closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104
Results 5,151 to 5,166 of 5166

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Cannibal Holocaust. A 1980s Italian movie that got the director charged with obscenity and then murder (for making a snuff film). Charges were dropped when the actors who were supposedly killed on film turned up for a press conference.

Seminal, in that it was an early example of the found footage genre, but gross, in that a number of animals are graphically killed and dismembered on screen. Along with its fair share of nudity and more than one rape scene, I'd suggest not watching it on the train journey home. Or perhaps at all. It's a fairly ham-fisted commentary on exploitative media, in this case journalism, but feels like an exploitative film itself.

Edited: maybe this should have gone in the bad film thread. It straddles the line...
    Great soundtrack though!

Watched Dead Mans Shoes again yesterday.

Genuinely becoming my all time favourite. Must have watched it at least 5 times. Paddy Considine is fantastic in it.
    Last edited by senwar; 15th May 2019 at 08:34. Reason: Stupid predictive text!

Master
    Don't you just love predictive text? Poor Amanda lol
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Watched Dead Amanda Shoes again yesterday.

Genuinely becoming my all time favourite. Must have watched it at least 5 times. Paddy Considine is fantastic in it.
    Sent from my SM-G903F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Watched 'The Infiltrator'and 'A Most Violent Year' over the weekend. Both worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Dead Man's Shoes is a favourite of mine - it was on TV late one Sunday evening years ago and I started watching with no idea of the plot, actors etc. and it held me transfixed throughout. A real gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Parabola View Post
    Don't you just love predictive text? Poor Amanda lol

Haha ruddy hell. How the hell did it do that? Goddam iPhone.

Thanks for letting me know. Off to edit!

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Dead Man's Shoes is a favourite of mine - it was on TV late one Sunday evening years ago and I started watching with no idea of the plot, actors etc. and it held me transfixed throughout. A real gem.
    Itís fantastic isnít it. I was the same re the plot when I first watched it.

Master
    Think I mentioned once before that I was at school with Toby Keynell who played Anthony in that (Paddy's brother).

Saw Charlize Theron and Seth Rogen in Long Shot today...excellent Rom/Com!

It's about a high-profile U.S. Secretary of State and Presidential hopeful (Theron) who hires a quirky journalist (Rogen) for whom she used to babysit.

Anyone going to see Godzilla? I'll be going on my own as no one will go with me! Childish I've been told.
    Review will be left after.

Journeyman
    John Wick 3 - If you've seen Ch. 1 or 2 you'll know what this is about. Maybe I'm just getting bored of these well choreographed fight scenes... Kinda more of the same.

Sent from my SM-G975F using TZ-UK mobile app

This trailer has me raring to go!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I know I'm a fanboy but I watched John Wick 3 last night and loved it.

The action scenes are breakneck even compared to 1&2.

Several groans and nervous laughs in the cinema as JW despatched baddies in even more gruesome ways than ever.

And more action than the 4 Avenger films put together...
    Last edited by pete-r; 17th May 2019 at 09:09.

Dead pool 2.
    Watched it 3 times and with the kids because it really is a family movie.
    The story and the development of the movie is great, there is lots going on but not for too long so I was not bored.
    We are Italian so foul language and violence are an everyday thing, still, we didn't get as much as watching the news.
    And I appreciated all sexual innuendos involved men's butts altough... I now.have to watch my back whenever the 4 year old is around.

BUBI 0_0

Finally watched 'Get Out'. Not bad for a directorial debut, but quickly reminded me of a cult 1975 film (with a bad remake in 2004). I won't mention the name of the film as it might be a spoiler.

Master
    Just watched The Sisters Brothers. Excellent cast and really well acted and scripted. Didnít know much about it but really was excellent.

Also watched Mid 90ís, written and directed by Jonah Hill. Really good job of capturing the feel of what it was like growing up in that era and a really good job for a first time director.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk