closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 104 of 161 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,200 of 8032

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Master
    Don't you just love predictive text? Poor Amanda lol
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Watched Dead Amanda Shoes again yesterday.

Genuinely becoming my all time favourite. Must have watched it at least 5 times. Paddy Considine is fantastic in it.
    Sent from my SM-G903F using TZ-UK mobile app

Watched 'The Infiltrator'and 'A Most Violent Year' over the weekend. Both worth a watch.

Genuinely becoming my all time favourite. Must have watched it at least 5 times. Paddy Considine is fantastic in it.
    Dead Man's Shoes is a favourite of mine - it was on TV late one Sunday evening years ago and I started watching with no idea of the plot, actors etc. and it held me transfixed throughout. A real gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Parabola View Post
    Don't you just love predictive text? Poor Amanda lol

Haha ruddy hell. How the hell did it do that? Goddam iPhone.

Thanks for letting me know. Off to edit!

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Dead Man's Shoes is a favourite of mine - it was on TV late one Sunday evening years ago and I started watching with no idea of the plot, actors etc. and it held me transfixed throughout. A real gem.
    It’s fantastic isn’t it. I was the same re the plot when I first watched it.

Master
    Think I mentioned once before that I was at school with Toby Keynell who played Anthony in that (Paddy's brother).

Saw Charlize Theron and Seth Rogen in Long Shot today...excellent Rom/Com!

It's about a high-profile U.S. Secretary of State and Presidential hopeful (Theron) who hires a quirky journalist (Rogen) for whom she used to babysit.

Anyone going to see Godzilla? I'll be going on my own as no one will go with me! Childish I've been told.
    Review will be left after.

Journeyman
    John Wick 3 - If you've seen Ch. 1 or 2 you'll know what this is about. Maybe I'm just getting bored of these well choreographed fight scenes... Kinda more of the same.

Sent from my SM-G975F using TZ-UK mobile app

This trailer has me raring to go!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I know I'm a fanboy but I watched John Wick 3 last night and loved it.

The action scenes are breakneck even compared to 1&2.

Several groans and nervous laughs in the cinema as JW despatched baddies in even more gruesome ways than ever.

And more action than the 4 Avenger films put together...
    Last edited by pete-r; 17th May 2019 at 09:09.

Dead pool 2.
    Watched it 3 times and with the kids because it really is a family movie.
    The story and the development of the movie is great, there is lots going on but not for too long so I was not bored.
    We are Italian so foul language and violence are an everyday thing, still, we didn't get as much as watching the news.
    And I appreciated all sexual innuendos involved men's butts altough... I now.have to watch my back whenever the 4 year old is around.

BUBI 0_0

Finally watched 'Get Out'. Not bad for a directorial debut, but quickly reminded me of a cult 1975 film (with a bad remake in 2004). I won't mention the name of the film as it might be a spoiler.

Master
    Just watched The Sisters Brothers. Excellent cast and really well acted and scripted. Didn’t know much about it but really was excellent.

Also watched Mid 90’s, written and directed by Jonah Hill. Really good job of capturing the feel of what it was like growing up in that era and a really good job for a first time director.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    If it's appropriate to plug a mini-series,Chernobyl on HBO is very good.

American Animals on Amazon Prime.
    Really enjoyed it. Knew nothing at all about it and just watched - if you can do that, and avoid reading up on it beforehand, it was really engrossing.

Also, I, Tonya. About the Olympic ice-skating hammer attacking American lass and her back story.
    Was truly excellent.

Blog Entries
    Coincidentally, my wife and I also watched I, Tonya last night - though wife fell asleep half way through, as usual. I really enjoyed it and couldn't believe how you could have, in the words of the bloke from Hard Copy, "...a story completely populated by boobs".

Owl1
    Duck soup .The Marx brothers .

I enjoyed john wick 3. Few movies manage being this good and evolving three rounds deep..

