closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 118 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,900 of 8055

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

An Honest Liar, the true story of James Randii and his life mission to expose physics. Always knew Uri Geller was a fraud. Was good to see him skirm!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    3 billboards outside ebbing missouri. Loved it.

I watched 'Richard Jewell' last night. A true story of a scurity guard at the Atlanta Olympics who find a bomb, but is then accused of planting it himself.

A really good story, very gently told. Clint Eastwood really is a master film director these days

Give the film a look, I don't think you will regret it

John

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Parasite

An utter masterpiece. Hands down the best film I've seen in the past 6 months
    Finally watched this last night. Very good and now available to rent on Amazon Prime in HD for £1.99.

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    An Honest Liar, the true story of James Randii and his life mission to expose physics. Always knew Uri Geller was a fraud. Was good to see him skirm!
    Haha I enjoy seeing Randi in action, he's very entertaining!

His foundation put up $1m in a secure account for anyone that could demonstrate psychic abilities.

They still have the million...

Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    I watched 'Richard Jewell' last night. A true story of a scurity guard at the Atlanta Olympics who find a bomb, but is then accused of planting it himself.

A really good story, very gently told. Clint Eastwood really is a master film director these days

Give the film a look, I don't think you will regret it

John
    Been thinking of watching this one.

I recently watched ‘Manhunt:Unabomber’(quickly followed by Manhunt:Deadly Games) and really enjoyed them. The Richard Jewell story is worthy of its own movie.

Master
    I watched unbroken last night - very good

Chernobyl series is very good indeed, well written, good character development... And gives an insight into the massive challenges faced

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Been thinking of watching this one.

I recently watched ‘Manhunt:Unabomber’(quickly followed by Manhunt:Deadly Games) and really enjoyed them. The Richard Jewell story is worthy of its own movie.
    Can’t seem to locate deadly games?

Journeyman
    Today rewatched Die Hard again :)
    I must admit that only the 5th film was a flop. I was ыгкзкшыув to find out that Bruce Willis is already 65! I thought he was maximum 55. I guess that now action films are much weaker than they used to be some 15-20 years ago, my opinion.

I rewatched Magnolia last night, from 1999...had great reviews. Now I remember why!

"On one random day in the San Fernando Valley, a dying father, a young wife, a male caretaker, a famous lost son, a police officer in love, a boy genius, an ex-boy genius, a game show host and an estranged daughter will each become part of a dazzling multiplicity of plots, but one story."

this looks like it could be a good one >
    'raised by wolves'

Blog Entries
    Just finished "Official Secrets" - based on the events around GCHQ whistleblower Katherine Gun.

I quite enjoyed it (decent cast too - Kiera Knightly, Matt Smith, Ralph Fiennes, Matthew Goode etc). Wife fell asleep but she usually does anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLion View Post
    Chernobyl series is very good indeed, well written, good character development... And gives an insight into the massive challenges faced
    This. Can’t recommend it enough.

Watched The Irishman yesterday. Very good and offered an insight in to the Hoffa affair. Worth 3.5 hours of my life.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Currently watching The Outsider (10 episodes).
    A slow burner but highly recommended.

Watched Joker this evening, not what I expected at all, couldn’t really get into it and was wondering what all the fuss was about, by the end I had completely changed my mind, a very clever, dark film, Phoenixes performance was superb.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Watched Joker this evening, not what I expected at all, couldn’t really get into it and was wondering what all the fuss was about, by the end I had completely changed my mind, a very clever, dark film, Phoenixes performance was superb.

I thought it was excellent, quite removed from previous iterations and all the better for it.
    F.T.F.A.

On a slightly different note, we watched Dora the explorer last night (with a child obviously) and I actually found myself laughing along and enjoying the simplicity and humour. Probably more for kids but it didn’t stop me enjoying it.

I re-watched Alicia Vikander in Ex Machina last night. Hauntingly brilliant!

Craftsman
    Re-watched Predestination on Prime last night, starring Ethan Hawke. Really enjoyed it first time around and it held up well under a second viewing a few years later. I am a sucker for this type of sci-fi, would recommend going in cold if you know nothing about it.

Another recommendation is the excellent Upgrade on Netflix, which is like a throwback to 80s action movies fused with a bit of sci-fi, a nice, tight, film.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Re-watched Predestination on Prime last night, starring Ethan Hawke. Really enjoyed it first time around and it held up well under a second viewing a few years later. I am a sucker for this type of sci-fi, would recommend going in cold if you know nothing about it.

Another recommendation is the excellent Upgrade on Netflix, which is like a throwback to 80s action movies fused with a bit of sci-fi, a nice, tight, film.

predestination is one of my favourite 'time travel paradox' movies (along with looper) - for some reason it did not seem to get much release coverage which is a shame as its a great film.

Master
    A couple of great documentaries:

Last Breath
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSJL57Gq2OQ

Free Solo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urRVZ4SW7WU

Worth a watch if you haven't seen them yet

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    predestination is one of my favourite 'time travel paradox' movies (along with looper) - for some reason it did not seem to get much release coverage which is a shame as its a great film.
    I saw Looper 4 times at the cinema and probably double figures since, I love it. Definitely my favourite sub-genre is time travel.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    On a slightly different note, we watched Dora the explorer last night (with a child obviously) and I actually found myself laughing along and enjoying the simplicity and humour. Probably more for kids but it didn’t stop me enjoying it.
    I had the same reaction. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post

Yeah, watched it yesterday and enjoyed it, for all the Batman origins and so on, this is the first film to really show what could have created the Joker (or an earlier iteration of the actual joker).

