closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 108 of 161 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,400 of 8032

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    The twins' roles are both played by Tom Hardy.
    The exact reason i couldn't watch it. Is it any better than the 90's version with the Kemp brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by studly View Post
    The exact reason i couldn't watch it. Is it any better than the 90's version with the Kemp brothers?
    I'd say he does a convincing portrayal of two different characters.

Blog Entries
    Yes. He does a great job. So did the make-up department; small details make a huge and convincing difference. As if you're watching real twins.

M

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    The new Terminator film was pretty good I thought.... enough explosions to drown out the heavy breathing of the big,fat,sweaty guy sat next to me working his way through several families worth of popcorn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    I'd say he does a convincing portrayal of two different characters.
    I saw it a few years ago and seem to recall it being so-so overall, but well worth watching for the performance.

Sure it's been out for a while in the common knowledge, but Vice. With Christian Bale, watched it last night. It's brilliant, I am sure it's been embellished somewhat but i enjoyed it.

Finally watched Green Book - brilliantly acted and definitely recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Finally watched Green Book - brilliantly acted and definitely recommended.
    Great movie.

Craftsman
    The Red Sea Diving Resort. A thumbs up from me.

Blog Entries
    Both Green Book and Vice are great movies. Red Sea... is still on the list.

It’s a old one, but watched Babel for the first time the other day, Brad Pitt is in it, not a very uplifting film but very clever in that there are 4 separate storylines going on over the world that are connected in a way that emerges over the course of the film. Really enjoyed it.
    Cheers..
    Jase

We watched 'Shot Caller' with the Jame character from GOT (whatever his unpronounceable real name is) and was surprised to to find it quite good.

Craftsman
    Watched Can You Ever Forgive Me? with Melissa McCarthy and Richard E. Grant and really enjoyed it. It's a sweet movie with an uncomplicated script which is very will acted by McCarthy and Grant. It's a very interesting story too, had never heard of it before watching the movie.

TRAPPED

Basically Cast Away in a new build block of flats in Mumbai; a simple concept but well done

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    The new Terminator film was pretty good I thought.... enough explosions to drown out the heavy breathing of the big,fat,sweaty guy sat next to me working his way through several families worth of popcorn.

Sorry. It’s my glands....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    It’s a old one, but watched Babel for the first time the other day, Brad Pitt is in it, not a very uplifting film but very clever in that there are 4 separate storylines going on over the world that are connected in a way that emerges over the course of the film. Really enjoyed it.
    Yes very clever story telling. Although the story itself is rather sad, like you said.

Menno

Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Probably already been said but Stan and Ollie was great watch although quite sad

Blog Entries
    Very much enjoyed this last night

Some genuine LOL moments.

z

^ I agree, great fun, I didn’t realise it was a true story until the end.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Very much enjoyed this last night

Some genuine LOL moments.

z
    Great start, dropped off in the middle and then brilliant at the end.......

It’s a yes from me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnie3585 View Post
    Watched Can You Ever Forgive Me? with Melissa McCarthy and Richard E. Grant and really enjoyed it. It's a sweet movie with an uncomplicated script which is very will acted by McCarthy and Grant. It's a very interesting story too, had never heard of it before watching the movie.
    I watched the trailer and it's looking good - especially with the story behind it!

M

Laundromat - Is very well acted, a bit tongue and cheek but hell of an eye opener.

Green book and Dolemite on Netflix are both excellent, good to see Eddie Murphy produce the goods... been a while.

This is a great thread but can people try to remember to state what platform the movie in on eg netflix, prime, etc

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Agree with everyone else saying this is worth watching. Great to see Eddie Murphy back, plus a load of great cameos. Chris Rock was excellent, in particular.

Having first watched this on Netflix, if you also have Prime, do a search for Dolemite to watch the original(s). I think they might have them all included for free. I'm partway through the first one and am really enjoying seeing the scenes that were recreated in the Eddie Murphy version. It's amazing the little details that they got spot-on.

I had to pause it and go to bed, but so far it's not at all as bad as you might have been led to believe. Although, I do occasionally watch "B-Movie TV" on Roku and have also seen "Plan 9 from Outer Space" and "The Room", so I might be somewhat desensitised to extremely bad acting. I still definitely recommend checking it out if you have both Netflix and Prime.

I had no idea about the history of this before, and without wanting to give too much away to anyone else in the same boat, it's really amazing how important Dolemite actually was, considering that I'm probably not alone in never having head of it before.

Another vote for Legend. Tom Hardy was outstanding!

Saw TERMINATOR: Dark Fate today. It was actually a sequel to 1991's T2, reuniting James Cameron, Linda Hamilton, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. I thought the script was very solid, the acting was strong, and the action/CG was top notch. If you're a "Terminator" fan, you definitely won't be disappointed with this installment (probably the finale).

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Decent movie. Would recommend Amores Perros from the same director if you haven't seen it, quite a different movie but similar in terms of multiple story lines.

Amores Perros
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245712/

Rewatched the "skin I live in" and "sleep tight" recently, still very enjoyable and very dark.

