closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 129 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,450 of 8032

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Good little film worth a look
    Britt Marie Was Here..
    Swedish film about a housewife who becomes a Football Coach for a youth team , really funny in places and not soppy or over emotional
    Was shown on BBC2 recently so should be on catch up 7/10
    Last edited by arthurDALEY; 7th March 2021 at 12:34.

As mentioned on here a few times Escape From Pretoria, the true story of the escape of 3 Political prisoners from the Pretoria Prison
    Very well made, excellent set design and Daniel Ratcliffe is a solid actor and even his accent isn't to bad....
    funny if it wasn't a true story you would of thought what a load of made up rubbish..... Nerves of Steel to do what they did well worth a look 8/10

The chisel used to get out of the last door is the actual one used in the escape

Cheers

Craftsman
    I Care Too Much on Prime, pretty decent watch.

Also a map of the perfect things on prime I enjoyed (but am a sucker for that type of movie... Groundhog Day, happy death day, live die repeat etc

A bit late but watched A Star is Born last night superb acting we were both in tears

Quote Originally Posted by arthurDALEY View Post
    As mentioned on here a few times Escape From Pretoria, the true story of the escape of 3 Political prisoners from the Pretoria Prison
    Very well made, excellent set design and Daniel Ratcliffe is a solid actor and even his accent isn't to bad....
    funny if it wasn't a true story you would of thought what a load of made up rubbish..... Nerves of Steel to do what they did well worth a look 8/10

The chisel used to get out of the last door is the actual one used in the escape

Cheers
    I really enjoyed it too, and agree that Radcliffe was great in it. Cool factoid !
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    The white tiger on Netflix, superb Indian film, had a parasite vibe going on as based around the caste system. Recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Watched this with the wife a couple of weeks back and found it perhaps 10-15 mins to long but interesting, worthwhile watching.

Also watched ‘The Mule’ last night and again perhaps a touch too long but Clint doing salty old git as only he can though I did notice a couple of plot holes, but it made a change to watch a ‘drug’ movie of a slower pace

Bliss (2021) was very interesting IMO.

Blog Entries
    Just watched a 2016 film on Prime called Remember with Christopher Plummer. Good twist. Auschwitz, Nazi-hunting etc. Not too long but very good.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by emgee View Post
    13hrs. Worth a couple of hours of your evening.

I like watching a few films but I had currently nothing lined up, a quick look through this thread highlighted this a couple of times. Well worth a watch and thank you to the members that mentioned this.

Now to scroll further back to see what else I can fill my nights off with.

Just watched The Mule (amazon prime) really enjoyed it, thanks for the heads up.

Journeyman
    Babyteeth (Netflix). You need to stick with it to the end though as can be slow in parts.

Journeyman
    I watched Man Down on Saturday evening.

Some super acting by Shia LaBeouf and Gary Oldman saved it. It's a bit of a messy film in places.

Craftsman
    Watched Tron Legacy, which has excellent visuals and an amazing score by Daft Punk, but never really gets its ducks in a row regarding what story it wants to tell. You'll probably get more out of it if you have fond memories of the original early 80's Tron. All in all it's just a light recommend.

Master
    Here's one to miss: Capone with Tom Hardy. Absolutely terrible!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kostal2093 View Post
    Babyteeth (Netflix). You need to stick with it to the end though as can be slow in parts.
    We watched this a few weeks ago. Never heard of anybody in it or indeed anything about it but thought the cast were excellent and it was so moving.

Master
    Watched The Sisters Brothers recently- can’t recall if I’ve mentioned it already? Anyway, a slow burner but there’s something about Joaquin Phoenix’s performances that just captivate. Also, You Were Never Really Here; dark film, make sure you’re in the right mood, but I
    really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by relaxer7 View Post
    Here's one to miss: Capone with Tom Hardy. Absolutely terrible!
    Your not kidding utter shite and a blot on Hardys reputation....tried to restart 3 times could not get through 10 minutes...

I care too much....excellent watch..

Master
    The Billie Eilish doc on Apple TV+ is surprisingly good. Add in the Bee Gees doc and the Britney doc and you have a theme week!

Watched ‘Boss Level’ the other day like a ultraviolent Grindhouse remake of Groundhog Day. Just up my street!

Just watched Greenland on Amazon Prime. Blimey what a brilliant movie, best disaster film I can recall watching. Properly gripping as well

Master
    We watched Remember last night. Thought it was a good film, great cast and intriguing premise.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Did another watch of Lawless last night throughly enjoyed it. Love Tom Hardys character.

Master
    An eclectic mix this weekend.

