closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 88 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,400 of 8032

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Master
    Just watched the Hitmans Bodyguard with Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L Jackson. brilliant roller coaster of a movie. good fun

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Finally got round to watching Gardians of the galaxy 2. Enjoyed it

Just watched fast and furious 8. We loved it

I watched 'Guns of Navarone' last night - for the nth time and still enjoyed it. Great war film from1961. Now THOSE were movies stars - Gregory Peck, David Niven, Anthony Quinn, etc.

Master
    John Wick and both of the Jack Reacher films were good.

John Wick 2 not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Just watched fast and furious 8. We loved it
    To be fair that was good. A massive improvement on 7!

Watched 'Logan' last night. A bit messy plotwise in some places but not too bad. Sad ending, but I won't spoiler it.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Watched 'Logan' last night. A bit messy plotwise in some places but not too bad. Sad ending, but I won't spoiler it.
    Snap, I watched it last night as well.
    Have pretty much the same thoughts as you.
    Ending wise have to say I was disappointed that they did that.

Also watched Logan last night. I'm not a fan of X-Men / superhero movies but I thought it was really quite excellent. Great performance from Jackman, I felt the characters were all nicely padded out (but I suppose X-Men fans will know that anyway) and the story was good.

A good 2 hours of brain-out action, can't knock it.

Looking forward to Bladerunner 2049, anyone else seen it, got high hopes.

Mother.

Mulholland Drive - one of the films I watch once a year without fail, incredibly haunting and sad... not that I had worked out the film properly until the third watch.

Getty

Just the film about JPG
    I enjoyed it
    Worth a look - based on true story etc

Master
    Logan was one of my favourites for 2017, superb film!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw 'Molly's Game' last night. A slick, well-acted film about an ex-Olympic skier who ends up running high-stakes poker in LA and NY. Anyone who likes good-looking women and/or poker will definitely enjoy this.

A solid 7 or 8 out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Looking forward to Bladerunner 2049, anyone else seen it, got high hopes.
    There's a whole thread on it.
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...tain-spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Thanks for the heads up but I’m not going to read it as I don’t want to ruin the film by reading spoilers.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Just got round to watching Hacksaw Ridge after seeing the first 20mins over someones shoulder on a flight a few weeks back. Great film, and (to me) portrayed how horrific those battles were. Worth a watch.

I know this is a thread for good movies but I have to talk about Brawl in Cell Block 99...

A few positive mentions of it in here piqued my interest so I watched it. And... well... I thought it was utter poo. I applaud VV for trying to do something different but quite frankly his skills just aren't up to it.

The fight scenes were stilted and wooden, with the fight participants almost seeming to pause in position before their opposite number throws the next badly-choreographed punch. This was held up as a positive by some online review; credit for staying away from the fast cuts most action movies employ. But then this highlighted WHY most action movies employ fast cuts in fight scenes; choreographed fights just don't look realistic, particularly with a guy so inexperienced and awkward as VV. The writing was on the wall 5 minutes in when VV, supposedly a former boxer threw punches at a car like he'd only just discovered he could move his hands in front of him, clearly preferring to leave his big ham shanks straight down by his side like the giant goon he is.

The Red Leaf prison was hilariously bad, particularly given that the previous prison was set in something resembling reality. I know, I know, suspend disbelief for the movies, but the progression of the story was all so choppy and uneven the movie itself was responsible for the lack of suspension of disbelief.

Anyway, I didn't like it.

Craftsman
    Film I enjoyed the most recently by far and away was: The Lobster.
    Not sure the dark and abstract humour in it will tickle everybody but I found it rivetting and absolutely hilarious. Thoroughly loved the whole tone of the thing.

Master
    American Made is good entertainment, Tom Cruise actually playing a character and not just playing Tom Cruise. A bit like Wolf of Wall Street meets Narcos. It’s on iTunes now.

Just saw "I, Tonya" with my middle son. It was excellent! Even better if you lived through the time period.

Just watched Jungle with Daniel Radcliffe - based on an amazing true story.
    Really impressed with Radcliffe's performance.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moses View Post
    Film I enjoyed the most recently by far and away was: The Lobster.
    Not sure the dark and abstract humour in it will tickle everybody but I found it rivetting and absolutely hilarious. Thoroughly loved the whole tone of the thing.
    If you liked that, watch Dogtooth by the same director. Darker and more bizarre than The Lobster - almost a bit uncomfortable tbh.

I’ve not seen Alps or his latest one, but he’s clearly working on a slightly different wavelength to the rest of us.

Hostiles

'Hostiles', starring Christian Bale. Just came out at the cinema and it's an excellent Western - but not a typical one. Slow-burn, gritty, moving and intermittently violent drama. Excellent script, acting, cinematography. 8/10 easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    American Made is good entertainment, Tom Cruise actually playing a character and not just playing Tom Cruise. A bit like Wolf of Wall Street meets Narcos. It’s on iTunes now.
    About to watch now. £4.49 on Prime and £5.49 on iTunes for rental. The cheek of Apple!

Craftsman
    Watched Logan Lucky (not to be confused with the wolverine version). Wasn’t expecting much but ended up enjoying it. Would rate it a 7 or 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's after 1 a.m. in San Diego and I'm watching Shaun of the Dead. I never get tired of watching this classic!

Watched Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, brilliant film with some very good acting, great story and comedy.

I've watched a few lately:

Just watch The Darkest Hour. It's a good watch with first class acting. But can't say it'd be a film I would watch again.

Bridge of Spies was a fantastic film, Tom Hanks nailed it again!

Two Guns was a tongue and cheek action comedy that was light hearted and enjoyable to watch.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    I know this is a thread for good movies but I have to talk about Brawl in Cell Block 99...

A few positive mentions of it in here piqued my interest so I watched it. And... well... I thought it was utter poo. I applaud VV for trying to do something different but quite frankly his skills just aren't up to it.

The fight scenes were stilted and wooden, with the fight participants almost seeming to pause in position before their opposite number throws the next badly-choreographed punch. This was held up as a positive by some online review; credit for staying away from the fast cuts most action movies employ. But then this highlighted WHY most action movies employ fast cuts in fight scenes; choreographed fights just don't look realistic, particularly with a guy so inexperienced and awkward as VV. The writing was on the wall 5 minutes in when VV, supposedly a former boxer threw punches at a car like he'd only just discovered he could move his hands in front of him, clearly preferring to leave his big ham shanks straight down by his side like the giant goon he is.

The Red Leaf prison was hilariously bad, particularly given that the previous prison was set in something resembling reality. I know, I know, suspend disbelief for the movies, but the progression of the story was all so choppy and uneven the movie itself was responsible for the lack of suspension of disbelief.

Anyway, I didn't like it.
    Well said. My girlfriend BOUGHT it on DVD for us to watch over the christmas holiday... poop.

Master
    Recently watched Fracture with Anthony Hopkins not a new film but came up whilst I was flicking through prime very enjoyable watch

Master
    Drove past here earlier today on the way home from a skiing trip.

Only fitting that I should be settling down at home now with a nice single malt to watch one of my favourite films.

Cheers
    Neil

Master
    Just watched The Man With The Iron Heart. One of a glut of recent films made about the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich in Prague. Excellent film. Based on HHhH and well worth a viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by nick67 View Post
    Watched Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, brilliant film with some very good acting, great story and comedy.
    Top notch, both very dark and funny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Victoria and Abdul, the wife wanted to watch it, I wasn't bothered at all, but i ended up watching every minute of it, it was very good.

Atomic Blonde last night. Excellent so long as you keep in mind that it's adapted from a graphic novel. I'd imagine that without that you'd wonder why Charlize Theron was dressed as she was and why certain fight scenes owed a lot to Kill Bill.

Went to see The Darkest Hour last night. Excellent. And lily james very easy on the eye

Detroit was excellent (and cetainly the events were not one of America's finer moments).

Battle of the Sexes was also quite good.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    If you liked that, watch Dogtooth by the same director. Darker and more bizarre than The Lobster - almost a bit uncomfortable tbh.

I’ve not seen Alps or his latest one, but he’s clearly working on a slightly different wavelength to the rest of us.
    Have just looked up Dogtooth following up your suggestion.
    Immediately realised that I had watched it years a go late at night.
    It made a real impression on me then, ad I still remember every detail vividly. Which is rare for me.
    Hadn't made the connection with The Lobster so thank you very much.
    I will now look up the rest of this director's back catalogue as he certainly seems to have a distinct style. Which is why I enjoy others who plough a slightly different path, such as Werner Herzog or Wes Anderson.

Craftsman
    Took the kids to see Coco yesterday. Best animated movie I've seen in years.

Watched Hounds Of Love last night. Extremely uncomfortable viewing, but I thought it was an excellent film. Based on a true story that has some horrific facts associated with it. The ending is really quite something.

Craftsman
    Watched 'dead man's shoes' last night after a friend recommended it. Typical low cost uk film but enjoyable and worth a watch

'Miss Sloane' a very enjoyable political romp, well worth a view.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by toptime View Post
    Watched 'dead man's shoes' last night after a friend recommended it. Typical low cost uk film but enjoyable and worth a watch
    Love that film not seen it in years

Quote Originally Posted by toptime View Post
    Great film, brought to you by the Matlock Bath Tourist Association.

Watched "GET OUT" last night...

https://youtu.be/DzfpyUB60YY

Very impressed with it. Very tense, albeit not particular plot enriched. But a very good movie nevertheless....

I enjoyed 6 Days the Iranian Embassy siege the other day... i think i probably still prefer Who Dares Wins to be honest but it wasn't a waste of 90 minutes of my life at all

Master
    Recent movies

The red turtle - Enjoyable relatively short animation
    Baby driver - Recommended, enjoyed this more than I thought I would
    Somm: Into the bottle - Excellent film / documentary about wine making. Not recommended for anyone trying to drink less, REALLY makes me want to drink more wine

Journeyman
    'It follows' - a highly recommended horror film with a new twist on what is a very tired genre...