closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 90 of 162 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,500 of 8058

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    ^^^^
    Quite underwhelmed watching Dunkirk. It didn’t convey the chaos and sheer numbers of British & allied forces, the sight of a ship with what looked like a hundred or so evacuees onboard instead of the photos and films I’ve seen of ships rammed with returning soldiers didn’t do the evacuation justice. Can’t be that difficult for CGI to add a crowd.
    I absolutely loved the score however, who doesn’t love Edgar’s Nimrod?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman
    Kicks showing on sky cinema mixture of funny, sadness and brutal life in the California gang related ghettos

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Saw 12 Strong today, the true story of twelve U.S. Army Green Berets who were dropped into northern Afghanistan the month after 9/11/01, to help an Afghani general (aka war lord) push the Taliban out of the country with the support of field-directed B-52 bombing. It was excellent!

Liking the look of that. Reminds me of 'lone survivor' which i thought was excelent.

I've been catching up on some old Clint Eastwood films lately; Absolute Power, Blood Work and True Crime over the weekend. No special effects, just good stories.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

The Blue Dahlia. Classic noir.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    Not even a hint what movie you're promoting, or why?

Pitch Black was on the other night again.
    Very worthy of numerous viewings.

Not even a hint what movie you're promoting, or why?
    Sorry mate. My bad.
    Ok here goes buried is very dark and although only one character in one scene throughout the whole film, you’ll forget that and get immersed into it in sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    We tried to watch 'John Wick 2' today. Utter and complete load of arse. I am sick of watching films where the hero never misses and guns are fired in confined places and no ones ears bleed.
    I completely agree. Even with the obvious reality checks, I did find the first one entertaining though.

Master
    I quite enjoyed 13 Hours - The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi. Based on a true story (although how close to the truth it is, I don't know).

Recorded 'Idiocracy' a few days ago, it's the future.

I watched Dunkirk last week end. Utter shite. Can’t understand how it was so rated. The true story of how they saved 60 soldiers using 5 boats....no sense of scale at all

Master
    Sicario the other night. Del Toro was brutal. A life in the drug trade/black ops was never for me

Master
    Rather enjoyed the new Jumanji. Best not to think about the original, and just treat it as it's own film. An hour or two or utterly OTT bonkers absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    Sicario the other night. Del Toro was brutal. A life in the drug trade/black ops was never for me
    I saw THIS preview on Tuesday for Sicario 2: Soldado starring Benicio Del Toro and Josh Brolin. It looks like a MUST SEE to me.

But no Emily Blunt and not directed by Denis Villeneuve. I will go and see it but suspect it will suffer from disappointing sequel syndrome.

Master
    Just watched Drive with Ryan Gosling, a moody, stylish heist movie. with some brutal sudden violence. thoroughly enjoyable and not your usual Holywood fare.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    But no Emily Blunt and not directed by Denis Villeneuve. I will go and see it but suspect it will suffer from disappointing sequel syndrome.
    Emily Blunt........................................to die for!

Watched Terminator 2 again but in 3D this evening, seen it a few times in SD and again really enjoyed it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    I enjoyed sicario. I've always enjoyed those types of films.if you're into that watch Narcos and El Chapo.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I saw THIS preview on Tuesday for Sicario 2: Soldado starring Benicio Del Toro and Josh Brolin. It looks like a MUST SEE to me.

Looks good and loved the first one (By the way....Emily please stop calling me, I'm spoken for!)....but looks like one of those brilliant trailers that you've seen the whole film/best hook lines in 1 min 52 secs....but will give it a go.

Master
    The wife and I watched Book of Henry last night. The Mrs cried so much I thought she was going to die of dehydration! Good little film

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    I watched the foreigner on Netflix, thought it was a good watch

Master
    Oh and the kids seemed to enjoy prince of Egypt

Watched A futile and stupid gesture last night on Netflix. Tells the story of National Lampoons founder(s)

Being a big fan of Lampoon films, I was surprised to realise I never knew of it's history. A very interesting, enjoyable film

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Watched A futile and stupid gesture last night on Netflix. Tells the story of National Lampoons founder(s)

Being a big fan of Lampoon films, I was surprised to realise I never knew of it's history. A very interesting, enjoyable film
    Snap! Same here... quite interesting and tells so much about the start-up and story of the National Lampoon.

Watched Life - Jake Gyllenhall and Ryan Reynolds. Wasn't expecting much but thought it was excellent.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    Anyone seen the new Churchill film, trailer looks great.

