closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 121 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,050 of 8057

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Went to see Tenet recently.
    Great action and Robert Pattinson was excellent.
    Kenneth Branagh was a bit scary.
    No idea what it was about and half of it seemed to be going backwards but still really enjoyed it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    This would be a great addition to all these posts, what platform the film is on.
    I found a website called justwatch.com where you can do just that. Very useful.

Master
    Watched Unhinged with Russel Crow - not bad - boy did he pile on the pounds for that role

The Platform on netflix. I thought it was good, better half was a bit nonplussed.
    https://www.netflix.com/title/811285...=13747225&t=cp

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Margin Call

Slow burner about a NYC investment bank in the 2008 crisis; fabulous cast including Paul Bettany, Jeremy Irons and Kevin Spacey.

On Prime and currently YouTube too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzBNL_clgEs

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I found a website called justwatch.com where you can do just that. Very useful.
    Great tip,thanks.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Margin Call

Slow burner about a NYC investment bank in the 2008 crisis; fabulous cast including Paul Bettany, Jeremy Irons and Kevin Spacey.

On Prime and currently YouTube too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzBNL_clgEs
    Superb film, scary but really good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    The Guilty (Den skyldige)

Danish film with English subtitles, we really enjoyed this movie. Not sure if it was on Prime or Netflix - was free though.

Master
    War movie weekend for me.

Saturday night was A Bridge Too Far. I hadn't seen it before. A cracking film.

Today, The Battle of Britain with the family. I know I've seen it before, but never in its entirety. Gripping stuff and amazing use of the aircraft.
    We have a tradition of sorts of watch a WW II film on a Sunday while waiting for slow cooked lamb shanks to finish cooking. It only happens once every 18 months or so. In the past it was Where Eagles Dare, The Great Escape and The Van Ryan Express.

Just watched Ava which isn't that bad but the fight scenes were a bit amateurish.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Everyone should watch The Social Dilemma on Netflix, bloody mind blowing to be honest...

Craftsman
    Le Mans ‘66 was rather good I must say, would recommend. Acting was very good.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Everyone should watch The Social Dilemma on Netflix, bloody mind blowing to be honest...

Watched it last night. Very well done & very worrying for our future.

Antebellum. I watched it a few day's ago and was lost for a while but the ending explains it all.
    A bit far fetched in term's of today's BLM thing but I guess that's what it's about.

Master

Blog Entries
    Watched "In the shadow of the moon" last night - it's a wierd mashup of genres (no spoilers) but I found it entertaining overall.

I watched Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy at the weekend (it's on Iplayer); I was expecting to hate it but actually thought it quite well done. Obviously it inevitably means that I'll go back to the Alec Guinness version again very soon but it's a lot better than I expected it to be which accounts for why I've taken so long to get around to it.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Watched Inception again last night. Seriously good. I'd rather watch a great movie again Vs trying to find something half decent and new.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Watched Inception again last night. Seriously good. I'd rather watch a great movie again Vs trying to find something half decent and new.
    I remember watching that and my brain was hurting! People always say to watch it twice though.

Craftsman
    I watched this at the cinema 4 times, watch it again at least once a year. Fantastic film.

Have you seen Interstellar?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I watched Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy at the weekend (it's on Iplayer); I was expecting to hate it but actually thought it quite well done. Obviously it inevitably means that I'll go back to the Alec Guinness version again very soon but it's a lot better than I expected it to be which accounts for why I've taken so long to get around to it.
    Interestingly I watched Carlton-Browne of the F.O. at the weekend!

The Judge - Well worth a watch on Netflix

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    I remember watching that and my brain was hurting! People always say to watch it twice though.
    I was much the same. Watched it the first time and thought it was a good movie but couldn't really enjoy it dye to my brain hurting! When I went to put it on last night it was already half way through on netflix so I'd given up half way when watching it before. Started from the beginning, limited my phone use, and really enjoyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    I watched this at the cinema 4 times, watch it again at least once a year. Fantastic film.

