closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 103 of 162 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,150 of 8057

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Don't know if it's been mentioned here before, but I watched Let Me In (2010) tonight on cable with Kodi Smit-McPhee and Chloe Grace Moretz. It's a very touching drama of a 12 year-old girl vampire who befriends a boy who is constantly bullied at school. A+
    That’s a good film. Well worth checking out the original Swedish film (called Let The Right One In) which is possibly even better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw Green Book on a plane and really enjoyed it- recommended

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I'm looking forward to Us.
    Well, how do I rate it now that I have seen it? Maybe perplexing?

Not very scary, certainly intriguing and entertaining, if that's the right word, but ultimately somewhat unfulfilling. A young couple outside the screening thought that it was very well made etc, but I'm no judge of that aspect of cinema to be honest.

I followed it up with Captain Marvel, that I found thoroughly enjoyable. I gather that there are a lot of cinematic references in the film, most of which eluded me. I just hope that the older lady who was buying her ticket for her second viewing got most of them, as that's what she was there for.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Well, how do I rate it now that I have seen it? Maybe perplexing?

Not very scary, certainly intriguing and entertaining, if that's the right word, but ultimately somewhat unfulfilling. A young couple outside the screening thought that it was very well made etc, but I'm no judge of that aspect of cinema to be honest.

I thought it (Us) was terrific. Blackly comic, tense, good (if silly) story. Maybe too bluntly allegorical, but there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    I thought it (Us) was terrific. Blackly comic, tense, good (if silly) story. Maybe too bluntly allegorical, but there you go.

I accept that I don't see things the way that many others do. The film gave me several laughs and certainly made me think...hence "perplexing"...so certainly a good film and worth seeing.

Just watched “Gold” on Amazon Prime - enjoyed it.
    McConnahey is a great actor, I think. This, and Dallas Buyers Club, spring to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    Just watched “Gold” on Amazon Prime - enjoyed it.
    McConnahey is a great actor, I think. This, and Dallas Buyers Club, spring to mind.
    Have you seen 'Mud'? That's not a bad film either.

Master
    Watch "Hanna" last night with my daughters, I've seen it before and enjoyed watching it again. The girls really enjoyed it once it got going, it has a bit of a slow(ish) start. Both asked at the end if they made a Hanna2? I have to admit I was surprised they never did. Now I've seen there's a new series on Netflix based on the same, so I'll have to check that out now.

Blog Entries
    The Highwaymen on Netflix with Woody Harrelson and Kevin Kostner. About chasing Bonny and Clyde.

The movie catches the look and fee of True Detective’s first serie. Gritty.

Worth 2 hrs of your life

- - - Updated - - -

The Highwaymen on Netflix with Woody Harrelson and Kevin Kostner. About chasing Bonny and Clyde.

Worth 2 hrs of your life

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post

Worth 2 hrs of your life

Worth 2 hrs of your life
    Totally agree absolutely fantastic. For me Harrelson is the star. Brilliantly filmed, costumes, script and set all superb. Best film I've seen in ages!

Watched this one last night, Derren Nesbitt's return to the big screen (he's 84 now). Not one I would have chosen if I wasn't curious to see what Derren Nesbitt was up to these days. His performance is superb and the film is well-done.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6773126...=nm_flmg_act_1

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman
    I watched the Highwaymen too. Loved it.
    watched Icarus last night. fascinating documentary about doping in cycling and filmed whilst the whole Russian doping scandal blew up

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post

Worth 2 hrs of your life

- - - Updated - - -

Worth 2 hrs of your life
    Cool thanks for the tip this movie showed up on our system yesterday, will give it a look over the weekend with a bit of luck.

Blog Entries
    Watched "The Way" on Prime last night - a film by Emilio Estevez with Martin Sheen in the main role. A gentle and poignant film, which I enjoyed .

Craftsman
    2nd Highwaymen, excellent

Can also highly recommend The Highwaymen

Without any spoilers, it was interesting to see how the public viewed then

Quote Originally Posted by wotsthecrack View Post
    Just watched Free Solo, Alex Honnold climbed El Capitan in Yosemite over 3000 ft no equipment whatsoever. At times I was feeling sick at some of the views down the rock face and the thought of one slip.
    Just a note that this is now available on National Geographic. It’s a stunning film, even if you’re not into rock climbing in any form . There’s also a pre cursor to this called The Dawn Wall , all about a different unclimbed route up El Capitan .

Logan Lucky is decent. It's an Ocean's movie without the ostentatious glam. Story is outlandish, but it's entertaining and nice to see Daniel Craig do something that isn't Bond.

A bit late to the party as I rarely go to the cinema. I watched Bohemian Rhapsody last night. Excellent film and I can understand all the plaudits for Rami Malek. I was at university when Live Aid occurred and recall being at something of a party at a friend's place watching it on TV; Queen blew the place apart.

Steven Seagal's new film "General Commander" is much better than his usual dross.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Really enjoyed Fighting with My Family. My wife hates wrestling, but even she enjoyed it

Brawl in Cell Block 99. Starring Vince Vaughn! Brutal stuff, but very entertaining if you like brutal stuff.

Here's a clip. Warning, brutal stuff:

Blog Entries
    Avengers: Endgame

Went to see it with my 12 year old son. Loved it - really well done and brings closure to the current Avengers storyline.

Journeyman
    Link is dead fella
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Brawl in Cell Block 99. Starring Vince Vaughn! Brutal stuff, but very entertaining if you like brutal stuff.