John Wick III doesn't disappoint if you liked I and II, and the end leaves the way open for a number 4. Once again some fairly unsubtle product placement for Carl F. Bucherer watches.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I enjoyed upgrade on sky movies this weekend, kind of like John Wick crossed with the six million dollar man.

Also really good was You Were Never Really Here with Whackeeen Feeenix!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    John Wick III doesn't disappoint if you liked I and II, and the end leaves the way open for a number 4. Once again some fairly unsubtle product placement for Carl F. Bucherer watches.
    Agreed, thought it was really good fun and for me the best of the three so far. Loved the dogs!!

Journeyman
    Going to give rim of the world a rattle, the new netflix one, tonight. Looks like an enjoyable cheese fest.

Watched "Firefox" with Clint Eastwood again last night, it stands up well for a 37 year old film.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish boy View Post
    Going to give rim of the world a rattle, the new netflix one, tonight. Looks like an enjoyable cheese fest.
    I was looking forward to this, the reviews have been really bad though

Watched Source Code yesterday, great film and planning on watching Moon tonight for a Duncan Jones double bill

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Watched Source Code yesterday, great film and planning on watching Moon tonight for a Duncan Jones double bill

'Mute' is on Netflix and pretty interesting if you want to treble up!

I would second the recommendation of Upgrade, really good film.

I'm a big fan of the time travel genre, two superb ones are Looper and Predestination (both been around for a few years now).

Another I don't hear much about that is both bleak and brilliant is Wind River.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Watched “THE DROP” again tonight, fantastic film.......

Who knew Eggsy could sing?

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I enjoyed upgrade on sky movies this weekend, kind of like John Wick crossed with the six million dollar man.
    I watched that entire movie thinking it was Tom Hardy in the lead role. Enjoyable film, though.

Rewatched ‘Catch me if you can’ and ‘Blood diamond’ again at the weekend, really enjoyed them more than when they first came out, I’ve come to really rate Di Caprio as a really great actor over the last few years, hadn’t really appreciated how good he is before.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Watched the Netflix film The 12th Man last night. Based on Norwegian Commando Jan Baalsrud and his amazing story evading the Gestapo during WWII in occupied Norway and in so doing becoming a symbol of freedom for his countrymen.

It portrays the courage and selflessness of the people who helped him evade capture, just as much as the man himself. An outstanding story of hope and a very good film I thought, well worth a view.

Cheers,
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by tmoris View Post
    I enjoyed john wick 3. Few movies manage being this good and evolving three rounds deep..
    Just spent the weekend catching up with 1 and 2 with the missus as we wanted to know what the hype was about.

Now looking forward to watch JW3

Got seriously bored towards the end of JW 2, it’s like a love child between Rambo, Matrix and God Father cobbled together by the same misogenic film crew which shot the last Bond franchise.
    Last edited by VDG; 28th May 2019 at 17:52.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Got seriously bored towards the end of JW 2, it’s like watching a love child between Rambo, Matrix and God Father cobbled together by the same misogenic film crew who shot the last Bond franchise.
    I saw JW3 yesterday - the plus point is the last act is pretty good. The whole thing is at a bit of a relentless pace, but some of the set pieces are awesome. A few however end up being a bit 'video gamey' but nevertheless still fun.

There not that many movies out there like this, so best to enjoy them when you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegary View Post
    Watched the Netflix film The 12th Man last night. Based on Norwegian Commando Jan Baalsrud and his amazing story evading the Gestapo during WWII in occupied Norway and in so doing becoming a symbol of freedom for his countrymen.

It portrays the courage and selflessness of the people who helped him evade capture, just as much as the man himself. An outstanding story of hope and a very good film I thought, well worth a view.

Cheers,
    Gary
    Seconded. Saw this recently, was good.

