closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 147 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,350 of 8032

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Definitely don’t want a all gold watch, gold bits and or a leather strap is what I was thinking (or no gold at all…)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is that available on Netflix?

Sitting down to watch All Quiet on the Western Front (the remake) on Netflix this evening... I heard it was great and it looks like it got very high scores. I will report back!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Adge View Post
    Sitting down to watch All Quiet on the Western Front (the remake) on Netflix this evening... I heard it was great and it looks like it got very high scores. I will report back!
    We watched this last night, bit of a tough watch at times just because of the topic it's covering, but very very good, it deserves the high rating

Also if anyone wants a light heated watch the new Nicolas Cage film The Unbearable Weight of Massive Tallent is a great watch! Like most people I love the old classics con air, face off, the rock etc, but his performance in this comedy is great

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I’ve just watched one of the worst films I’ve come across in a while called “The Brothers Grimsby’ on Netflix and yet I was glued to it at the same time. Anything that has Sasha Baron Cohen in it is edge of the seat cringeworthy at the best of times and yet I found myself chuckling at some of the rather disgusting scenes and unable to look away despite wanting to !!!

Craftsman
    As mentioned above The Unbearable Weight of Massive Tallent was a pretty decent movie

Another noteworthy one I watched recently is The Outfit with Mark Rylance

Journeyman
    Bullet train also a decent watch, has the slight feel of snatch / lock stock style humour and Brad Pitt's excellent in it

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Rattling through the old Rathbone/Bruce Sherlock films for the umpteenth time. Bloody love them!

Craftsman
    The Ronaldo documentary on iPlayer is absolutely brilliant. What a wonderful story, the phenomenon indeed.

Highly recommend!

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Glass Onion is great fun, the Musk allusions are very thinly veiled.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Just watched the Guy Ritchie film The Gentlemen on Netflix.

Definitely worth a watch, but not as slick or as fun as Snatch, Lock Stock etc. Also the dialogue is a bit forced and generally a bit tired. I found the acting excellent though, Hugh Grant in particular and that’s not something you’d have written around the time Lock Stock came out!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandiloquence View Post
    Rattling through the old Rathbone/Bruce Sherlock films for the umpteenth time. Bloody love them!
    I've watched them every 5 years or so for the past 35 years. So atmospheric and entertaining. Brilliant casting - v creepy characters.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    I've watched them every 5 years or so for the past 35 years. So atmospheric and entertaining. Brilliant casting - v creepy characters.

They're great, aren't they? The production notes on the DVD boxset are worth reading too if you haven't already.

On a different note, just watched Grand Prix and Le Mans back-to-back. Really enjoyable.

I can warmly recommend Talking About Trees - a documentary about the escapades of the elderly gentlemen of the Sudanese Film Club.

https://mubi.com/films/talking-about-trees
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Got around to watching The Courier this evening (one of the two Americans in the first scene of the film was a neighbour of ours as a child).

I really enjoyed it, tense and exciting, but not in a Marvel/F&F way.

Good performance by Cumberbatch as the title character.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

We went with the kids and grand kids to see it, a nice night out and the film was fun :)

Violent Night

An elite team of mercenaries breaks into a family compound on Christmas Eve, taking everyone hostage inside. However, they aren't prepared for a surprise combatant: Santa Claus is on the grounds, and he's about to show why this Nick is no saint.

Master
    My Neighbour Adolf - quite a good 95 mins. Some comedic overtones, well acted and almost leaves you wondering.

Journeyman

Violent Night...hohoho

Just got back from the cinema and seeing Violent Night.

If you like action with bone crunching and blood spatter, then this is for you.

A rich family are held hostage at Crimbo and Santa ends up fcuking up bad peoples shizzle in hilarious ways!

Recommend it, but be sure it deserves the 15 rating, if not an 18.

Rgds

OK, it's not out yet, though seeing as we don't have a thread for upcoming films I'm going to leave this trailer here. It's absolutely NSFW by the way, and the film title is Cocaine Bear.

Yes, you read that correctly.

It's either going to be garbage or genius!

https://youtu.be/FS3WB6xI8mI

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    OK, it's not out yet, though seeing as we don't have a thread for upcoming films I'm going to leave this trailer here. It's absolutely NSFW by the way, and the film title is Cocaine Bear.

Yes, you read that correctly.

It's either going to be garbage or genius!

https://youtu.be/FS3WB6xI8mI

Could be amazing!

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...thing-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Well that's sold it to me!

Craftsman
    The Outfit on Sky Movies/Now is great: it's more like a play in the way it's set up (it's set in a shop and never ventures outside), but it has an amazing performance by Mark Rylance that just keeps you glued to the screen. It's also the directorial debut of the writer of The Imitation Game. I loved it, but if you want car chases and effects heavy set pieces it's maybe not for you.

Journeyman
    I've watched 'The Gentlemen' a good few times now, epic film (on netflix now too).

Quote Originally Posted by Hartyuk View Post
    I've watched 'The Gentlemen' a good few times now, epic film (on netflix now too).
    A modern classic for sure!

The Menu and Bullet Train were very good.

Troll on Netflix is the biggest pile of dog-egg this side of Sharknado. One of those movies I couldn't stop watching, but it's bad.

