timefactors watches
Page 88 of 96 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,400 of 4755

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Hostiles

'Hostiles', starring Christian Bale. Just came out at the cinema and it's an excellent Western - but not a typical one. Slow-burn, gritty, moving and intermittently violent drama. Excellent script, acting, cinematography. 8/10 easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    American Made is good entertainment, Tom Cruise actually playing a character and not just playing Tom Cruise. A bit like Wolf of Wall Street meets Narcos. It’s on iTunes now.
    About to watch now. £4.49 on Prime and £5.49 on iTunes for rental. The cheek of Apple!

Craftsman
    Watched Logan Lucky (not to be confused with the wolverine version). Wasn’t expecting much but ended up enjoying it. Would rate it a 7 or 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's after 1 a.m. in San Diego and I'm watching Shaun of the Dead. I never get tired of watching this classic!

Watched Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, brilliant film with some very good acting, great story and comedy.

I've watched a few lately:

Just watch The Darkest Hour. It's a good watch with first class acting. But can't say it'd be a film I would watch again.

Bridge of Spies was a fantastic film, Tom Hanks nailed it again!

Two Guns was a tongue and cheek action comedy that was light hearted and enjoyable to watch.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    I know this is a thread for good movies but I have to talk about Brawl in Cell Block 99...

A few positive mentions of it in here piqued my interest so I watched it. And... well... I thought it was utter poo. I applaud VV for trying to do something different but quite frankly his skills just aren't up to it.

The fight scenes were stilted and wooden, with the fight participants almost seeming to pause in position before their opposite number throws the next badly-choreographed punch. This was held up as a positive by some online review; credit for staying away from the fast cuts most action movies employ. But then this highlighted WHY most action movies employ fast cuts in fight scenes; choreographed fights just don't look realistic, particularly with a guy so inexperienced and awkward as VV. The writing was on the wall 5 minutes in when VV, supposedly a former boxer threw punches at a car like he'd only just discovered he could move his hands in front of him, clearly preferring to leave his big ham shanks straight down by his side like the giant goon he is.

The Red Leaf prison was hilariously bad, particularly given that the previous prison was set in something resembling reality. I know, I know, suspend disbelief for the movies, but the progression of the story was all so choppy and uneven the movie itself was responsible for the lack of suspension of disbelief.

Anyway, I didn't like it.
    Well said. My girlfriend BOUGHT it on DVD for us to watch over the christmas holiday... poop.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Recently watched Fracture with Anthony Hopkins not a new film but came up whilst I was flicking through prime very enjoyable watch

Master
    Drove past here earlier today on the way home from a skiing trip.

Only fitting that I should be settling down at home now with a nice single malt to watch one of my favourite films.

Cheers
    Neil

Master
    Just watched The Man With The Iron Heart. One of a glut of recent films made about the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich in Prague. Excellent film. Based on HHhH and well worth a viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by nick67 View Post
    Watched Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, brilliant film with some very good acting, great story and comedy.
    Top notch, both very dark and funny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Victoria and Abdul, the wife wanted to watch it, I wasn't bothered at all, but i ended up watching every minute of it, it was very good.

Atomic Blonde last night. Excellent so long as you keep in mind that it's adapted from a graphic novel. I'd imagine that without that you'd wonder why Charlize Theron was dressed as she was and why certain fight scenes owed a lot to Kill Bill.

Went to see The Darkest Hour last night. Excellent. And lily james very easy on the eye

Detroit was excellent (and cetainly the events were not one of America's finer moments).

Battle of the Sexes was also quite good.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    If you liked that, watch Dogtooth by the same director. Darker and more bizarre than The Lobster - almost a bit uncomfortable tbh.

I’ve not seen Alps or his latest one, but he’s clearly working on a slightly different wavelength to the rest of us.
    Have just looked up Dogtooth following up your suggestion.
    Immediately realised that I had watched it years a go late at night.
    It made a real impression on me then, ad I still remember every detail vividly. Which is rare for me.
    Hadn't made the connection with The Lobster so thank you very much.
    I will now look up the rest of this director's back catalogue as he certainly seems to have a distinct style. Which is why I enjoy others who plough a slightly different path, such as Werner Herzog or Wes Anderson.

Craftsman
    Took the kids to see Coco yesterday. Best animated movie I've seen in years.

Watched Hounds Of Love last night. Extremely uncomfortable viewing, but I thought it was an excellent film. Based on a true story that has some horrific facts associated with it. The ending is really quite something.

Craftsman
    Watched 'dead man's shoes' last night after a friend recommended it. Typical low cost uk film but enjoyable and worth a watch

'Miss Sloane' a very enjoyable political romp, well worth a view.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by toptime View Post
    Watched 'dead man's shoes' last night after a friend recommended it. Typical low cost uk film but enjoyable and worth a watch
    Love that film not seen it in years

Great film, brought to you by the Matlock Bath Tourist Association.

Watched "GET OUT" last night...

https://youtu.be/DzfpyUB60YY

Very impressed with it. Very tense, albeit not particular plot enriched. But a very good movie nevertheless....

I enjoyed 6 Days the Iranian Embassy siege the other day... i think i probably still prefer Who Dares Wins to be honest but it wasn't a waste of 90 minutes of my life at all

Craftsman
    Recent movies

The red turtle - Enjoyable relatively short animation
    Baby driver - Recommended, enjoyed this more than I thought I would
    Somm: Into the bottle - Excellent film / documentary about wine making. Not recommended for anyone trying to drink less, REALLY makes me want to drink more wine

Journeyman
    'It follows' - a highly recommended horror film with a new twist on what is a very tired genre...