Here's a clip. Warning, brutal stuff:

Sent from my SM-G975F using TZ-UK mobile app

Just watched ‘Operation Red Sea’ on Netflix, Chinese film about their Navy Seals fighting terrorists, really good, non stop action. Really enjoyed it
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    The Sisters brothers ,really excellent.

The Greasy Strangler,
    Very strange but oddly compelling.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f View Post
    The Sisters brothers ,really excellent.

I also enjoyed that.
    F.T.F.A.

I'm sure we've all seen it thanks to our school days, but one I re-visted recently as it's up on Amazon Prime. Not seen it in probably 30 years...

Kes

What an outstanding piece of filmmaking, and a story for everyone.

Master
    Another vote for Avengers End Game. Superb end to things!

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Watched "The Way" on Prime last night - a film by Emilio Estevez with Martin Sheen in the main role. A gentle and poignant film, which I enjoyed .
    My wife and I watched this tonight - based on your review. We loved it. Superb film. Thank you

Watched La Piscine last night, all the way through for the first time. Not really sure why it has such an important place in French cinema, Delon has certainly done better - especially his work with Jean-Pierre Melville. That Maserati Ghibli tho'

Master
    Blog Entries
    Watched the avengers endgame last night and even though I'm not really into all the superhero stuff it was really watchable and the time flew by.

Seemed to tread a nice line between being a story in its own right and also a love letter to the previous films.

And I know it's expected these days, but the effects were mind blowing!

Cannibal Holocaust. A 1980s Italian movie that got the director charged with obscenity and then murder (for making a snuff film). Charges were dropped when the actors who were supposedly killed on film turned up for a press conference.

Seminal, in that it was an early example of the found footage genre, but gross, in that a number of animals are graphically killed and dismembered on screen. Along with its fair share of nudity and more than one rape scene, I'd suggest not watching it on the train journey home. Or perhaps at all. It's a fairly ham-fisted commentary on exploitative media, in this case journalism, but feels like an exploitative film itself.

Edited: maybe this should have gone in the bad film thread. It straddles the line...

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Avengers:Endgame

Su-bloody-perb.

(Don't bother waiting through the end credits for the usual cut scenes Marvel place in them....there are none)

13 minutes.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman
    Pretty in pink
    Thats a film
    Or forest gump
    God i is so sofistecated

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Wind River, on Netflix. Really enjoyed it. Not too deep, although some between the lines stuff.

Master

Tolkien

Went to see ' Tolkien' ,would rate as quite good and might watch again

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    Wind River, on Netflix. Really enjoyed it. Not too deep, although some between the lines stuff.
    Ha! :)

Cannibal Holocaust. A 1980s Italian movie that got the director charged with obscenity and then murder (for making a snuff film). Charges were dropped when the actors who were supposedly killed on film turned up for a press conference.

Seminal, in that it was an early example of the found footage genre, but gross, in that a number of animals are graphically killed and dismembered on screen. Along with its fair share of nudity and more than one rape scene, I'd suggest not watching it on the train journey home. Or perhaps at all. It's a fairly ham-fisted commentary on exploitative media, in this case journalism, but feels like an exploitative film itself.

Edited: maybe this should have gone in the bad film thread. It straddles the line...
    I saw the remake also, green inferno. Just boring.

A good movie that surprised me has been the shape of water.
    The story is weird yet catching and the actors fascinating and photography is really pleasant to watch.

BUBI 0_0

Journeyman

Lillehammer

just watched the whole series of Lillehammer. Well worth watching.
    the main character is played by Steven van Zandt. He also wrote and directed it and composed the music. Also a founder member of the E street band. That's a lot of talent!

- - - Updated - - -

John Wick - if you like violence and mayhem

American Animals on Prime and Deception on Netflix were both worth a watch.

Master
    Southern Comfort.

Just watched this classic again on Amazon Prime and hadn’t seen it since the mid-80’s. Because of the huge gap between viewings I’d thankfully forgotten most of what happened with the result that much of the action and ending was a surprise.

Peolpe say it’s a bit like Deliverance but to me had a flavour of Predator with soldiers being picked off one by one by an unseen foe. The climactic ending was incredibly tense and satisfying too.

Cheers
    Neil

BlacKkKlansman.

Set in the 1970's and based on the true story of a undercover black cop infiltrating the KKK using a Jewish surrogate.

Kept my attention.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    BlacKkKlansman.

Set in the 1970's and based on the true story of a undercover black cop infiltrating the KKK using a Jewish surrogate.

Kept my attention.
    Great film, loved it in the cinema.

Grimsby

Totally juvenile and very crass; best laugh I’ve had in ages!

I saw Avengers: Endgame today. Believe it or not, this is the FIRST Avengers movie I have ever seen (not a big Marvel fan!). So I wouldn't be completely clueless throughout the film, I went to Wikipedia beforehand and read the detailed plot narrative of the preceding edition, Infinity War.

Although most of the dialogue was not inspired by Shakespeare, I found the movie pretty entertaining, and the drawn-out ending quite satisfying. Overall, a thumbs-up from this old Yank!

Great soundtrack though!

Watched Dead Mans Shoes again yesterday.

Genuinely becoming my all time favourite. Must have watched it at least 5 times. Paddy Considine is fantastic in it.
    Last edited by senwar; 15th May 2019 at 08:34. Reason: Stupid predictive text!