closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Been a little distracted lately...gratuitous pic inside

Master

Been a little distracted lately...gratuitous pic inside

Let me introduce to my latest and greatest road rocket....the Triumph Speed Triple MY2011.

Wow. What a machine. those of us into bikes will appreciate the unique character of these bikes.
    The sound of those pipes, the pull of that engine and its aggressive looks really packs a punch.
    Any Speedheads here?

Re: Been a little distracted lately...gratuitous pic inside

How much for that number plate ?? Would come in handy in the Congestion Charge. Zone......

Bought a Tiger 1050 last spring (replacing a Hayabusa) and rode it from Gloucestershire to the bottom of Italy and back last August with my 13 year old lad on the back.

That do?

--
    Gyp

Master

Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato
    How much for that number plate ?? Would come in handy in the Congestion Charge. Zone......
    haha! Never ridden into London, but was under the impression that bikes were exempt from that stupid charge.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp
    Bought a Tiger 1050 last spring (replacing a Hayabusa) and rode it from Gloucestershire to the bottom of Italy and back last August with my 13 year old lad on the back.

That do?

--
    Gyp
    Nice, I am off to France on the speedy next month, cant wait! How was the change from the Busa to the Tiger?

Craftsman

Very nice 8) . Grin factor 10 . Just hope we get some dry weather :evil: ,I meant to get out on the bike this morning , then it rained :twisted: .

Tiger is comfy, stable and great abs brakes. Quick enough, but happy over distance with luggage.

Busa utterly stupidly bogglingly fast. Incredible motor. But too stretched out for me with a knackered neck so only comfy for an hour tops. And oddly not stable when loaded.

But hell was it fast.

--
    Gyp

That is a cracking bike! Enjoy!

I test rode the older 900 a few years back. Loved it.
    really good fun bike to ride.
    Definitely in the licence loser class. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by raydin
    Let me introduce to my latest and greatest road rocket....the Triumph Speed Triple MY2011.

Wow. What a machine. those of us into bikes will appreciate the unique character of these bikes.
    The sound of those pipes, the pull of that engine and its aggressive looks really packs a punch.
    Any Speedheads here?

Nice engine - how tall are you - I found them far too small - I am struggling to find a suitable bike for playing around on to replace my SuperMoto.
    It's just a matter of time...

Are they road legal or race Arrows, btw?
    --
    Gyp

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp
    Are they road legal or race Arrows, btw?
    --
    Gyp
    yup. the highmounts are road legal. the 'low boy' isn't. Although I have seen some riding with the TOR (triumph off-road) systems.
    These are loud cans, but not your anti-social yobo types. Gentle throttle inputs around town is how I manage the noise.

Once on the open road, I let her rip. Its a nice deep rasp with popping on throttle down.

It also helps being noticed in traffic. Alerts the cagers. :twisted:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic
    Nice engine - how tall are you - I found them far too small - I am struggling to find a suitable bike for playing around on to replace my SuperMoto.
    I am 6ft tall but stocky build. I found the Street triple 675 small for me. I was looking at the KTM Superduke before I settled on this. I test rode a Supermoto Touring to get a feel for the engine. A brilliant bike on the road at speed, but for town riding I found it too choppy. Plus I read where a couple of mods need to be done post purchase to improve the fuel injection for a smoother throttle response. The power was either on or off, nothing inbetween. That's where I felt the triple was a nice balance - the smoothness of a four but the punch of a twin.

I'm a bit of a Triumph fan, I've had two 900 Daytonas in the past and now have a 955i Speed Triple. I'm too old to ride sports bikes for more than about half an hour before my back and wrists start to complain and the S3 is comfortable for hours at a time. Plus I wanted something unfaired to try and keep the speed down a bit. Shed loads of torque, more power than I can use (too often), handles like it's on rails, comfortable, wheelie-tastic and epic amounts of fun for general hooning around on. The only real downside to them is the embuggerance of setting the valve clearances every 10k miles (they need it) and balancing the throttle bodies (they need that too). Apart from that, they're pretty much the perfect street bike.

Just in case you ever need it, there's a program available free called Tune ECU which with the addition of an £8 lead of that well known auction site is capable of remapping ECUs, downloading fault codes, resetting the TPS, helping to reset the throttle body balance and lots of other useful diagnostic and servicing tools. No need for a Power Commander either as you can edit fuel and ignition maps to your hearts content.

Very nice.

I went to the NEC bike show many years ago when Triumph launched the TT600. I left the NEC and drove back to Leeds and went to Eddie Motorcylces and placed my order there and then for one. Several months later it arrived and I still have it, although it is now in storage.

Enjoy.

Master

Lovely, mate has a 2010 speed trip. You've forgotten to mention how good they are for wheelies! Sound awesome with cans on too, like an old 2 stroke! enjoy!

Nice - One of the few naked bikes I'd consider.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato
    haha! Never ridden into London, but was under the impression that bikes were exempt from that stupid charge.
    They are
    Lovely bike btw

Very nice
    I'm still a bit old school in the Speed Triple department.
    I have one of the very first MkI's they produced, the 900cc with 5 speed box.
    Sounds great, and plenty fast enough for me, but I'm aware that it is slightly heavy, not as powerful, and with a higher centre of gravity than later versions thanks to the modular design and heavy spine frame.
    It is for me though the first classic bike that Bloor's triumph produced, and handles great on the right rubber.
    Love it, that bike has been my indulgence for 8 years now.
    I knew the original owner, who sold it to another mate of mine before I prised it out of his hands.
    15,000 miles from new, it is in perfect mechanical fettle, although some of the non-stainless fittings are now beginning to show their age. Not surprising as it comes of age this year and turns 18.
    I love it, but curiously, have never taken any photos of it. I should

Dave

Master

Little brother:

Any excuse to post a pic :roll: :D

I test rode the speed triple and liked it but thought something a little bit smaller and lighter would be perfect (for me that is). Next day I read about the launch of the street triple in MCN. Day after that I placed my order :D It is everything I hoped it would be :)