. On a £ for lb basis they were fantastic value. A lot of camera for not much money.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    I had one of those. On a £ for lb basis they were fantastic value. A lot of camera for not much money.
    I think it was about £50 (including the most solid leather case you ever saw). It seemed like a fortune at the time.

I think it was about £50 (including the most solid leather case you ever saw). It seemed like a fortune at the time.
    I still have one. The model with built in light meter. Still going strong after all these years.
    Best Regards - Peter
    Please Note: It is possible that Griswold may know nothing whatsoever about horology. It's even possible that he has never even owned a watch. It is also highly possible the he has a strange imagination. His wife insists he would be far better off paying more attention to taking his medication on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    I still have one. The model with built in light meter. Still going strong after all these years.
    That's the one. I think it was a Zenith B.

That's the one. I think it was a Zenith B.
    Hi Richard

Mine's a Zenit EM with 58mm f2 Auto Cosmogon.

Here's a pic of it

The Zenit EM was an upgrade to the Zenit E, the prime difference being the ability to use lenses with an automatic diaphram such as the Auto Cosmogon. So you viewed/focussed at full apperture but the first part press of the shutter stopped the lens down to the taking apperture before firing the shutter unlike previous Zenit models where you had to remember to maually stop the lens down.

The EM was sold under several names as well as Zenit and there are supposed to be around 18 variants.

An interesting thing about my one is that, if you look at the front panel where the flash socket is, there is no Logo where one would expect there to be. Instead it is covered by a white pannel, perhaps covering up the logo of one of the variants. Also, there is no EM logo on the opposite front pannel where the Zenit badged ones would normally have it. The panel was fitted when bought and is an exact fit, even around the flash socket, so must have been a factory fit for some reason as this is how it was purchased from the dealer. It would be interesting to find out what, if anything, is under it; but it is well and truly glued in place.

My thoughts were that it was originally made for a non-UK country but was 'modified' to be able to be sold here.
    Best Regards - Peter

Blog Entries
    A couple of buskers in Athens last night...

z

Pittenweem harbour, Scotland

Hasselblad, Ilford FP4

regards

Mark
    Last edited by Threeracers; 13th March 2014 at 14:32.

First day out in the city with the X-Pro

DSCF0423 by trickletreat, on Flickr

DSCF0434 by trickletreat, on Flickr

A street portrait...

DSCF0454 by trickletreat, on Flickr

DSCF0408 by trickletreat, on Flickr

DSCF0459 by trickletreat, on Flickr

Craftsman
    Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Not exactly a street, but a railway snap from last weekends out and about.

Last edited by cinnabull; 19th March 2014 at 14:47.

Master
    Love the one with the guy blowing smoke into the air, its a shame many people will miss the old guy with the cup looking up too!

ICYMI: Millions of women all over the world dressed in PussyHats and oversized Vagina costumes took to the streets today to protest against war with Iran.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post

Great composition and tones!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Great composition and tones!
    Thank you! I was lucky as her upright gait complemented the vertical lines of the building behind her.

Really lovely thread, thanks to all who contributed!