closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 141 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,050 of 8057

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Quote Originally Posted by bparker170 View Post
    Boiling point on Netflix with Stephen Graham, shot in one take !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you watch this from start to finish whilst being aware that it was shot in one take, it makes it so much more impressive.

A very clever and well made film, well acted and some extremely relatable characters too - particularly if you are familiar with the hospitality industry!

Master
    Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but all the Bond films are available on Amazon Prime to watch at no extra charge including the latest one. They were put on yesterday and it will for 2 months only apparently. Something to do with Amazon acquiring MGM.

Cheers
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    I quite enjoyed The Adam Project on Netflix. Easy watching, typical Ryan Reynolds formula but ok for that.
    Not quite as good as Free Guy imho though watchable as noted.

Sea of Love. Old Pacino flick - I'm biased because I would probably enjoy anything he did but don't see this one talked about much and I found it a good watch.

The Bombardment (The Shadow in my Eye in other markets) on Netflix.

Based on the true story of Operation Carthage, the attempt to bomb the Gestapo HQ in Aarhus, Denmark. What ensued was an unfortunate catastrophe resulting in the death of 86 children. It's a thought provoking, harrowing and haunting film which will stay with you long after the credits have rolled (unlike 90% of films). Particularly pertinent when considering the plight of innocent Ukrainian civilians, although that's certainly not the result of an accident.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Omegary View Post

Based on the true story of Operation Carthage, the attempt to bomb the Gestapo HQ in Aarhus, Denmark. What ensued was an unfortunate catastrophe resulting in the death of 86 children. It's a thought provoking, harrowing and haunting film which will stay with you long after the credits have rolled (unlike 90% of films). Particularly pertinent when considering the plight of innocent Ukrainian civilians, although that's certainly not the result of an accident.

Gary
    I came to post the same thing, a tragic story and very well done, not surprising it’s not a well known story, very sad.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jneds View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but all the Bond films are available on Amazon Prime to watch at no extra charge including the latest one. They were put on yesterday and it will for 2 months only apparently. Something to do with Amazon acquiring MGM.

Cheers
    Neil

Cheers, watched NTTD last night, very enjoyable.

Not the best acted in the world but a good afternoon film to sit down with the missus, Rescued by Ruby, about a dog that was due to be put down but rescued by a guy looking to get in to the Canadian K9 Unit. True story

Master
    I found Belfast very moving. Maybe it’s due to my mothers parents coming from that part of the world but it seemed very personal.

Being in black and white made it huge difference, in the same way Schindlers List did.

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Yep, I’d agree Boiling point was excellent
    Another big endorsement for 'Boiling Point'. Genuinely shot in one single take!

Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    I found Belfast very moving. Maybe it’s due to my mothers parents coming from that part of the world but it seemed very personal.

Being in black and white made it huge difference, in the same way Schindlers List did.

Me too , without a doubt the best film i have seen this year so far .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Cheers, watched NTTD last night, very enjoyable.
    Just saw No time to die pop up on my Prime screen. Thats one to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegary View Post

Gary
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    I came to post the same thing, a tragic story and very well done, not surprising it’s not a well known story, very sad.
    Good recommendation. Grimly timely.

Master
    Watched “Boiling Point” with Stephen Graham.

Made my glad I’m not a professional chef, if art imitates life.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    When you watch this from start to finish whilst being aware that it was shot in one take, it makes it so much more impressive.

A very clever and well made film, well acted and some extremely relatable characters too - particularly if you are familiar with the hospitality industry!
    Good spot, I liked the last one, managed to see it in cinema which was good.

A fitting end to the Craig era

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Went a bit old skool recently and watched a few films I'd missed in the cinema.

Hot Tub Time Machine - not as dreadful as the title suggests. A nice little time travel comedy about friends putting things right, or not. Planning to watch the sequel ass I clearly have no taste.

500 Days of Summer - a romantic comedy, but not a rom-com, darker and more poignant. The story telling method was a little jarring in the beginning, but stick with it and you get an interesting look at relationships and life.

Rgds

Master
    No secret I have bizarre taste but I watched American Mary last night on Horror. Nasty but quite good.
    Windfall on Netflix, I nearly fast-forward-ed but the last halfhour redeemed it.

Journeyman
    Coyote Ugly - now that is one wild bar!

Anyone watched any good movies recently?

the Batman. Well there’s nearly 3 hours I won’t get back. Never understood the fascination with Battyman oh an what’s with the husky voice. Not for me chaps

Pygmalion. Such a classic, I could watch Leslie Howard any time. The Petrified Forest was good too.

