closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 95 of 95

Thread: Chrono central minute hands - show me yours?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    2,841
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Chrono central minute hands - show me yours?


  2. #52
    A few new ones, the Tutima 'ZUZ' and a Carrera 510.523:




  3. #53
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, and Devon/Wiltshire, UK
    Posts
    2,304
    That Heuer looks very elegant, particularly on the leather - shades of a Speedy Grail, with the tacho bezel and semi-brushed semi-polished case.

  4. #54
    It is smaller and more 'delicate' than I first thought, but I thought it would be quite bulky from pictures - but it works really well I think.

    Here's some of it on the original (TAG) bracelet:


    With the 510.501


    Same case as the Lemana SAAF:



  5. #55
    And now I have some access, here are a few others in more detail:












  6. #56
    Craftsman occamsrazor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK & Kenya
    Posts
    597
    Just curious to pick the brains of those who know more than me (which is NOT hard), and figured I'd post here rather than a new thread. Was bidding on, and lost, this ebay auction of a Lemania 5100 chrono that appears to be similar to the Omega FIFA and/or Heuer Carrera 510.523, but which appeared to be unbranded. I scoured the net to find another identical one but couldn't. I figured maybe it might be some kind of franken from different parts of both, which was OK for me, or some other less-well documented variation.
    In the end it went too high for my budget but I was just curious to learn a bit more about these and similar models.... Thanks.


  7. #57
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    4,879
    Franken
    Tutima Dial, (squashed font numerals on sub-dials), Sinn solid lume primary hands and in-house Lemania case (as used for Heuer and such).
    Not bad for the price, but this was never a watch as it stands.
    Not sure the bracelet is original either.
    Dave

  8. #58
    Craftsman occamsrazor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK & Kenya
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Franken
    Tutima Dial, (squashed font numerals on sub-dials), Sinn solid lume primary hands and in-house Lemania case (as used for Heuer and such).
    Not bad for the price, but this was never a watch as it stands.
    Not sure the bracelet is original either.
    Dave
    That was my guess - the franken aspect, not the detailed info - thanks for your insight.... Like I said the franken part didn't totally put me off as genuine types of these are way above my budget and it's still a very stylish watch with I assume a genuine Lemania 5100 movement. It was described as "neuve de stock" i.e. NOS. Are there people who put stuff like this together now, or is it a franken from that period you think?

  9. #59
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    4,879
    The movement can't be faked, there is no such thing unless someone transplants the slower beat 5012 into it (and this one hasn't, it is a 5100).

    Note that the movement serial is in a recessed medallion, indicating an early movement (most likely ~80s, possibly early 90s). I can't see the movement number to date it properly.

    As regards NOS - it could be anything.
    It could even be an old case that has been refinished and PVD coated (which I suspect). The photos are poor but the case edges do not look very precise, indicating a thick coating, probably not original.
    Hard to tell really.

    And I suspect a re-lume too, it is all a bit fat and green to be old.

    All just opinions, clearly

    Dave

  10. #60
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    31,945
    Love this thread...


  11. #61
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    4,879
    Seeing as I have answered a query on this thread, maybe I should show my current crop of central minute chronos.....















    I've had about 20 others too, but these are the ones I am keeping (all except the black Lorenz, that's going soon).

    Dave
    Last edited by sweets; 24th October 2013 at 20:09. Reason: Adding one picture

  12. #62
    Master deerworrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Noo Zulund
    Posts
    1,037
    the sinn's have long flown the coup but the Speedy telly remains. not the rarest of Omega's but not exactly a common/popular one either? I love it.





    once upon a time the dial on this was blue! now it has 80% brass and mottled moon map effect:)
    Last edited by deerworrier; 24th October 2013 at 21:03.

  13. #63
    Grand Master Carlton-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Berlin, London and sometimes Dublin
    Posts
    13,231
    Two from me





    Die Zeit verwandelt uns nicht, sie entfaltet uns nur.

  14. #64
    Grand Master Mr Curta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mainly UK
    Posts
    12,903
    Cool, a thread well worth resurrecting.

    You and I remember Budapest very differently.