The Water Diviner a bit of a far stretched yarn but...very watchable

Journeyman
    While I think about it - i've been thinking about getting on the Star Wars hype train (having never watched any of the films).

So which order should I watch them in? Release date? Or chronological order?

Quote Originally Posted by gex23 View Post
    While I think about it - i've been thinking about getting on the Star Wars hype train (having never watched any of the films).

So which order should I watch them in? Release date? Or chronological order?
    Neither, machete order for the first 6, so IV, V, II, III, VI, then force awakens and last jedi, Rogue 1 is a stand alone film that can be watched anytime after IV

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/201...viewing-order/

Last edited by Brighty; 15th January 2018 at 13:42.

Master
    three billboards well acted and frances mcdormand must be is oscar nomination territory
    "The film is as dark as they come, a pitch-black, often laceratingly funny look at human nature at its most nasty, brutish and dimwitted"

Master
    "all the money in the world" ok but wait for dvd though christopher plummer steals the show and some great old italian cars

I'm not sure if I'm embarrassed by this or not?! I enjoyed watching Bright on Netflix. Will Smith doing his best character but with Orc and Elves. Strange concept but it worked and the production levels were very high.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Neither, machete order for the first 6, so IV, V, II, III, VI, then force awakens and last jedi, Rogue 1 is a stand alone film that can be watched anytime after IV

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/201...viewing-order/

THANK YOU!

As someone who hasn't seen any Star Wars movie I've often asked people what order I should watch them in. I'm going to try this!

Master
    Scarface e is on ITV4 right now. One of the best films ever. Al Pacino was cast so well in the role of Tony Montana.

Master
    The new Pixar film Coco is excellent. Well told story with lovely images and colour.

Master
    I watched Hacksaw Ridge on Netflix last night. Superb film, I really enjoyed it.

Watched Dunkirk recently too - really struggled with it. Thought it was rather crap to be honest

Pimpernel Smith today
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

Paddington 2 is a great film and thoroughly deserves it's 100% rating on Rottentomatoes.

On Netflix, you can still catch Bone Tomahawk, a truly genre bending western with Kurt Russel. Don't read about it; just watch it.

Kaleidoscope

Just saw this today:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5634088/

With Toby Jones and Anne Reid, pretty good, if unusual taut thriller type film.

The two leads were both as excellent as you would expect and who would have thought Anne Reid could be frightening?

I saw the Darkest Hour at the weekend. What a film!!!

Lucky Logan on Sunday. Very enjoyable.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Hugo, what a cracking watch. I recorded it over Christmas for the kids but we all sat down and watched it on Sunday.

Ben Kingsley and Sacha Baron Cohen were both excellent in it I thought, and Chloe Moretz' British accent had me googling to make sure I had her nationality right (I did, she's American).

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Watched Logan Lucky (not to be confused with the wolverine version). Wasn’t expecting much but ended up enjoying it. Would rate it a 7 or 8

^^^ this! ^^^

Funny to watch. Recommended.

Hugo, what a cracking watch. I recorded it over Christmas for the kids but we all sat down and watched it on Sunday.

Ben Kingsley and Sacha Baron Cohen were both excellent.
    ^^^ another: this ^^^

My first visit to Paris was with my first wife. Must have been the early 80s. The Palais the Chaillot (Place Trocadéro) housed the Musee Henri Langois in the Basement. With the items like they are shown in this movie. Sadly a fire demolished the Musee in 97.

It was great to see all those 'props' reused in Hugo!

Menno
    Last edited by thieuster; 17th January 2018 at 00:10.

Quote Originally Posted by nick67 View Post
    I didn't like it much. Sam Rockwell was very good in it but there weren't a lot of sympathetic characters.

I've just been watching 'Good Time' on Netflix and it is very badly named.

Watched ‘Get Out’ was very cool

Follow Me on: Instagram Twitter

"When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

[QUOTE=sammyl1000;4632998]I'm not sure if I'm embarrassed by this or not?! I enjoyed watching Bright on Netflix. Will Smith doing his best character but with Orc and Elves. Strange concept but it worked and the production levels were very high.

I also really enjoyed watching this. Plenty of action and Will Smith being a similar character to J in the MIB films.

Master
    Watched Baby driver last night and enjoyed it - Mrs lewie was not keen

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Watched Baby driver last night and enjoyed it - Mrs lewie was not keen
    second this, baby driver is a bit quirky and action packed.

[QUOTE=scrog10;4634385]
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyl1000 View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm embarrassed by this or not?! I enjoyed watching Bright on Netflix. Will Smith doing his best character but with Orc and Elves. Strange concept but it worked and the production levels were very high.

I also really enjoyed watching this. Plenty of action and Will Smith being a similar character to J in the MIB films.
    Great movie. Goes serious and funny to dark and detailed

Follow Me on: Instagram Twitter

"When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

Master
    I went to school with the guy that played Anthony in that film (the dead kid with special needs). Toby Kebbell is his name. Weirdly, I swear he had no interest in drama at school because at GCSE level you took either art, drama or music at my school and I sat next to him for two years doing GSCE art.

He's grown up to become a fine actor