closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 138 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,900 of 8057

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Wrath of Man was great.
    (prime)

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post

power of the dog - 2/10 -so mind numbing i turned it off half way through - didnt seem to have any major plot at all.
    I stuck with it hoping it would improve, but it was very slow all the way through. Don't understand the hype.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I'm sure that this has been on topic in here before, but I've only just got around to watching "The watchmaker's apprentice". Even though it had been on my watch list for years, Amazon's only made it free couple of months ago, i finally had the time (off sick for few days) to watch. Has it exceeded my expectations?! - I got properly emotional by the end, my wife was laughing at me, saying she hadn't seen me in such emotional state in years. Even though i was familiar with the story beforehand, the film was constructed in a brilliant way, to me the documentary of the year!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by levkov View Post
    I'm sure that this has been on topic in here before, but I've only just got around to watching "The watchmaker's apprentice". Even though it had been on my watch list for years, Amazon's only made it free couple of months ago, i finally had the time (off sick for few days) to watch. Has it exceeded my expectations?! - I got properly emotional by the end, my wife was laughing at me, saying she hadn't seen me in such emotional state in years. Even though i was familiar with the story beforehand, the film was constructed in a brilliant way, to me the documentary of the year!
    Thanks. Never heard of this. Will watch it tonight.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Wrath of Man was great.
    (prime)

mmm, solid 5/10 here from me for that..

The new matrix film, was terrible! I know this is a good movie thread but just a warning. Should have been a great movie, such a shame.

Quite enjoyed the action film 'Close' recently.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Wrath of Man was great.
    (prime)
    I loved it too, think we are the minority here.

Did not enjoy Don't Look Up, tried 3 times to get into it from the start & by the end just didn't really care what was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    Wrath of Man on Prime, Jason Statham/Guy Ritchie film 8/10
    Slighty above average in the opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Silent Hours on Netflix quite enjoyed it yesterday afternoon
    This was awful.

The Gentleman was good. Very violent, but entertaining.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Watched Don't Look Up and agree with others - brilliant satire and a few genuine guffaws

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries

MATRIX

Watched Matrix Resurrections last night.

Great first 20 minutes, very self-aware and clever IMHO then downhill from there.

Master

Snatch

Stuck in with flu, I looked at IMDB top 250 and spotted Snatch (2000) funny and entertaining on so many levels. Guy Richie at his best.

Classic lines “ boss we have lost Gorgeous George( boxer) “ reply what do yo mean lost him, he’s hardly like a bunch of keys!

Master

Pulp Fiction disappointment

One of my favourite movies ruined. Just noticed it tonight watching on +1

https://www.pulpfiction.com/bullet-holes-already-there

Boiling Point, tense kitchen drama shot in one take. Kinda like Uncut Gems but in a culinary setting. Decent, recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMM View Post
    Boiling Point, tense kitchen drama shot in one take. Kinda like Uncut Gems but in a culinary setting. Decent, recommended.
    I'll take a look at anything that is compared to the superlative 'Uncut Gems' so thanks for the recommendation. At first I thought you were referring to Takeshi Kitano's oddball yakuza drama 'Boiling Point', itself worth a watch.

On Prime:

Ex Machina

Engaging film.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    One of my favourite movies ruined. Just noticed it tonight watching on +1

https://www.pulpfiction.com/bullet-holes-already-there
    Won’t click on the link then

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I'll take a look at anything that is compared to the superlative 'Uncut Gems' so thanks for the recommendation. At first I thought you were referring to Takeshi Kitano's oddball yakuza drama 'Boiling Point', itself worth a watch.
    My kind of film!

I loved Boiling Point of Kitano’s although I preferred Sonatine. He’s got an unusual style of directing that the west won’t ‘get’ generally but I appreciate his deadpan , nihilistic style he brings . Boiling points is a classic along with Sonatine , the brilliant Violent cop and hana- bi (fireworks) all in the cool Yakuza vein. I didn’t care for the later stuff in that genre like outrage . His version of Zatoichi the blind swordsman was excellent though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Watched Don't Look Up and agree with others - brilliant satire and a few genuine guffaws
    Watched this and also the gentlemen quite enjoyed both of them.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Don’t watch Brazen on Netflix. Currently Top 10 no idea why it’s awful.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Don’t watch Brazen on Netflix. Currently Top 10 no idea why it’s awful.
    Quite but then again we only watched it because it was in the top ten so expect the majority of viewers thought it would be worthwhile and thereby keeping it in the top ten!

Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Watched ‘eternals’. 6/10. Could of been so much better. Story all over the place, few good scenes and special effects but not the usual Marvel standard. It also screws with the marvel universe timeline, marvel are usually very good at tying things in/up and keeping things consistent but for me on this one it’s like the rest of the marvel crew (avengers) we’re on sabbatical whilst the end of the world was happening. Odd
    Last edited by Anygreg; 17th January 2022 at 11:29.

Craftsman
    I thought that was full on awful. How they got the big names on that film i dont know. Pay i suppose.

Went to watch the ' new ' Spiderman film before xmas and thought that was pretty duff.

UNsure many can remember ' Fifth Element ' with Bruce Willis and co ? Thats a go to film for the wife and I in that we are happy to watch it ever few months as its so over the top its just a happy watch.

I watched this last night and thought it was pretty poor. I cant remember actually laughing even once.

It has a really decent cast, and I can see what they were trying to do with it, but (for me)was just not funny at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMM View Post
    Thanks for the recommend

watched last night ...what a gripping and brilliantly executed performance, how they filmed in 1 take is staggering..

Stephen Graham was as ever fabulous but a huge shout out to the whole cast some familiar faces and many relative newbies...

Craftsman
    +1 for the 'Don't Look Up' isn't great crowd, I'm afraid.... I was hoping for Big Short, I didn't get it.

However, as this is the good movies thread, I've been working my way through the Bluray boxset I got for Xmas. The complete James Bond collection! Last night I watched Thunderball, just a wonderful piece of Connery goodness. Absolutely superb escapism.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 2ptjoe View Post
    I thought that was full on awful. How they got the big names on that film i dont know. Pay i suppose.

Went to watch the ' new ' Spiderman film before xmas and thought that was pretty duff.

UNsure many can remember ' Fifth Element ' with Bruce Willis and co ? Thats a go to film for the wife and I in that we are happy to watch it ever few months as its so over the top its just a happy watch.
    100% agree with this, didn’t laugh once, although I think I nearly did once when in the Oval Office scene.
    Fifth element, an absolute master piece. Big badda boom!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post

However, as this is the good movies thread, I've been working my way through the Bluray boxset I got for Xmas. The complete James Bond collection! Last night I watched Thunderball, just a wonderful piece of Connery goodness. Absolutely superb escapism.
    You reminded me, I have a Bond boxset, albeit DVD rather than Bluray. Maybe this is the year to watch them all in order. I read all the novels last year.

I'm started watching An Ungentlemanly Act last night, will finish tonight. I was inspired by the thread on the 40th anniversary of the Falklands War. Very good film, all from the viewpoint of those directly involved in the first days of the invasion.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    +1 for the 'Don't Look Up' isn't great crowd, I'm afraid.... I was hoping for Big Short, I didn't get it.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk
    Big short was what I was looking for too.

Was wondering if it was too clever for me.

Master
    Ghostbusters afterlife. If you liked the original (and I have a real soft spot for it!) then you will love this. Bit of a love letter!

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Ghostbusters afterlife. If you liked the original (and I have a real soft spot for it!) then you will love this. Bit of a love letter!

Having grown up in the 80's of course i loved the original one, didn't stop playing busting ghosts with the vacuum cleaner for a year after watching the movie. The mood of this new one was similar indeed, but could've done with a bit more action / ghostbusting

Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    My kind of film!

I loved Boiling Point of Kitano’s although I preferred Sonatine. He’s got an unusual style of directing that the west won’t ‘get’ generally but I appreciate his deadpan , nihilistic style he brings . Boiling points is a classic along with Sonatine , the brilliant Violent cop and hana- bi (fireworks) all in the cool Yakuza vein. I didn’t care for the later stuff in that genre like outrage . His version of Zatoichi the blind swordsman was excellent though

I love his stuff, even the 'lighter' fare such as Kikujiro and Kid's Return. I think Hana-Bi is the high watermark followed closely by Sonatine.

