closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105
Results 5,201 to 5,218 of 5218

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Not particularly new, but I really enjoyed "Whiplash".

Booksmart!

You'll either love it or, if you're uncomfortable with the subject matter, hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Coming soon (the end of June) to a cinema near you...Apollo 11.

I've only seen the trailer a couple of times at the cinema but it looks good and seemingly has great reviews. If any subject is worthy of the big screen, this one has to be amongst them.

Been to the UK premiere of Diego Maradona tonight in Sheffield by the same guy who did Senna and Amy (Asif Kapadia). Followed by a Q&A session with Asif.

A great film told really well and whilst Iíve despised the little man since that moment in 1986 the story gives a great insight and also the reason for his quick downfall at the end in Italy.

Great film especially for a football fan. Asif Kapadia was great too, very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Booksmart!

You'll either love it or, if you're uncomfortable with the subject matter, hate it.
    Excellent film!

Not a movie per se, but rather a short film

https://www.shortoftheweek.com/2013/...one-mans-loss/
    ICYMI: Millions of women all over the world dressed in PussyHats and oversized Vagina costumes took to the streets today to protest against war with Iran.

Saw Rocketman last night with my wife...excellent musical drama biopic, executive produced by Sir Elton himself. If you are a fan of his music, this movie is a must-see.

Enjoyed a couple of docs recently:

Apollo 11 - Stunning original footage seamlessly sewn together, and a fabulous score.

Being Frank: The Chris Sievey Story - Engaging and amusing crowdfunded documentary revealing the weird world of the man behind the huge head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Being Frank: The Chris Sievey Story - Engaging and amusing crowdfunded documentary revealing the weird world of the man behind the huge head.
    Just came on to mention this myself, watched it on the train this morning. Really enjoyed it. A mad genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegary View Post
    Watched the Netflix film The 12th Man last night. Based on Norwegian Commando Jan Baalsrud and his amazing story evading the Gestapo during WWII in occupied Norway and in so doing becoming a symbol of freedom for his countrymen.

It portrays the courage and selflessness of the people who helped him evade capture, just as much as the man himself. An outstanding story of hope and a very good film I thought, well worth a view.

Cheers,
    Gary
    Coudn't agree more. I downloaded this from Netflix and watched it recently on a flight back to the UK.

I thought it was absolutely gripping, even if admittedly there were a couple of points where I had to look away (cutting off gangrenous toes, etc).

Having watched this film I now want to watch the original Norwegian version of the story - "Ni Liv" from back in 1957 - which is available on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/BVAlTIEkO3I

Think it's already been mentioned but I watched Green Book last night, best film I've seen for a while.

Not a new film but I'd recorded it and watched it on Saturday: Kajaki: The True Story

Wow! Brilliant but terrifying, and ball-achingly tense. My full respect went out to the actors and crew, and even more so the soldiers who were caught in that shit-fest back in 2006. It definitely wasn't light entertainment.

Another 'oldie' I watched last night was Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit. Great fun and I even enjoyed Kenneth Branagh, and he normally annoys the proverbial out of me.

Yes Kajaki was rivetting and terrifying. Some on the forum knows some of the poor soldiers who went into the mine field. The search engine will turn him up.

I saw the equally enthralling Last Breath, it may well have been mentioned before, but I was astonished at the conclusion. Well worth watching and there is the odd watch in there too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Not a new film but I'd recorded it and watched it on Saturday: Kajaki: The True Story

Wow! Brilliant but terrifying, and ball-achingly tense. My full respect went out to the actors and crew, and even more so the soldiers who were caught in that shit-fest back in 2006. It definitely wasn't light entertainment.

Another 'oldie' I watched last night was Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit. Great fun and I even enjoyed Kenneth Branagh, and he normally annoys the proverbial out of me.

We watched A Private War over the weekend. It came with a firm recommendation from some (Syrian) colleagues working in theatre as a movie that gives a fairly accurate feel for what being there is like at the moment. In a sense I'm not sure how much that mattered as it's very definitely all about Marie Colvin - she was clearly quite a difficult creature and it's certainly no hagiography. Really compelling and definitely worth the wait - within 24 hours I'd ordered a copy of Under the Wire by Paul Conroy (the photographer who was with her and survived) and I'm looking forward to its arrival.
    Die Zeit verwandelt uns nicht, sie entfaltet uns nur.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    We watched A Private War over the weekend. It came with a firm recommendation from some (Syrian) colleagues working in theatre as a movie that gives a fairly accurate feel for what being there is like at the moment. In a sense I'm not sure how much that mattered as it's very definitely all about Marie Colvin - she was clearly quite a difficult creature and it's certainly no hagiography. Really compelling and definitely worth the wait - within 24 hours I'd ordered a copy of Under the Wire by Paul Conroy (the photographer who was with her and survived) and I'm looking forward to its arrival.
    Yes that was an excellent film. I've seen interviews with Conroy, and the shocking, but unsurprising fact, is that they were deliberately targeted by Assad, just as he targeted civilians and then the hospitals to which survivors were brought.

Toy story 4 is ok but time to end it there.

Today I saw The Dead Don't Die with Bill Murray, Adam Driver, ChloŽ Sevigny, Tom Waits, Selena Gomez, Tilda Swinton, and more. It's a bit Fargo and a bit Shawn of the Dead. If you like offbeat quirky humor, this is an easy way to get your fix!

24 Hours To Live with With Ethan Hawke, shades of John Wick.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".