closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Human wrist versus Panerai OEM Strap

Human wrist versus Panerai OEM Strap

On my lovely 352. Only at certain times of the day and according to lunar tides can I get into third hole. Really need a 3.5 hole but don't have one so have been watching the strap battle my wrist. So far strap is winning. I thought my life essence would prevail like when tree roots bump flags up but it's not turning out that way.

Re: Human wrist versus Panerai OEM Strap

Just drill the extra hole. I had to do this with a thick Breitling strap and it worked out well. I used a 1mm drill in a pin-vice and went through halfway each side, so had a good finish both sides of the strap.

Thanks but would not work. Strap would look like a milipedes flute.

Master
    Blog Entries

OEM (Hirsch) standard straps are all changing from 115x75 to 125x75 and the hole positions are being reconfigured. These may work better for you? I have a schematic if you'd like to see the new spacing criteria?

In fact i'll PM it anyway :)

Master

No self-respecting 'Risti would be "wearing" an OEM strap. Those are for keeping in the box and selling, unworn, as part of the complete set. Panerai are all about having a shed full of hand made straps to swap 3 or 4 times a day.

On a more serious note, get a different pattern buckle. One with a longer distance from the strap to the outer part will give approx an extra 0.5 hole.

Get a custom strap, can ask for the holes to be put exactly where you want.......tons out there, but my favourite is vintager straps, great quality...

Or you could get Ted-Su dive straps. No holes, so you can fit it to your hand as you like

Master

I never thought I had fat wrists (sorry, sounds so like a woman!!) but when I took up cycling seriously, I had to resize all my watches to make the bracelets one notch smaller... Might be the only way!!

Quote Originally Posted by TomGW
    No self-respecting 'Risti would be "wearing" an OEM strap. Those are for keeping in the box and selling, unworn, as part of the complete set. Panerai are all about having a shed full of hand made straps to swap 3 or 4 times a day.

On a more serious note, get a different pattern buckle. One with a longer distance from the strap to the outer part will give approx an extra 0.5 hole.
    I don't sell my watches they get stolen or lost! I have an OEM strap for sale somewhere in the bowels of SC.

On a more serious note that sounds like a good idea where would I get such a buckle please?

I'd like to get a custom strap but don't have the time. Unless anyone knows any idiot proof websites? I took a huge bath with ABP Paris when they sent me the wrong size strap for my 250.