Have you watched any Takashi Miike? Bit hit and miss but Audition, Gozu and Ich The Killer are all superb imo.

Master
    Watched 'Nobody' the other night...great entertainment!
    I think the lead actor is from Better Call Saul?

Quote Originally Posted by emgee View Post
    Yep, Bob Odenkirk.

The bus scene is brilliant in a totally OTT spoof-like way. Great entertainment.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    100% agree with this, didn’t laugh once, although I think I nearly did once when in the Oval Office scene.
    Fifth element, an absolute master piece. Big badda boom!
    Ruby Rhod !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Thanks for the recommend

watched last night (thanks to a well-known online converter which can easily change any video formats) ...what a gripping and brilliantly executed performance, how they filmed in 1 take is staggering..

Stephen Graham was as ever fabulous but a huge shout out to the whole cast some familiar faces and many relative newbies...
    The Making of The Mob is also gorgeous. Highly recommend! It is a documentary series about Lucky Luciano and other famous mobsters.
    Last edited by Owren; 2nd February 2022 at 19:18.

Master
    ‘Wrath of Man’ and ‘The Protégé’ seem to be in the same genre of kick-ass revenge films with slightly too much plot. I ended up wondering if it’s best to stick with, ‘You killed my dog’ and take it from there. They both pass the time easily enough, if you’re after someone with a very particular set of skills causing havoc. But both films left me trying to make sense of the odd plot detail. In the cinema that might be a deal-breaker, but at home for free on Prime / Netflix with a bottle of wine it’s fine. ‘Nobody’ completes the set I guess, but without the complications - 100% ‘You killed my dog’ in fact, but not for the squeamish.

Journeyman
    New Spider Man film is great fun.

Dr Strange is a wonderful idiot as ever and the boys to the Maguire and Garfield days really bring it together.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by emgee View Post
    Lived that film, was worried he couldn't do the action, he really could though couldn't he.

Was good directing and filming too.

Rgds

Blog Entries
    The Death of Stalin on Prime.

Great movie! But you can't go wrong with when Michael Palin and Steve Buscemi are in it. Recommended.

The Gentlemen on Netflix, I dident think I would like it but I watched it to the end and it was ok.

Watched Fracture which I thought was very good

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0488120/

Very disappointed with The Power of the dog

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10293406/

Watched Munich The Edge of War last night. Really enjoyed it and a good performance from Jeremy Irons. I wasn’t keen on the actor who played Hitler though. Just wasn’t very convincing.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Yarrow View Post
    New Spider Man film is great fun.

Dr Strange is a wonderful idiot as ever and the boys to the Maguire and Garfield days really bring it together.

Agreed…really enjoyed it.

I also watched The Imitation Game the other night which I also thought was excellent.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Agreed…really enjoyed it.

I also watched The Imitation Game the other night which I also thought was excellent.
    Not seen that yet, on the to do list. Partly as I've been around Bletchley a few times and had meetings in the mansion House.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    The Gentlemen on Netflix, I dident think I would like it but I watched it to the end and it was ok.
    I absolutely loved it. High Grant was a tad annoying, but Charlie Gummy what's it was really good I thought.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    The Death of Stalin on Prime.

Great movie! But you can't go wrong with when Michael Palin and Steve Buscemi are in it. Recommended.
    I found that a tad uncomfy to watch, partly as the level of backstabbing and betrayal whilst portayed comically, was by all accounts scarily accurate

Master
    Went to see Nightmare Alley yesterday and thought it was excellent. Great performances, fantastic sets, direction, think it had it all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Yarrow View Post
    I found that a tad uncomfy to watch, partly as the level of backstabbing and betrayal whilst portayed comically, was by all accounts scarily accurate

Indeed uncomfy. This ‘black comedy’ (Prime) shows what a bunch of utter low-lifes it was. All of them. The difference between the fun part (often dialogues) and what is shown in the scenes makes it interesting to watch.
    Buscemi is very convincing in this role as the reformer…

Master
    Nobody was a good watch, slow first 10-15 mins but boy does it get going in a shoot em up style