I watched it over the weekend. Fantastic film, can't recommend it enough. Gave me a great sense of patriotism and national pride!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by toptime View Post
    I watched it over the weekend. Fantastic film, can't recommend it enough. Gave me a great sense of patriotism and national pride!
    Went to watch it Saturday but was very busy so didn't bother!!
    A few I've spoken to say the same, going to have to get.

Beside Bowie : The Mick Ronson Story
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Retribution' ('El Desconocido')

Just watched this on Netflix and I thought it was excellent. Tale of a dodgy banker who realises there is a bomb in his car while doing the school run and blackmail ensues.

V for Vendetta (again).

Right-wing isolationism anybody?

Saw The Darkest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by toptime View Post
    I was quite disappointed in it. Not sure if it was because I am very familiar with the period in history but I found the film to be lacking in any tension or drama.

Oldman was as good as ever but overall it was a 6/10 at best for me.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by den77 View Post
    I was quite disappointed in it. Not sure if it was because I am very familiar with the period in history but I found the film to be lacking in any tension or drama.

Oldman was as good as ever but overall it was a 6/10 at best for me.
    Interesting, really loved it. Actually few recent good movies this year

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Watched 12 Strong last night and I quite enjoyed it. If it wasn't based on a true story I would have said it was a bit unlikely although it is a bit "USA!USA!"
    Dont get me wrong,it's hardly deep and meaningful but it is very watchable.

Strange one this. I watched Spectre. It was better than expected, especially since a lot of people didn't like it here
    *POSSIBLE SPOILER*

However, the henchman thing with Batista was rubbish, as was the usually excellent Christoph Waltz as Blofeld. No menace to either of them. Predictable plot also. But as a mindless watch it was watchable.

*END OF SPOILER*

Reason why I put it here rather than elsewhere was 15% it was better than I was lead to think; 85% it was way, way better than the god awful Skyfall. Which was easily the worst Bond film I have seen, even worse than Brosnan's last two films.

Master
    The Darkest Hour, superb film with an amazing central performance. Makes me a little sad to think what we were as a nation not all that long ago.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    The Darkest Hour, superb film with an amazing central performance.
    Agreed. Saw it tonight.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Fine, enjoyable, film. But that 'underground ' scene made me cringe.

I just watched the English-subtitled German film "In the Fade." Diane Kruger won Best Actress at Cannes and the film won Best Foreign Language Film at the Golden Globes a few weeks ago. It is OUTSTANDING.

I watched 'Three Billboards Outide Ebbing, Missouri last night. It is one of the best films I have ever seen at the cinema. I don't say that lightly. Utterly utterly superb.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I watched 'Three Billboards Outide Ebbing, Missouri last night. It is one of the best films I have ever seen at the cinema. I don't say that lightly. Utterly utterly superb.
    Difficult to believe the writer/director is the same fella who made In Bruges.

I hadn't made the connection, but I don't find it difficult. I didn't see In Bruges at the cinema but started to watch it when it came on TV. At first I didn't think I'd make it to the end, but became more involved as the film progressed.

What is it with numbers? I'm off to try and find Six Shooter and Seven Psychopaths.

I loved In Bruges but didn't take to Seven Psychopaths. His latest work is by far his best to date. Worthy of the Coen's at their best. 3BOE,M reminded me of No Country For Old Men in terms of quality. Praise indeed.

Has anyone else seen The Killing of a Sacred Deer? I'm glad I went to see it (I don't think it will survive on TV), but I'm still not sure of what I saw. A bit like Funny Games in that respect.

Cuba and the Cameraman, Jon Alpert's exploration of the roller coaster of Cuban life over 45 years of visits. I found it captivating from the start. It's available on Netflix.

Valerian seems to have divided opinion, but I’m firmly on the side of liking it. It’s not brilliant by any stretch, but it’s far more imaginative that the latest Star Wars imo. Looks fantastic in 4K dolby vision as well!

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Has anyone else seen The Killing of a Sacred Deer? I'm glad I went to see it (I don't think it will survive on TV), but I'm still not sure of what I saw. A bit like Funny Games in that respect.
    Yes I saw it and really liked it, as much as you can like this type of film. I liked the Director's previous work, 'The Lobster' too. I watched Aronofsky's 'Mother' in the same week as 'Deer'. Both challenging works. Definitely in the same ball park as 'Funny Games' and the other Haneke fare.

Master
    The Foreigner with Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan