closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 133 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,650 of 8032

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    Dune is going to be my first trip back to the cinema, trailer looks great.
    That's what I thought about the Eddie Stobart movie.

I just watched the wild bill movie, thoroughly recommend. Good British cast, good plot with a not too corny an ending.

Easy viewing thumbs up

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    A Quiet Place pt II

You get a bit more back story and it’s not as dialogue free as the first film. It leads directly on from the moment the first film ended.
    I quite enjoyed it.

Craftsman
    I also watched wild bill great film
    Would also recommend the poetry and potato peel pie society
    A real feel good film

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    That's what I thought about the Eddie Stobart movie.
    Nicely done! Dropped that without a hitch hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by nickyboyo View Post
    I just watched the wild bill movie, thoroughly recommend. Good British cast, good plot with a not too corny an ending.
    I may watch that later on , thanks for the recommendation

Just finished watching 'Saint Maud' on Prime. It's the only film that's managed to bore me then scare me to the point where I had to turn all the lights on. May have to re watch it soon.

Anyone watched any good movies recently?

No, but saw a shit movie at the cinema today: New Order, a dystopian view of a collapsing Mexican society that becomes an ugly mess at the hands of writer/producer/director, Michel Franco.

You've been warned!

I watched this series years ago.
    Just watched it again.
    Ranks up there with the best (in my opinion).
    Sharpe (1993)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Just finished watching 'Saint Maud' on Prime. It's the only film that's managed to bore me then scare me to the point where I had to turn all the lights on. May have to re watch it soon.
    I’m in the utter boredom phase of this. Am only watching further as have not had a film scare me in years. Although a bright sunny day probably isn’t the ambience for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    No doubt been mentioned before but I enjoyed 'Sicario' and 'Sicario: Day of the Soldado'. I thought Emily Blunt, Benecio Del Toro and Josh Brolin were excellent in them.

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I watched Man of Wrath last night, old Jas was awesome along with the rest of the cast. For Guy Ritchie, it was a very pleasant surprise to see him break away from the lock stock and snatch mode.

Very good

I watched Man of Wrath last night, old Jas was awesome along with the rest of the cast. For Guy Ritchie, it was a very pleasant surprise to see him break away from the lock stock and snatch mode.

Very good

I enjoyed it but few bits frustrated me. One bit in particular, why only 2 quad bikes??

Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    I enjoyed it but few bits frustrated me. One bit in particular, why only 2 quad bikes??
    True mate, a few plot holes granted. But all in all, not too shabby a film.

True mate, a few plot holes granted. But all in all, not too shabby a film.

Agreed, do love a bit of Kick Fk action, I also watched wild bill last night as recommended above. Was a good British film. No doubt Low budget, arguably better than Wrath of Man flick. Some classic comedy moments as well.

Master
    Watched Wrath of Man last night. Statham/Richie movie which could have gone either way. Turns out it was very unlike a normal Guy Richie (his are hit or miss for me!) and was really good. Not his usual style at all, felt a little like a Tony Scott type movie. Won’t win any Oscars but very enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    The Invisible Guest with Mario Casas is a must-see. Highly recommend if you are a fan of unexpected endings :) great film!

Couple of classics, very well written, performed and filmed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Master

Very good

I watched it a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was decent but not his best. It did feel like the trailers covered a lot of the good bits.

Master

The Muscles from Brussels is back too

Blog Entries
    'The Kaminsky Method' on Netflix, good cast and hilarious

Enjoy !!

Yesterday

Watched 'Yesterday' last night.
    Not sure if it was good or bad really, usual rom-com stuff with a Danny Boyle/Richard Curtis input and a couple of 'pop star cameos' thrown in for interest.

It was one to watch with the family/wife, decent enough way to spend a couple of hours but probably not one I would personally watch again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post
    'The Kaminsky Method' on Netflix, good cast and hilarious

Enjoy !!
    Yep... BTDT.

tbh I thought S3 wasn't up to S1/2 but it was still very good and some of the best TV I've seen this year.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLion View Post
    Couple of classics, very well written, performed and filmed.

Agreed both are very good, Cool Hand Luke is one of my favourites. I do like Paul Newman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    I watched Argo last night at the cinema, great thriller. Cranston, Arkin, Goodman are great in it as was Affleck. It was political, satirical, humorous and really thrilling. The tension throughout the film is excellent but towards the end it really does build.
    I think this is the first mention of Argo in this thread (from 2012!) and it has since been noted by many others, so I am very late to watch this. But I agree with this original assessment.

I also liked the cinematography (Rodrigo Prieto shooting on film, using zoom lenses and deep colours to emulate the 70s/80s look well) and the direction by Affleck, surely emulating his acknowledged influence Sidney Lumet, whose 70s masterpiece Network is referenced in the script.

Sense and Sensibility - interesting background as Emma Thompson wrote the screenplay over five years (adapted from the Jane Austen novel) with a hand from Stephen Fry (he rescued the nearly lost draft on her computer).

Directed by Ang Lee (Crouching tiger, hidden dragon) this being his first English language movie and maybe not the obvious choice for a 17/18th century period piece.

Quite enjoyable with solid performances, Kate Winslet, Alan Rickman and Emma herself.

Went to the cinema last night for first time in 18 months. Small independent place and about 12 people only in there well spaced out. Saw The Father and the acting is sensational, albeit the topic rather thought provoking especially as my old man passed away earlier this year at 92 having suffered from dementia for the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Watched "Nobody" this eve starring Bob Odenkirk. Done by the same people that do John Wick. What a cracking film of it's type - really enjoyed it. Great choice of music for the soundtrack. Even better it is not stupidly long either.

Kermode love it too
    Last edited by reecie; 20th June 2021 at 22:29.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Watched "Nobody" this eve starring Bob Odenkirk. Done by the same people that do John Wick. What a cracking film of it's type - really enjoyed it. Great choice of music for the soundtrack. Even better it is not stupidly long either.

Kermode love it too
    Really want to see this and like it. The trailer looks great

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Film from my childhood last night, 'Restless Natives' from 1985, or as i used to call in 'The clown and the wolfman'
    It popped into my head yesterday for some reason, quick search on the sky box and there it was. I was amazed at the picture quality, was expecting something very grainy for 1985, but it looked great
    Good soundtrack by Big Country too

F9 (Fast & Furious 9) is #1 in the U.S. right now. Vin Diesel & Co. are up to even bigger tricks in this edition. Full Disclaimer: although a big movie lover, I am also a 73 year-old cynic; hence my review! You should note that as of today, Rotten Tomatoes reports that 83% of more than 5,000 audience reviewers liked F9.

First of all, I love action movies. John Wick, James Bond, Mission Impossible, Atomic Blonde - - love them all!

But F9 goes WAY too far! First, the plot is preposterous, as if the real world and logic have been neutralized. Case in point: two F9 team members are 'launched' into earth orbit in a Pontiac Fiero strapped to a rocket to disable a dastardly satellite. When their 'magnetic' weapon doesn't work, they decide to crash into and destroy the satellite. Later, in the after-party, there are the two guys drinking Coronas without a scratch between them (I'd like to see what their earth re-entry looked like).

Second, the acting is terrible (as is the trite dialog). What do you expect from Vin Diesel and former pro wrestler John Cena. The dialog feels like it was written by a 15 year-old.

Third, there's a bit of a problem with height differentials. Credible sources list Diesel as 5'11.5", and Cena as 6'0.5," which is how they appear in the film (and the trailer below). But, the 20-something flashbacks of them (both as adults), show the young Diesel played by a 6'2" actor, and the young Cena played by a 5'8" actor. So...old Cena is an inch taller than old Diesel, but young man Diesel is 6" TALLER than young man Cena. Holy smokes!

Seriously, I was shaking my head throughout the movie and ALMOST decided to walk out...three times! I'll be interested in reading other reviews.

Blog Entries
    I think I gave up on F&F films around #5.

Not really sure how they managed to keep the franchise going this long and why (quite a lot of) people seem to be hooked on it.

Yes it's an action flick and I love action films but so far removed from any sense of reality, that it might as well be science fiction.

One of my favorite war films.
    Battle for Sevastopol
    Russian woman sniper who amassed 309 kills and became a national hero.
    Beautifully filmed with excellent cast.
    Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by calypso View Post
    One of my favorite war films.
    Battle for Sevastopol
    Russian woman sniper who amassed 309 kills and became a national hero.
    Beautifully filmed with excellent cast.
    Highly recommended.
    No doubt already mentioned, but this film reminded me of Enemy at the Gates

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    SPOILER ALERT - there are spoilers within!