It was interesting to see them switch the viewpoint, the way they did with how Thomas Wayne was portrayed, as well as the rich and affluent.

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    this looks like it could be a good one >
    'raised by wolves'

That looks promising.

Rewatched Gangs of New York yesterday, I enjoyed it when it came out but had forgotten some of it, brilliant film, brutal and graphic, typical Scorsese, and Di Caprio and Daniel Day Lewis have great performances, especially DDL.
    Cheers..
    Jase

I watched The Tax Collector a couple of days ago and it's not bad but it could of been a lot more.

Kind of stereotypical Latino gang thing.

On a side note & they might of been mentioned in this thread somewhere but as they are oldies but goodies.
    Try Dogma. Funny as hell or Snatch.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Joker was excellent and dark, but cannot see it being a film I’d watch another time.

Was considering watching gangs of New York another time, so glad to hear it still impressed.

Searching for Sugar Man
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    13 Hours is on now cracking film

Journeyman
    If job don’t mind subtitles watch Parasite. Brilliant South Korean movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wampa View Post
    A couple of great documentaries:

Last Breath
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSJL57Gq2OQ

Free Solo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urRVZ4SW7WU

Worth a watch if you haven't seen them yet
    Thanks for that. Just watched “last breath” and was on the edge of my seat.

+1 for that.

Also the original Korean Old Boy is a classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackjack View Post
    If job don’t mind subtitles watch Parasite. Brilliant South Korean movie.

Knives Out is watchable...The story of Fire Saga is bloody funny

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Borg vs McEnroe

Nice period piece about their rivalry (and backstories); the fella playing Borg couldn’t look more like him if he tried!

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I rewatched Baby Driver the other day...still excellent and still a superb soundtrack!

Also i watched Greyhound on Apple TV. I quite enjoyed it at the time and it does go by quite quickly as you get caught up in the action. It’s a funny film in retrospect as it doesn’t really have a start...you pretty much get straight to it and then it ends. Worth watching though.

Watched “Greyhound” made for Apple TV and written by and starring Tom Hanks the other night.

Pretty good.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Watched “Greyhound” made for Apple TV and written by and starring Tom Hanks the other night.
    Is that free on Apple TV, or is it only free if you've recently bought a new Apple device? I've got one of the older Apple TVs that I don't really use anymore as I prefer Roku, so just wondering if it's worth me checking out their exclusive content like this. I'm definitely not going to pay for a subscription if that's required though.

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Is that free on Apple TV, or is it only free if you've recently bought a new Apple device? I've got one of the older Apple TVs that I don't really use anymore as I prefer Roku, so just wondering if it's worth me checking out their exclusive content like this. I'm definitely not going to pay for a subscription if that's required though.
    I’m only watching Apple TV ‘cause its free for a year with a new iPad. I certainly wouldn’t bother paying for a subscription. If you do have it/get it though i would recommend “See”...its a series rather than a film. Also they have a new series coming soon called ‘Foundation’ based on Isaac Asimov’s Foundation series which has potential. Other than that its a bit sparse imo.

The Martian... Probably been mentioned here a few times.

Read the book earlier this week (couldn't put it down) and watched the movie again last night.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    I’m only watching Apple TV ‘cause its free for a year with a new iPad. I certainly wouldn’t bother paying for a subscription. If you do have it/get it though i would recommend “See”...its a series rather than a film. Also they have a new series coming soon called ‘Foundation’ based on Isaac Asimov’s Foundation series which has potential. Other than that its a bit sparse imo.
    Thanks, I know Apple are giving away free access left right and centre, but I haven't bought any new Apple products for a while. If the next generation Apple Watch is a major step up (with at least spO2 capability) then I might upgrade and try it out then - assuming by then they are still doing the free-for-a-year deal, which they almost certainly will be, given how much competition there is from Netflix, Disney and Amazon.

I watched it last week and it's a good movie.
    So much so I (coughs) downloaded it to watch. And not through apple TV
    Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post

I’ve watched Knives Out now and I thought it was quite enjoyable. Not 100% sure of Kentucky Fried Bond’s accent but I would still recommend it.

The Florida Project

Like watching a documentary on the failed American dream - beautifully shot and fine performances from a largely amateur cast, and also the stellar talent of Willem Dafoe.

Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    I’ve watched Knives Out now and I thought it was quite enjoyable. Not 100% sure of Kentucky Fried Bond’s accent but I would still recommend it.
    Lots of people have been recommending this for a while. It's currently free if you have Amazon Prime. I'm planning to watch it quite soon. Recent releases like this tend to drop off Amazon's free tier pretty quickly.

Official Secrets on Amazon Prime. Very very good, about a GCHQ whistleblower in the Iraq war. Keira Knightly plays the lead, really excellent

For any jazz fans out there I can heartily recommend I Called Him Morgan on Netflix.

It's the story of Lee Morgans rise to fame, how he met his his common law wife Helen and was subsequently shot by her in 1972. Fantastic archive clips and great interviews with 50's and 60's jazz legends throughout.

Cheers,
    Gary

Grand Master
    Just watched "Hachi" if there are no tears your dead.