closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: sinn ux opinions?

sinn ux opinions?

thinking of picking up the ezm 2b and wondered if any owners here had opinions (good or bad) and any wrist shots?

it would be the version with the rubber strap i would be picking up but the quartz movement is putting me off? am i being a snob?

Master

Re: sinn ux opinions?

I had a GSG9 one briefly:

I liked the destro crown, but prefer the cleaner dial of the regular UX.
    Great watch, really well made, pretty comfy too with the curve of the lugs.

I like the EZM2 better though if you need an oil filled diver?

Craftsman

I've been thinking about getting one for a while now. Although I love Sinn and I've no problems with the quartz movement, I'm not keen on the idea of sending it back to Franfurt every time the battery dies. There are supposedly problems with the oil discolouring over time and also the second hand bounce issue.
    Think I'll probably go for a U1 or an EZM3 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by cad monkey
    I've been thinking about getting one for a while now. Although I love Sinn and I've no problems with the quartz movement, I not keen on the idea of sending it back to Franfurt every time the battery dies. There are supposedly problems with the oil discolouring over time and also the second hand bounce issue.
    The battery is good for 7 years and presumably Sinn would do the bells and whistles when changing the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLion
    I've been thinking about getting one for a while now. Although I love Sinn and I've no problems with the quartz movement, I not keen on the idea of sending it back to Franfurt every time the battery dies. There are supposedly problems with the oil discolouring over time and also the second hand bounce issue.
    The battery is good for 7 years and presumably Sinn would do the bells and whistles when changing the battery.
    Yes, as part of the battery change they will automatically service the movement, change the oil, and replace the dial and hands.

I've owned both versions at one time and although they have both been sold I still haven't ruled out getting another at some point.

^^

Indeedy, I have an EZM2 and I have to say the creamy appearance of the hands, lume and dial markers is most attractive.

In fact I've just had it in my hands and the oil bubbles are annoying me so I've had to put it on to warm it up :albino:

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Toshi
    Yes, as part of the battery change they will automatically service the movement, change the oil, and replace the dial and hands.

I've owned both versions at one time and although they have both been sold I still haven't ruled out getting another at some point.

I came across this picture of a discoloured UX
    (note this is not my picture, I do hope nobody minds, if so I will happily remove it)

OK every 7 years the oil gets renewed, but inbetween it must be gradually getting worse and worse surely?
    Really not sure if I'd be happy with that :?

OK every 7 years the oil gets renewed, but inbetween it must be gradually getting worse and worse surely?
    Think they use a different oil now than that they originally used as it meant the dial and hands were also replaced at service time. Think with the new oil you don't get this problem.

Craftsman

I have the standard UX and love it. The fact that it can only to go to Sinn for a service made me apprehensive at first, but then again the battery lasts for 7 years, and if you have an older model before they introduced the newer teflon oil they will replace the hands and dial if they become discoloured, (as pointed out by another member here). Service costs of, (I believe), less than £150 every 7 years ain't too bad at all. The watch itself is a fantastic piece of engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by tom3949
    I have the standard UX and love it. The fact that it can only to go to Sinn for a service made me apprehensive at first, but then again the battery lasts for 7 years, and if you have an older model before they introduced the newer teflon oil they will replace the hands and dial if they become discoloured, (as pointed out by another member here). Service costs of, (I believe), less than £150 every 7 years ain't too bad at all. The watch itself is a fantastic piece of engineering.
    that is pretty cheap for a service for a premium brand. will pull the trigger on it in the next few weeks hopefully.

can these be sourced cheaper than rrp new?

Craftsman

If they've fixed the oil problem, and a service only costs £150, then I think a chat with Neil at Chronomaster is very much on the cards. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by catflap
    Think they use a different oil now than that they originally used as it meant the dial and hands were also replaced at service time. Think with the new oil you don't get this problem.
    They originally used silicon oil in all the hydro watches, which they discovered attacked the lume on dial and hands in time. Many watches went back as a result of this and were fixed free of charge. They now use silicon oil which is more or less inert and doesn't cause the same problem. It remains standard practice to replace dial and hands when they change the battery.

Crikey Rich.. you had an amazing Sinn collection.. what is left?

I have a UX.. i love it..

Quote Originally Posted by minkle
    Crikey Rich.. you had an amazing Sinn collection.. what is left?
    4 have gone over the last 18 months, but I still have 3 - U1000, EZM2 & 142B. This was taken before the GSG9 arrived

I dont know how you do it, looking at that pic i think i can almost get away with a standard UX and i must get a bracelet.

Hi

I've fallen out of love with the oil filled watches... mine leaked :-(

Thanks
    deano

Quote Originally Posted by deano42
    Hi

Thanks
    deano
    Ouch. That must've caused some mess?

Quote Originally Posted by Toshi

Lovely dials!

It's nice, but it's the U1 all the way for me :P

Me too, U1 W on black rubber as I dive with it. Great looking watch.... :)

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Wexford
    thought about it but don't like the hands

Quote Originally Posted by drhexagon
    Quote Originally Posted by deano42
    Hi

Thanks
    deano
    Ouch. That must've caused some mess?
    The mess wasn't that bad, just oil over your hands... whilst the repair was eye watering :-(

Never again will I go down the "all to complicated route"... Nothing against Sinn as I had an EZM4 and it was awesome.!

Thanks
    deano

Very keen to try and find a nice Sinn UX

Used to have one years ago and strangely miss it now.

The lum was fantastic, and the internal reflection on the glass came in surprisingly useful. HOWEVER i did develop a bubble in mine which meant it had to be sent off for a battery and service, although at about £150 at the time it wasn't such a bad deal.

Great watches, and somthing a bit different for sure.

I eagerly await you breaking your silence on the death of Princess Diana.

Owl1
    The GSG9 is wonderful.

Just out of interest, I love my UX but the bezel seems to float or be sprung in some way so there is some up and down movement. Not like a wobble, it feels like it should move in that way but just wondered if this is normal?

Looks great on a white rubber also IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Wexford View Post
    I tossed and turned over the UX for so long, I just bought a U1 to scratch an itch.

I will never sell the U1 .. But the UX thing has never gone away!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    I eagerly await you breaking your silence on the death of Princess Diana.

Diana is dead!? I did a google for UX and saw the conversation on this fine forum and thought i'd resurrect this thread.

And from memory the bezel on fine didn't wobble, it was fairly tight down to the case, but I maybe remembering that wrong.

Still like the mk1 more

Here is the UX side by side with the U2