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post

But F9 goes WAY too far! First, the plot is preposterous, as if the real world and logic have been neutralized. Case in point: two F9 team members are 'launched' into earth orbit in a Pontiac Fiero strapped to a rocket to disable a dastardly satellite. When their 'magnetic' weapon doesn't work, they decide to crash into and destroy the satellite. Later, in the after-party, there are the two guys drinking Coronas without a scratch between them

Second, the acting is terrible (as is the trite dialog).....
    I like the F&F franchise. Yes it’s brainless stuff,and yes the acting is always terrible,but I find them generally diverting. I have to say the earlier ones where they were basically very naughty street racers were much more enjoyable. It’s certainly been a huge jump from street racing to global super spies.

F&F9 is probably the worst of them all though. They’ve magically resurrected Han with some fairly weak ‘explanation’,they’ve gone through all the old cast lists and given them random appearances. How the hell did that Good Ol’ Boy from Tokyo Drift suddenly become a rocket car geek? The whole Pontiac into space bit was total and under rubbish....even for F&F that was pushing the boundaries of utter nonsense. And when did Brian’s missus suddenly become some sort of kick ass capable of taking on trained mercenaries in hand to hand fighting?

Would I recommend anyone going to the cinema to see it? Only if you have a young son whom desperately wants to watch it,otherwise wait for it to appear on Sky.

We have been watching a series of British movies on Netflix starring Bill Nighy as MI5 agent Johnny Worricker. Easy to watch and engaging. Turks & Caicos, Page Eight, Salting the Battlefield. Derfinitely recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    We have been watching a series of British movies on Netflix starring Bill Nighy as MI5 agent Johnny Worricker. Easy to watch and engaging. Turks & Caicos, Page Eight, Salting the Battlefield. Derfinitely recommended.
    One of my all time favorite mini series. They have to be watched in order.

One of my all time favorite mini series. They have to be watched in order.
    Is the correct order as listed above?

Is the correct order as listed above?

1. Page Eight
    2. Turks and Caicos
    3. Salting the Battlefield.

Awesome, thank you

1. Page Eight
    2. Turks and Caicos
    3. Salting the Battlefield.
    Yes I just wrote it wrong lol.

I watched 'Last Picture Show again', Peter Bogdanovich 1971.

A favourite, but hadn't seen it for a long time. Stands up well after 50 years.

First or very early appearances for Jeff Bridges, Cybill Shepherd, Randy Quaid, Sam Bottoms, Tim Bottoms.

Took the boy and his mate to watch F&F9 last weekend , absolute bilge, but the kids loved it, which says it all really. ( as alluded to by Village above)
    Cheers..
    Jase

Revisited ‘Heat’ the other day, I couldn’t believe how young Pacino and DeNiro and Kilmer looked, then realised it was out 25 years ago. Mental. Great film though.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Revisited ‘Heat’ the other day, I couldn’t believe how young Pacino and DeNiro and Kilmer looked, then realised it was out 25 years ago. Mental. Great film though.

When people in their mid-fifties look young...

Saw A Quiet Place 2 yesterday at the cinema. Very intense! I really enjoyed it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Saw A Quiet Place 2 yesterday at the cinema. Very intense! I really enjoyed it.

We’ve been meaning to go and see that, if it’s half as good as the original it will be excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    We’ve been meaning to go and see that, if it’s half as good as the original it will be excellent.
    Was nearly as good. Didn't have any of the really wrenching scenes such as the bathtub scene or the tread on nail scene from the 1st film but it did outline the story a lot more about the origin of the monsters and was a cracking follow up

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Was nearly as good. Didn't have any of the really wrenching scenes such as the bathtub scene or the tread on nail scene from the 1st film but it did outline the story a lot more about the origin of the monsters and was a cracking follow up

Thanks Ryan, I’ll drag the wife along this week sometime although we may have to rewatch the original first!

The Tomorrow War (on Amazon): surprisingly watchable
    Together on BBC iPlayer (ok not really a film): Excellent, very pertinent and superbly acted
    Fatherhood: the usual feel-good easy watch.