Have you seen Interstellar?
    I've seen Interstellar once but really need to watch it again now. The soundtrack is one of my most played playlists on Spotify. Can't believe Nolan never went to film school or that he seems to wear a suit every day of his life.

After Interstellar I'll go through the batman trilogy again.

Craftsman
    I was much the same. Watched it the first time and thought it was a good movie but couldn't really enjoy it dye to my brain hurting! When I went to put it on last night it was already half way through on netflix so I'd given up half way when watching it before. Started from the beginning, limited my phone use, and really enjoyed it.

I've seen Interstellar once but really need to watch it again now. The soundtrack is one of my most played playlists on Spotify. Can't believe Nolan never went to film school or that he seems to wear a suit every day of his life.

After Interstellar I'll go through the batman trilogy again.
    Nolan's films have brought incalculable joy to my life, I love the Batman trilogy too. Definitely recommend re-watching Interstellar, it's so complex it gets better with every watch.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

The Gentleman has now come onto Prime, I really really enjoyed it, a typical Guy Richie geezer gangster movie in the same vein as Snatch, I thought Colin Farrell was superb.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I thought the film had a great look and atmosphere. I actually watched the film before the TV series, and possibly before I read the book. The Alec Guinness version however, is magnificent. Some great anecdotes in this interview with Le Carre about his meeting with Guinness. https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...1/artsfeatures

If you like the atmosphere of John Le Carré's books and the laconic George Smiley, I can recommend a 1967 Sidney Lumet flick called The Deadly Affair. It is based on Le Carré's first novel - Call for the Dead, where we meet Smiley (and his faithless, nympho' wife) for the first time. In the film the Smiley character is played by the ever-excellent James Mason, although the character's name is Charles Dobbs - I think it was changed because the rights to the Smiley name belonged to another studio which had already made The Spy Who Came in from the Cold, released two years earlier.

There's the usual cast of British film notables from the period - Harry Andrews, Roy Kinnear, Lynn Redgrave, Kenneth Haigh, etc. as well as Maximillian Schell, Simone SIgnoret and Swedish beauty Harriet Andersson as Smiley's wife.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    If you like the atmosphere of John Le Carré's books and the laconic George Smiley, I can recommend a 1967 Sidney Lumet flick called The Deadly Affair. It is based on Le Carré's first novel - Call for the Dead...
    Thanks for the recommendation, I'll see if I can find it.

If you like the atmosphere of John Le Carré's books and the laconic George Smiley, I can recommend a 1967 Sidney Lumet flick called The Deadly Affair. It is based on Le Carré's first novel - Call for the Dead, where we meet Smiley (and his faithless, nympho' wife) for the first time. In the film the Smiley character is played by the ever-excellent James Mason, although the character's name is Charles Dobbs - I think it was changed because the rights to the Smiley name belonged to another studio which had already made The Spy Who Came in from the Cold, released two years earlier.

There's the usual cast of British film notables from the period - Harry Andrews, Roy Kinnear, Lynn Redgrave, Kenneth Haigh, etc. as well as Maximillian Schell, Simone SIgnoret and Swedish beauty Harriet Andersson as Smiley's wife.
    That is a great film and really captures the feel of 50s and 60s London.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    I thought the film had a great look and atmosphere. I actually watched the film before the TV series, and possibly before I read the book. The Alec Guinness version however, is magnificent. Some great anecdotes in this interview with Le Carre about his meeting with Guinness. https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...1/artsfeatures
    Fantastic article. Thank you. I absolutely love the original Smiley series and only wish they had shot the Honourable Schoolboy too but presumably the Hong Kong location would have been too expensive.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Fantastic article. Thank you. I absolutely love the original Smiley series and only wish they had shot the Honourable Schoolboy too but presumably the Hong Kong location would have been too expensive.
    The Honourable Schoolboy may be my favourite Le Carre novel. I wish they had adapted it for TV too but I can understand why they didn't. As you said the the far east location shooting would have stretched budgets and it is a slight detour from the main narrative.