Motherless Brooklyn, very long but Edward Norton is superb!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just watched Persian Lessons - on BBC4 so it should be on iPlayer. A Holocaust film but with an intriguing plot line. Involving and moving.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    the Batman. Well there’s nearly 3 hours I won’t get back. Never understood the fascination with Battyman oh an what’s with the husky voice. Not for me chaps
    This thread is for good movies you enjoyed, there’s another thread for ones you didn’t like! But FWIW I did enjoy Batman. It’s perhaps a long time to sustain one mood, it rarely comes up for air and you don’t get much Bruce Wayne. The soundtrack is mostly two notes, repeated for three hours. But they are two really good notes, and the dark mood is beautifully, seductively shot. It’s a Batman who could plausible come from the same universe as the 2019 Joker film, which is high praise.
    Last edited by Itsguy; 29th April 2022 at 19:45.

Master
    [Quote=Maysie]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Yarrow View Post
    Good spot, I liked the last one, managed to see it in cinema which was good.

A fitting end to the Craig era

/Quote]

Which film was in one take?

Boiling Point.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Best film I have seen this year without doubt was “Nobody”.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Boiling Point.
    Watched that on a flight
    We've all been there where a bad day just builds and builds.

Million dollar baby (2004) on Netflix... Clint acted, directed and produced this movie, great talent!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Master
    Agree with Boiling Point, great movie.

Also just re watched one of the best films ever made - Dune. What a bloody movie!!

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Agree with Boiling Point, great movie.

Also just re watched one of the best films ever made - Dune. What a bloody movie!!

The original? Or the new one? Sorry I shouldn’t need to ask… I’ll get my coat

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Joe bell.

If you have not seen The Lighthouse ( 2019 ) then i would say give it a try. I loved it

Craftsman
    I watched 'Nobody' last night and it was delightful. Best action film I've seen in ages, with cracking fight choreography, a great cast, and some good humour. Highly recommend it! Oh, also it's not got a ridiculous run time like most modern films.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    I watched 'Nobody' last night and it was delightful. Best action film I've seen in ages, with cracking fight choreography, a great cast, and some good humour. Highly recommend it! Oh, also it's not got a ridiculous run time like most modern films.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk
    Bloody brilliant isn't it. Definitely didn't see that actor as Saul Goodman, doing the bus scene and others. Must catch it again on small screen.

Rgds

Journeyman
    [QUOTE=ViperStripes;5984344]
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie

/Quote]

Which film was in one take?
    Boiling Point is touted as shot in a single take.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    The original? Or the new one? Sorry I shouldn’t need to ask… I’ll get my coat

the new Dune was quite interesting in that they didn’t release the image of the emperor instead keeping him and his manipulations just out of view. good version though i did love the first one ,this feels slicker and richer in scenery and detail.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Caught up with Le Mans 66 last night and thought it was a cracking film! No idea why it took us so long to get round to watching it.

'The Rescue,' a documentary about the rescue of the Thai kids football team in 2018. Very good.

Not exactly highbrow though I watched The Wrath Of Man for the second time last night, this time with someone who was new to the film. It's no Oscar winner though it's a 2h entertainer.

I also watched Lost In Translation for the first time in donkey's last week. Quite possibly my all time favourite movie.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pan16520 View Post
    the new Dune was quite interesting in that they didn’t release the image of the emperor instead keeping him and his manipulations just out of view. good version though i did love the first one ,this feels slicker and richer in scenery and detail.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Watched it over the weekend. Just thought it was a bit "meh". Not good or bad. Had to use IMDB synopsis though to get a richer view of what was happening having not read the books.

Master
    [QUOTE=Mr Yarrow;5984989]
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Boiling Point is touted as shot in a single take.

Shot over two days apparently. Imdb quote as follows

Originally there were going to be 8 attempts at filming, twice per evening for four days in March 2020, just as the COVID-19 pandemic was escalating in the UK. After the first day, Stephen Graham and the producers decided it was too dangerous to have so many people together, so filming was cut short to just two days, resulting in only four takes - the third of which was used for the final film.

I watched it the other night, there are a lot of life lessons in there, delegation, weak team, poor mgt. Still a sombre film though

Last night, I discovered that 1408 is on Netflix. It's an interesting horror tale with a good cast (John Cusack, Samuel L Jackson) and worth your time. Some nice scares, but it drags a little in the final third.

Blog Entries
    The other day, for the second time, I watched Official Secrets on Prime. Superb film and a (worryingly) true story.

Also have to agree with the nomination of Nobody. Another in a similar action vein is Copshop.

Journeyman
    currently watching the Deuce. loving it. 70s cars, clothes, music etc

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    the courier with Benedict cumberpatch

Craftsman
    Rewatched Gattaca. Really enjoyed it again. Though strictly it's Sci-Fi, I think my non Sci Fi interested other half would like it. It is just imagining what a little bit in the future would be like and the film is a noirish thriller. Amazing cinematography and soundtrack.

Hunt for the Wilderpeople - a New Zealand adventure comedy starring Sam Neil as a grumpy old man looking after a fat city boy in foster care in the bush whilst being hunted by the authorities due to a series of misunderstandings.

Blood Father is above average. Available on Prime now.

Craftsman
    Apologies if this is the wrong post but has anyone seen the new Top Gun yet?