Master
    I think I've already posted about the above but it is a definite +1.
    A very harrowing watch but worth every minute.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Rocketman.......
    I think I was thrown initially because I expected it to be a linear storyline along the lines of Bohemian Rhapsody,whereas it's actually more like a long flashback in generally musical form.
    It probably took me the first quarter of the film to really get into it but it developed into a really good film with some excellent use of Elton John's music.
    Taron Egerton is an example of perfect casting (much like Rami Malek) and a revelation in the singing department!

Who knew Elton John could act?

Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Rocketman.......
    I think I was thrown initially because I expected it to be a linear storyline along the lines of Bohemian Rhapsody,whereas it's actually more like a long flashback in generally musical form.
    It probably took me the first quarter of the film to really get into it but it developed into a really good film with some excellent use of Elton John's music.
    Taron Egerton is an example of perfect casting (much like Rami Malek) and a revelation in the singing department!
    I went to see it based solely upon its good reviews...and enjoyed it enormously. Afterwards I had to stay for the full credits because, as I posted above:

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Who knew Eggsy could sing?
    Well...I do now:

YouTube also led me to a variety of Taron Egerton interviews and a couple with Elton John (eg link...spoiler warning, a lot of unexplained clips from the film and discussion about it) have led me to update and revise my opinion of the latter, ie Elton John, the man behind the facade.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Watched that last night based on your comment, really enjoyed it!!

Blog Entries
    It’s fantastic isn’t it. I was the same re the plot when I first watched it.
    That's a great British film.

My favourite quotes

'Al fresco' ...ain't that anal?

It's the f****in elephant man.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I went to see it based solely upon its good reviews...and enjoyed it enormously. Afterwards I had to stay for the full credits because, as I posted above:

Well...I do now:

YouTube also led me to a variety of Taron Egerton interviews and a couple with Elton John (eg link...spoiler warning, a lot of unexplained clips from the film and discussion about it) have led me to update and revise my opinion of the latter, ie Elton John, the man behind the facade.
    Fully agree, I saw Rocketman today and thought it was brilliant! Like you say the casting and use of Elton's songs were fantastic. Highly recommend.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegary View Post

Cheers,
    Gary
    Thanks a lot for pointing me to this. I was quite emotional at a few points during this.

I still find it hard to take in the loss of life in both world wars, especially with it being such a relative short time passed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Journey View Post
    Thanks a lot for pointing me to this. I was quite emotional at a few points during this.

I still find it hard to take in the loss of life in both world wars, especially with it being such a relative short time passed.

Me too!
    Watched it yesterday. Amazing film.

My family on my mums side has a Norwegian WW2 connection, I think my Grandad was part of the liberation at end of the war and made local friends there, I have inherited a few Norwegian trinkets, my mum had a silver christening spoon made for her and there are various painted wooden spoons and the like.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Just watched Baby Driver on Netflix. One of the best chase movies I've seen, with a great soundtrack.

Also, not being aware at the outset, I found it somewhat ironic to discover Netflix has licensed a film starring Kevin Spacey.

Got to watch John Wick 3 with two of my sons Sunday night. It was nonstop killing with handguns, assault rifles, shotguns, and blades. Hundreds fell at JW's hand! I must say the plot and the CG were upgraded from JW2. There will definitely be a JW4.

Personally, I think I enjoyed Atomic Blonde with Charlize Theron a bit better - - not quite as much killing but more plot and intrigue...and more Charlize!

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Rocketman.......
    Lynn and I went to see this yesterday, (yes, it takes a long time for these things to reach us in the sticks!), and I thought it was simply brilliant. Great concept, exceedingly good music and the cinematography was excellent. I like the fact that it wasn't just a straight rehash of EJ's soundtracks with a lot of the music becoming, and telling, part of the story. A lot of thought has clearly gone into making it an excellent musical with a deeply moving story.

Highly Recommended.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Not particularly new, but I really enjoyed "Whiplash".

Booksmart!

You'll either love it or, if you're uncomfortable with the subject matter, hate it.