  15. #65
    Master witti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ludwigsburg, Germany
    Posts
    1,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Cool, a thread well worth resurrecting.

    Can this be my old 142?

    I agree itís a cool subject. Too bad that many of those old images are not appearing any more, at least to me.

    My only 5100 powered one is this at the moment:

    upload image

  16. #66
    Craftsman Dr Wolff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    873
    My five...
    Apologies for my awful photography

  17. #67
    Master earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    The Flat Stuff, Lincs.
    Posts
    1,866
    Love a central-minutes chrono - need more!



  18. #68
    Grand Master Mr Curta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mainly UK
    Posts
    12,903
    Quote Originally Posted by witti View Post
    Can this be my old 142?
    It certainly is

    A couple more.



    You and I remember Budapest very differently.

  19. #69
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    35,435
    I'm considering selling my Damaskos (DA37 & DC56) plus one or two other watches and replacing with a Damasko DC8*. The DC86 tempts me, but I just can't see any purpose to the 24hr sub dial, as I don't believe it's independently settable. The DC82 with a 1-11 bezel seems to make more sense as this could count up hours if needed when using the chrono, or as a 12hr GMT bezel. Given the gestation period of my watch purchases there'll probably be another 3 or 4 DC8* models out by the time I decide to do something about it.

  20. #70
    Master earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    The Flat Stuff, Lincs.
    Posts
    1,866
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I'm considering selling my Damaskos (DA37 & DC56) plus one or two other watches and replacing with a Damasko DC8*. The DC86 tempts me, but I just can't see any purpose to the 24hr sub dial, as I don't believe it's independently settable. The DC82 with a 1-11 bezel seems to make more sense as this could count up hours if needed when using the chrono, or as a 12hr GMT bezel. Given the gestation period of my watch purchases there'll probably be another 3 or 4 DC8* models out by the time I decide to do something about it.
    First shout on that 56 if you do take the leap fairly soon, please!

    I couldn't see the point of the DC86 - too much superfluous dial clutter. I bought the DC80 because it was the chronograph reduced to its simplest and most legible form, and the 1-11 bezel extends its usefulness - though with hindsight I sometimes miss the date function, so the DC82 is indeed probably the sweet spot. Might ask Damasko to change the dial when it eventually goes back for servicing - pretty sure the date disc is under there, there's certainly a position on the crown for date adjustment.

  21. #71
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    35,435
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    First shout on that 56 if you do take the leap fairly soon, please!

    I couldn't see the point of the DC86 - too much superfluous dial clutter. I bought the DC80 because it was the chronograph reduced to its simplest and most legible form, and the 1-11 bezel extends its usefulness - though with hindsight I sometimes miss the date function, so the DC82 is indeed probably the sweet spot. Might ask Damasko to change the dial when it eventually goes back for servicing - pretty sure the date disc is under there, there's certainly a position on the crown for date adjustment.

    For me I'm happy to be without a date function and would much rather have running seconds, which of course isn't possible at the moment. I'm beginning to sound like one of those Everest fiends who are up to 153 different versions at last count. ;-)

  22. #72
    Master earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    The Flat Stuff, Lincs.
    Posts
    1,866
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    For me I'm happy to be without a date function and would much rather have running seconds, which of course isn't possible at the moment. I'm beginning to sound like one of those Everest fiends who are up to 153 different versions at last count. ;-)
    Fair enough, we want what we want, big part of the reason I have as many watches as I do, that search for perfection - ironically, the closest thing to that is the DC57 I have: aside from a couple with sentimental value, the DC5 is the last one I'd let go. As for running seconds, I just hit the "go" button on the chrono, but an at-a-glance sign of life is avowedly a good thing.

  23. #73
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    4,879
    Chrono central minutes is one of my "things", having had about 50 or so over the years.

    This is the current crop

    EZM1



    Tutima ZUZ



    Slate blue/grey Lemania



    Those are my 5100s, I also have an Eberhard Cheftain Diascope which has the Lemania 5195, arguable the most functional movement of all, as the 24-hr subdial is independently settable on this



    And most accessible (ie available to buy new) the A-13A



    Dave

  24. #74
    Master earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    The Flat Stuff, Lincs.
    Posts
    1,866
    Jesus ^ that's ^ a hell of a collection - ALL my want! Tutima, Lemania and Eberhard are all models I've never even seen before.

  25. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Chrono central minutes is one of my "things", having had about 50 or so over the years.

    This is the current crop

    Dave
    That Tutima doesnít belong in this exalted company.
    You should sell it. To me:-)

  26. #76
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Plymouth, UK
    Posts
    1,292
    My two, Sinn EZM10



    A-13A


  27. #77
    Master alfat33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,991
    Nothing original from me, certainly nothing to compare to some previous posts. The Universal Geneve is a beauty as well. I feel like an imposter, but this Fortis is a nice watch, precursor to Mr. Curtaís Cosmonaut


  28. #78
    Master alfat33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,991
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Chrono central minutes is one of my "things", having had about 50 or so over the years.


    Tutima ZUZ



    Dave
    It's so lovely that I had to do a bit of research. I read the MWR thread from about 9 years ago, I hadn't realised these were made for the Germans Customs. Is your one an issued one or could you buy them from Tutima at one time, if you don't mind me asking?

  29. #79
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    4,879
    Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    It's so lovely that I had to do a bit of research. I read the MWR thread from about 9 years ago, I hadn't realised these were made for the Germans Customs. Is your one an issued one or could you buy them from Tutima at one time, if you don't mind me asking?
    Mine is issued, and although it ws possible to order one from Tutima, they never really featured in the normal line-up. They even did an orange dial version of this.

    Interesting that everyone is commenting on it, there is another issued one (Andy's) at the top of the page.........

    Dave

  30. #80
    Master alfat33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,991
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Mine is issued, and although it ws possible to order one from Tutima, they never really featured in the normal line-up. They even did an orange dial version of this.

    Interesting that everyone is commenting on it, there is another issued one (Andy's) at the top of the page.........

    Dave
    Many thanks. I hadn't gone back to the start of the thread, some more beauties there.

  31. #81
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,537
    Mine from 1973.


  32. #82
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    2,700
    I blame all the pictures on here when I joined. Plus now edited as I'd misread the title as central seconds, doh.
    Last edited by deepreddave; 2nd March 2021 at 20:58.

  33. #83
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    506

    Chrono central minute hands - show me yours?

    Here are mine at the moment............
    yeap thatís right ... none .. I removed the pic:)
    My definition of a central Chrono was wrong.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stilgoe1972; 2nd March 2021 at 17:36.

  34. #84
    Master earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    The Flat Stuff, Lincs.
    Posts
    1,866
    I love every single one of ^ those ^ - but I don't think any of them are central-minutes chronos

  35. #85
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    I love every single one of ^ those ^ - but I don't think any of them are central-minutes chronos
    Thankyou for that.. pic removed:)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  36. #86
    Tag Aquagraph, only photo I have: -


  37. #87
    I'm down to my last one


  38. #88
    Craftsman Wandril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    I'm down to my last one

    That's looking amazing!
    What the subdial at 12 for then?
    24h indicator?

  39. #89
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    That's looking amazing!
    What the subdial at 12 for then?
    24h indicator?
    Yes


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  40. #90
    Craftsman Wandril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    Yes


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok thank you!

  41. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    That's looking amazing!
    What the subdial at 12 for then?
    24h indicator?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    Yes


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    Ok thank you!
    You're welcome

  42. #92
    Craftsman Wandril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    You're welcome
    Beautiful picture as well I must say!

  43. #93
    Master earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    The Flat Stuff, Lincs.
    Posts
    1,866
    At risk of highlighting a double whammy of forum dislikes, just stumbled across a Christopher Ward quartz centre-minutes chrono which looks rather nicely executed at £495 to £600 depending on bracelet options:

    Last edited by earlofsodbury; 5th March 2021 at 12:05. Reason: wrong pic

  44. #94
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    2,493
    Just the one for me :)

  45. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Just the one for me :)

    Never seen one of these looks interesting


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information