closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 97 of 162 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,850 of 8057

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Master
    That new Tomb Raider wasn't too bad, expect the lead had a terrible British accent and was pretty wooden.
    Still, a good "treasure hunt" action flick in the absense of another Indiana Jones.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    Operation Odessa on Netflix

A documentary about drug dealers/ murderers/ undercover FBI in Miami, Russia, Cuba and Colombia in the 90's. Total insanity, buying Russian military vehicles and transporting them to Colombia for smuggling. When they ask about buying a submarine they are asked how many and if they want the missiles as well

Fantastic stuff
    My brother in law stuck that on the other day, then proceeded to talk all the way through and mute short sections while the kids were wandering in and out.
    I saw enough to pique my interest but (I think) enough to spoil it should I sit down to watch it properly. :(

Don’t Breathe on Netflix.

Thriller / Horror... worth a look. Loved how the camera focused on the things that would later come into play, interesting. Few great twists too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Yardie.
    This is Idris Elba's directorial debut and its had mixed reviews but I have to say that I thought it was good. You do,however,have to concentrate as almost all the dialogue has a heavy Jamaican accent. Cracking soundtrack as well!

Master
    I Watched 'The Hateful Eight' last night and it was one of the most horrible fillums I've seen.
    Typical Tarantino.
    It was alright though.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    ‘Shot caller’ on NowTV was pretty good, very gritty prison drama.
    Good shout Jason. I watched it this afternoon, it was a decent Sunday afternoon watch.

Saw St Vincent the other night, really enjoyed it, but then I’m a big Bill Murray fan. Melissa McCarthy also excellent, very different role from her usual comedic roles.

SUNTAN

Greek drama about a 40-something falling in love with a woman half his age.

No doubt a scenario familiar to a few here

I saw Crazy Rich Asians yesterday. I expected to watch a light comedy, but it was much more! I'm betting it will be winning awards.

Craftsman
    Bone Tomahawk, a strange disconcerting film.

I have just watched 2 films that I have been meaning to watch for a while now, and was pleasently surprised by both.

Solo- despite what I have read about it, I thought it was very entertaining and a great back story to one of the Star Wars legends. Much better than the last 2 Star Wars offerings, on a par with Rogue One for entertainment.

Sicario: Day of the Soldado- totally different atmosphere to Sicario, but that's not to hold anything about the movie. Great plot, great performances again from Brolin and Del Toro. A different director to the original, but camera work and music score in the same vein as Villeneuve. Excellent movie.

Solo a solid 7/10, Sicario 2- a definite easy 8/10

Watched Sicario pt 2 over the weekend and as entertaining as it was it did leave me wondering if things like that really go on?

On Tuesday I saw "The Wife," with Glenn Close and Jonathan Pryce. SUPERB! Both acting performances were captivating, but I think Glenn Close might snag the Best Actress Oscar for this one.

Master
    Solo I thought was terrible.
    I can’t stand the lead he’s just not Han Solo . All the charisma of a goldfish possibly less.

Sicario 2 was great.

I think Sicario is better than Sicario 2.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Split. Bit of and old one but a good watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Solo I thought was terrible.
    I can’t stand the lead he’s just not Han Solo . All the charisma of a goldfish possibly less.

Sicario 2 was great.
    I didn't mind Solo, somehow seemed, to me, less cheesy and forced than all the other SW retreads.

Watched "I don't feel at home in this world anymore" and really enjoyed it! And David Yow's in it....

Owl1
    From beyond the grave (Amicus 70's horror)starring Peter Cushing ,Donald Pleasance etc.... pure class.

Master
    The Equalizer 2 last night at the cinema. It's a "more of the same" sequel, so if you enjoyed the first one then you'll enjoy this one.
    The story isn't up to much but Denzel is absolutely at the top of his game, very enjoyable.

Cold War.
    A stunningly beautiful film and ultimately very sad, possibly Pawlikowskis finest film.
    Would be surprised if it doesn’t get nominated for the BFF Oscar.
    Black and white 1.375:1 academy format which is quite unusual.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BvPkDdFeTk8

Just watched The Post tonight, very good film

Venom..... just watched it. Another cracking Marvel film

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Venom..... just watched it. Another cracking Marvel film
    It was utter garbage. I'm not saying I didn't quite enjoy it, but it was so full of plot holes and terrible action scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I think Sicario is better than Sicario 2.

Eddie
    I doubt anyone would disagree, but I was very surprised how good Sicario 2 was. The beginning, with the bombing in the supermarket, was very poor, badly directed and paced. But once they got into the meat of the story it was impossible to not be totally engrossed.

Can anyone explain "Hold the Dark" to me?

If there's a single character in that film whose motivation is understandable, please let me know.

It's on Netflix. By the guy who did Blue Ruin and Green Room (which I think are brilliant).

Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post

If there's a single character in that film whose motivation is understandable, please let me know.

It's on Netflix. By the guy who did Blue Ruin and Green Room (which I think are brilliant).
    Not at all.

I downloaded it and watched it whilst flying yesterday.

I got to the end of the film and was totally underwhelmed, with no redeeming features that I could identify.

Very disappointing.

We've just been to see A Star is Born. Mrs K loved it and had a little cry. I personally prefered the 1976 version.