The Honourable Schoolboy may be my favourite Le Carre novel. I wish they had adapted it for TV too but I can understand why they didn't. As you said the the far east location shooting would have stretched budgets and it is a slight detour from the main narrative.
    My favourite too and I think I've read them all!

Thanks, I enjoyed reading that.

Thanks for the tip - it looks like I'm going to have to sell my soul to Amazon to watch it but I think I'll get to it before the end of the week.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Blog Entries
    Watched Calvery with Brendon Gleeson last night - good film and very thought provoking.

Enola Holmes on Netflix. A feel good movie with some stellar acting, albeit a bit silly. Me and missis loved it. Great couple or family movie.

I watched this the other day and quite liked it. That's the same girl from Stranger Thing's and she played a very good role. A good family movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post
    Enola Holmes on Netflix. A feel good movie with some stellar acting, albeit a bit silly. Me and missis loved it. Great couple or family movie.

Watched it yesterday too, I agree, nice film.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Yep a nice light fun movie with just enough mystery. A great movie for a Saturday night in with the missus.

Millie Bobby Brown is excellent. She is going places that young lady.

I watched "Johnny English Strikes Again" last night.

As stupid as the other films, but I have to say I chuckled a few times.

Definitely one of my guilty pleasures, these films.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post

100% agreed

The Gentleman has now come onto Prime, I really really enjoyed it, a typical Guy Richie geezer gangster movie in the same vein as Snatch, I thought Colin Farrell was superb.
    I second that, great fun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the recommendation. Enjoyed it.

I, Tonya

Rather sad and curious tale but very funny, and some great performances esp. Allison Janney playing the mom (she got the Oscar).

I recall the event when it happened so interesting to see some blanks being filled in, of course subject to artistic licence!

^^^
    Agree with this.
    I don't mind a GR movie, but even with that being said I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would.

I honestly thought I would struggle with Hugh Grants character, as it was so completely different to his usual 'posh public schoolboy' roles, but he did a very decent job of it IMHO. Colin Farrell was brilliant.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Watched this last night. The plot is poor and makes no sense in places but the visual are excellent. I thought that the moon buggy chase scene / fight were amazing. I'm going to watch it again tonight just for the special effects.
    Fair point but still worth a watch. I enjoyed it.

Ad Astra

Quote Originally Posted by Alasdairmc View Post
    I also just watched Peanut Butter Falcon. A lovely little film, with great performances all round.
    Going to echo this - finished Peanut Buuter Falcon tonight, and it was great. Also really enjoyed The Gentlemen. That's all I have to offer now!

Watched this last night. Decent 'family' film as you say. It is no award winner, but was an enjoyable watch.

Master
    The Devil All the Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIzazUv2gtI

Brilliant film, IMO

Journeyman
    "Yesterday".

Amazing movie.
    When a Beatles cover singer wakes up in a world where there are no Beatles
    But knows all their songs...

https://youtu.be/6uqvgPm8U4c

"I've seen the devil"

Amazing piece of amazing South Korean cinematography. I wonder how Tarantino didn't steal this.

https://youtu.be/xwWgp1bqVwE
    Last edited by Incursore; 3rd October 2020 at 20:24.

I whole heartedly agree with I saw the devil. It's an absolute classic but it is very violent if you're a bit squeamish.

Also The Gentleman is class and like some one above mentioned it's along the lines of Snatch which is one of my favourite movies but it is also very much a class of it's own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Incursore View Post
    "Yesterday".

Amazing movie.
    When a Beatles cover singer wakes up in a world where there are no Beatles
    But knows all their songs...

https://youtu.be/6uqvgPm8U4c

"I've seen the devil"

Amazing piece of amazing South Korean cinematography. I wonder how Tarantino didn't steal this.

https://youtu.be/xwWgp1bqVwE