Mrs. PC and I saw Steven Spielberg's "The Fabermans" yesterday. My wife found it somewhat boring, but I enjoyed it a lot. I admit that Spielberg was a bit self-indulgent in extending the run time to 2-1/2 hours...could have been 30 minutes shorter. Of course, the movie is a fictionalized autobiography of Spielberg's childhood. If you go, I'm 90% sure you will enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Troll on Netflix is the biggest pile of dog-egg this side of Sharknado. One of those movies I couldn't stop watching, but it's bad.
    Agreed. the wife and I kopped for that last Saturday night and it was pretty ludicrous (and like you, we watched it 'til the end).
    Who the hell wasted money making that......it was a 2022 release hahaha

The Martian....Great movie, watched it again after having read the book.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Master
    Weird - Tha Al Yankovic Story. Really enjoyed this tongue in cheek jaunt. The truth was stretched mercilessly but made for a good comedy on a Sunday afternoon.

Finally got around to watching Blade Runner 2049, very good but very long.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

The Quick And The Dead is on Netflix - great cast, great direction. Good cheesy fun!

Master
    Guillermo del Torro's Pinocchio. Animation so beautifully made and typical of del Torro's style.
    A wonderful story, wonderfully told and brought a tear to the eye at the end.
    Definitely and wholeheartedly recommended for all ages.

Gundam Narrative and Sleepy Hollow tonight. Enjoyed them both.

Master
    David O. Russell’s Amsterdam, a wonderful film a touch of melancholy, a lot of dry wry humour & a tremendous ensemble cast, I really enjoyed it. Streaming on Disney +.

Craftsman
    Watched The Phantom of the open last night. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1257204..._=nv_sr_srsg_3

What a lovely film / story. I had never heard of Maurice Flitcroft, but it was heart warming. (I must be getting soft in my old age).

Craftsman
    Just watched The Big Short again. I've seen it many times, one of the greatest films ever made in my opinion.

As powerful, funny, and depressing as it always is - quite something to watch with the current global climate. A masterpiece.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Avatar 2. Loved it. Hated it. It was exciting. It was boring.

Very confusing film that I think I liked but was kind of a James Cameron greatest hits

Watched ‘The Menu’ last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Avatar 2. Fabulous CGI but too long for my bladder. I also feel a little dissatisfied when a story line obviously tees up another sequel.

Blog Entries
    Operation Mincemeat. Deceiving the Nazis in 1943 about the upcoming invasion of Sicily.

A slow-moving movie, but the story is well-explained. The knowledge that this far-fetched plan really worked makes an interesting movie. (Just over 2 hrs long).

Blog Entries
    Watched. https://www.channel4.com/programmes/mulholland-drive?

Mulholland Dr. Last night.

Surreal look at the underbelly of Hollywood. David Lynch at his best. I may have to watch it a couple of more times though. Well worth watching.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Watched The Enforcer starring Humphrey Bogart. An absorbing noir told in flashback after a mob witness dies. 8/10.

Watched The Enforcer starring Humphrey Bogart. An absorbing noir told in flashback after a mob witness dies. 8/10.

Love a bit of Humph. To Have and Have Not, The Big Sleep, The Maltese Falcon and The Petrified Forest (one of his earlier parts, starring the equally brilliant Leslie Howard) are my personal favourites.

I watched another old favourite last night: School for Scoundrels.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandiloquence View Post
    Love a bit of Humph. To Have and Have Not, The Big Sleep, The Maltese Falcon and The Petrified Forest (one of his earlier parts, starring the equally brilliant Leslie Howard) are my personal favourites.

I watched another old favourite last night: School for Scoundrels.
    One of my favourites. Watching Ian Carmichael's revenge on the car salesmen and Terry Thomas is a joy.

If you like School for Scoundrels then I would recommend, if you haven't seen it, The Fast Lady - Leslie Philips, Stanley Baxter and the breathtakingly lovely Julie Christie. Also has James Robertson Justice as, naturally, the disapproving father.

JRJ had an incredible life - Marlborough-educated, PhD, journalist (working alongside Ian Fleming), volunteered to fight with the Republicans during the Spanish Civil War, served in the Royal Navy, was proficient in 10 languages, ice-hockey player (in goal), racing driver, expert falconer... the list goes on.

One of my favourites. Watching Ian Carmichael's revenge on the car salesmen and Terry Thomas is a joy.

Also one of my favorite films Terry Thomas is so good in all of his appearances. This has made me want to watch Monty Carlo or Bust again

If you get the chance read Graham Mcann's biography of him its called -appropriately- 'Bounder'

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    If you like School for Scoundrels then I would recommend, if you haven't seen it, The Fast Lady - Leslie Philips, Stanley Baxter and the breathtakingly lovely Julie Christie. Also has James Robertson Justice as, naturally, the disapproving father.

JRJ had an incredible life - Marlborough-educated, PhD, journalist (working alongside Ian Fleming), volunteered to fight with the Republicans during the Spanish Civil War, served in the Royal Navy, was proficient in 10 languages, ice-hockey player (in goal), racing driver, expert falconer... the list goes on.
    Not seen that. On my watch list now, thanks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    Also one of my favorite films Terry Thomas is so good in all of his appearances. This has made me want to watch Monty Carlo or Bust again

If you get the chance read Graham Mcann's biography of him its called -appropriately- 'Bounder'
    Thanks, added to Amazon wish list. :-)

Watched The Equalizer 2 from 2018 starring Denzel Washington

I thought it was good and apparently there's a '3' coming out in 2023, so that's something to look forward to

Q? Does Denzel Washington make a bad film? I can't think of any

John

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    Watched The Equalizer 2 from 2018 starring Denzel Washington

I thought it was good and apparently there's a '3' coming out in 2023, so that's something to look forward to

Q? Does Denzel Washington make a bad film? I can't think of any

John
    The Little Things wasn’t so good, he does have plenty of other ones to compensate for that though imo

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Not seen that. On my watch list now, thanks.
    I forgot to mention, the 'fast lady' in question is a 1927 Bentley 4 1/2. There are also guest appearances from Graham Hill and John Surtees.