Craftsman
    Just finished watching The Post and was not expecting much but thoroughly enjoyed it and learned a bit of American history to.

This is being shown across the UK next Tuesday at 18:00h. Looks fascinating. I’ll be going and I suspect members who are interested in WW1 will already know about it.

https://youtu.be/EHYRfukHToc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Not at all.

I downloaded it and watched it whilst flying yesterday.

I got to the end of the film and was totally underwhelmed, with no redeeming features that I could identify.

Very disappointing.
    I’m most of the way through it right now, there’s a reason I’m double screening!
    Not as bad as some film about soldiers being drugged/modified to go to a planet to save the earth I started to watch last night, I never got to the end as it was so dire.

Watched these two recently loved both. Annihilation & In the heart of the sea

Craftsman
    I recently watched Sicario 1 and 2 back to back - quality movies

I also quite enjoyed the latest Mission Impossible for some fun ott action

Master
    Cold War was good. Before watching I thought that a polish subtitled 4:3 black and white movie was going to be a struggle, but it turned out to be beautifully made, with gorgeous photography. It really delivered that romantic feeling of watching and old movie in the way La La Land was supposed to, but in a far more stylish way. Superb music too. A welcome change of pace from the usual vacuous blockbusters. If it doesn't get a 'best foreign film' nomination I'd be surprised.

'The Angel' on Netflix: Very good historical drama on the aftermath of the six day war, also some good 70's motors.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post

The woman (that kills her son) and the soldier that is tracking her are brother and sister, there's a few hints along the way. She killed their child either because he wasn't agreeable or to protect him from their crime - haven't worked that one out.

But yeah, its a weird one

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    The woman (that kills her son) and the soldier that is tracking her are brother and sister, there's a few hints along the way. She killed their child either because he wasn't agreeable or to protect him from their crime - haven't worked that one out.

But yeah, its a weird one

I didn’t pick up that they were siblings. Not a good film though

Master
    I watched 22 July last night. A tough going film based on the killing spree of Brejivik in Norway a few years ago.
    Also watched Entebbe which was very good too. Coincidentally Raid on Entebbe is on tv right now.

The Accountant....

If John Wick worked at KPMG.......

Surprisingly good as it happens, good cast and directed by the guy who gave us Warrior which was a great film.

Plenty of action with good background stories.

Other weekend time killer was Jungle with Daniel Radcliffe

Love or hate him in HP, he is certainly picking a diverse range of movies since the franchise ended. This one is based on an Israeli guy who gets lost in, yes you guessed it, the jungle

Not too bad, fairly standard affair despite being based on a real story but again, pretty watchable on a rainy weekend

The Mrs. and I saw A Star Is Born yesterday with Bradley Cooper and Lady Ga Ga. Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Jpshell View Post
    The Accountant.......
    I thought it was rather dull and unimaginative and therefore aptly titled.

Bad Times at the El Royale.
    Went to see this last night and i thought it was great. Good characters with their storylines nicely interlinked. Maybe it could be argued that it was a touch cliched in parts but that didn't detract from my enjoyment of it.
    The only down side was the incredibly fat bloke sat three rows away who ate popcorn the entire way through the film...I suspect he provided all Cineworld's projected popcorn profits for this month.

Watched Operation Finale on Netflix last night, about the capture of Alfred Eichmann, escaped Nazi involved in the proposed final solution.

Good film, horrible back story obviously. Ben Kinglsey was excellent

Master
    ^^^
    This is next on my list. I'm looking forward to watching it.

22 July, released simultaneously on Netflix and cinema. Paul Greengrass’ take on the Norway massacre in 2011. Mind blowingly good and thought-provoking albeit a tough watch

https://youtu.be/ZVpUZGmHJB8

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Cold War was good. Before watching I thought that a polish subtitled 4:3 black and white movie was going to be a struggle, but it turned out to be beautifully made, with gorgeous photography. It really delivered that romantic feeling of watching and old movie in the way La La Land was supposed to, but in a far more stylish way. Superb music too. A welcome change of pace from the usual vacuous blockbusters. If it doesn't get a 'best foreign film' nomination I'd be surprised.
    We watched it on Saturday; I thought it was excellent. Whilst the theme of a relationship that changes as the two people in it change over time and circumstance isn't novel, it's beautifully filmed with fabulous music. I will be looking out for a soundtrack CD (they could probably get two out of it but the one concentrating on the Polish folk music might be a bit niche).

In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Watched Operation Finale on Netflix last night, about the capture of Alfred Eichmann, escaped Nazi involved in the proposed final solution.

Good film, horrible back story obviously. Ben Kinglsey was excellent
    I watched the Eichmann trial 'live' on TV at the time; no great urge to re-live it.

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Bad Times at the El Royale.
    Went to see this last night and i thought it was great. Good characters with their storylines nicely interlinked. Maybe it could be argued that it was a touch cliched in parts but that didn't detract from my enjoyment of it.
    The only down side was the incredibly fat bloke sat three rows away who ate popcorn the entire way through the film...I suspect he provided all Cineworld's projected popcorn profits for this month.
    Looks like a good pick for tomorrow when our cleaning lady boots me out of the house for the day!

Saw Bad Times At The El Royale today. Not a bad flick...actually pretty entertaining. My only problem was...I'd seen it before, when it was called The Hateful Eight!