Also rewatched "carlitos way" and "heat" and still thoroughly enjoyed both.

The Black Windmill: a mid-70s Michael Caine flick in which he's being an 'ard baaarstard, on the trail of his kidnapped son.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Decent movie. Would recommend Amores Perros from the same director if you haven't seen it, quite a different movie but similar in terms of multiple story lines.

Amores Perros
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245712/
    Thank you, Ill look it up.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    A true story told by Tim Burton, superb!

THE SPY GONE NORTH

True tale of Korean political games in the 1990s involving, well, the title! Absolutely splendid.

On BBC iPlayer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...spy-gone-north

Apprentice

MORTAL KOMBAT

Playing the MORTAL KOMBAT X on Apknite and also watching the Mortal Kombat movie. It a good adaptation of the game. It's not a great movie inherently, but as a game adaptation, it's pretty solid.

THE LUNCHBOX

2013 Indian drama (with some very funny moments); just a wonderful, sweet film about life.

Was hidden away on BBC4

These two gems are just hitting the States now...will see them next week:

Glad I found this thread, seems focus is on tv shows lately. Having read the last few pages I added a few to my watch list and seem to agree on most suggested movies so far.
    Haven't seen many new movies I would recommend, some oldies that may have been mentioned already at some point in time
    -Whiplash, intense story
    -Sideways, great comedy from 2004. Just discussed with friends how great it was
    -Intouchables, surely mentioned here before (2011 movie)

Craftsman
    The Game Changers on Netflix. Food for thought (sic). Well put together, though a little bit preachy. Very surprised by the number of adherents.

Master
    The King on Netflix. One of the better films I have seen this year, brilliantly mate, superb acting and obviously a great story!

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    The King on Netflix. One of the better films I have seen this year, brilliantly mate, superb acting and obviously a great story!
    I watched it after seeing a lot of similar comments online, but thought it was pants. Boring, derivative, cartoonish, hamfisted acting by out-of-place Robert Pattinson in particular, historically inaccurate and trying too hard to be an English "Braveheart" with none of the originality or passion. Aside from a few decent jokes, the only good part was the big battle scene, although that was ripped off from Game of Thrones. Pretty disappointed with it and felt like I'd wasted a couple of hours with very little to redeem it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    I watched it after seeing a lot of similar comments online, but thought it was pants. Boring, derivative, cartoonish, hamfisted acting by out-of-place Robert Pattinson in particular, historically inaccurate and trying too hard to be an English "Braveheart" with none of the originality or passion. Aside from a few decent jokes, the only good part was the big battle scene, although that was ripped off from Game of Thrones. Pretty disappointed with it and felt like I'd wasted a couple of hours with very little to redeem it.
    I guess you can’t always be right!

I guess you can’t always be right!
    Opinions differ, I suppose, but for some time now I've suspected Netflix of astroturfing (on Reddit especially, but probably places like Facebook too). The number of exceptionally glowing reviews for this film, with heavy downvoting of any criticism, especially when contrasted with most of the critic reviews online (which largely seem to agree with my own opinion) made me decide to unsubscribe from those subs for good.

At least on here, if someone recommends something, you have some sense that it's coming from a real person who actually did like it, even if in the end you don't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    -Sideways, great comedy from 2004. Just discussed with friends how great it was
    Quite possibly the funniest film that seemingly few have heard of

Watched it just last week for maybe the fifth time; absolutely wonderful stuff with so much great wordplay and nuanced scenes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Opinions differ, I suppose, but for some time now I've suspected Netflix of astroturfing (on Reddit especially, but probably places like Facebook too). The number of exceptionally glowing reviews for this film, with heavy downvoting of any criticism, especially when contrasted with most of the critic reviews online (which largely seem to agree with my own opinion) made me decide to unsubscribe from those subs for good.

At least on here, if someone recommends something, you have some sense that it's coming from a real person who actually did like it, even if in the end you don't agree.
    Your probably right, still must be a perspective thing though. I thought it was well worth all the praise it’s been getting.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Quite possibly the funniest film that seemingly few have heard of

Watched it just last week for maybe the fifth time; absolutely wonderful stuff with so much great wordplay and nuanced scenes.
    Completely agree, love this film and must have seen it half a dozen times or more. Might take care of tonight’s viewing.......

Don't laugh but 80s Patrick Swayze vehicle 'Road House' is on Netflix right now. It's actually bloody good fun!

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Don't laugh but 80s Patrick Swayze vehicle 'Road House' is on Netflix right now. It's actually bloody good fun!
    Great bit of escapism! Sam Elliot is awesome in it.

Master
    I used to love that film

Master
    Great film! That and Best of the Best were the main reasons I considered starting martial arts!

Le Mans today. Very good, although long at over 2.5 hours. A good story and Bale is very good as always.

Great film! That and Best of the Best were the main reasons I considered starting martial arts!

Quote Originally Posted by bootneck View Post
    I used to love that film
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Great bit of escapism! Sam Elliot is awesome in it.
    Added WIS bonus, special thanks to 'Heuer Time and Electronics Corp.' :-)