The World Is Not Enough with the boy. He enjoyed it more than I did, but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. One of the few Bond films I'd only seen once before.

In The Loop. I'm a big Yes Minister fan and this a great satire in a similar vein.

The 39 Steps, the Hitchcock version. A fantastic film and one I think that has aged very well. It also reminds me of watching the comedy theatre version which was part of one of my best nights out.
    Last edited by gerrudd; 14th March 2021 at 21:37.

I watched Concrete Plans on Rakuten last night and went in with low expectations but it was honestly a good watch.

Can recommend it, decent British thriller.

Just watched the Trial of the Chicago 7 - really enjoyed it. Some great acting

I watched 'the network' which is quite old, but an excellent movie.

Also watched Ivan's Childhood, which is an amazing war movie, that doesn't have a lot of war.

I've watched two horror movies over the last couple of nights. The Mummy (Tom Cruise), and Resident Evil. I was disappointed with The Mummy. It was rather boring and not scary at all. Not a patch on Boris Karloff. Resident Evil was excellent. Suspense by the bucket load. Very enjoyable.

I had a 'Cowboy' night last night so a second recommendation for the Sisters Brothers and also Legend of 5 Mile Cave.
    Last edited by Harry Smith; 18th March 2021 at 16:32.

Master
    Boss Level.

Just bloody good fun from start to finish, crazy premise and spectacularly violent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kostal2093 View Post
    Watched this last night and loved it.

Agreed it does not set a blazing pace, but it isn't that type of film to be fair, so I didn't expect it too.
    I do like the way the Australians seem to be able to make films that are a bit off the mainstream.

Border

Total mindf**k Swedish effort, but absolute quality and engrossing.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    I've watched two horror movies over the last couple of nights. The Mummy (Tom Cruise), and Resident Evil. I was disappointed with The Mummy. It was rather boring and not scary at all. Not a patch on Boris Karloff. Resident Evil was excellent. Suspense by the bucket load. Very enjoyable.
    Very old but great movies

I just watched Onward 2020

I went in thinking I would cry but I was not ready for just how much this movie would make me feel.
    Oh and there were lots of funny moments as well! Our whole family loved it. 10/10 !! I truly love Pixar.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by JimSclavunos View Post
    Watched Tron Legacy, which has excellent visuals and an amazing score by Daft Punk, but never really gets its ducks in a row regarding what story it wants to tell. You'll probably get more out of it if you have fond memories of the original early 80's Tron. All in all it's just a light recommend.
    +100 awesome movie... one of the greatest cinematic experiences to ever exist.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I really enjoyed Tron Legacy and could have watched a sequel but looks like it’s on ice.

I watched Gone Girl last week which was definitely worthy of the hype. One of David Finchers best.

Also watched the 4 hour justice league version and really enjoyed it, but thought the original was utter crap.

Affleck was the bomb in both y’all!

Watched the Jack Snyder Justice League movie over the weekend, it's pretty long at around 4 hours.

Overall very good, much better than the original, worth a watch for sure.

Master
    Another mixed bag weekend.

Terminator. I haven't seen it in years. Still holds up very very. Very tight plotting, great tension. Special effects are god for the age, except the end sequence. Overall cracking film. I came across it on TV, planned to watch 5 minutes and stayed watching until the end. The sign of a great film.

Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot. 90's action comedy silliness. Watched with the kids and enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Winter Kills. Came across it on Amazon. Had never heard of it. Very much of its time (late 1970's) but an interested conspiracy story. Jeff Bridges, as always, is excellent.

The Player. I missed this was it was released. A who's who of Hollywood at the time. Pretty good story, quite funny in parts.

'Cop Car' on Prime is worth a watch

I watched Zack Snyders Justice League 2021 last night.
    4 hrs long I didn't even realise how long it was until I checked after an hour to see how long was remaining because I was thinking of going to bed early.

It's actually quite good but seriously loooooong.

And before anyone asks I umm download it from the interwebs. Shhh

Sent from my SM-N976B using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    I watched Zack Snyders Justice League 2021 last night.
    4 hrs long I didn't even realise how long it was until I checked after an hour to see how long was remaining because I was thinking of going to bed early.

It's actually quite good but seriously loooooong.

And before anyone asks I umm download it from the interwebs. Shhh

Sent from my SM-N976B using TZ-UK mobile app
    I have a day off Friday & intend to watch it then.

Almost did what you did, the 240mins didn't compute in my head.

Am just annoyed it is in 4:3 ration, just seems 'arty' for the sake of it & I hate 4:3 ratios these days....that was the part that made me initially switch it off, but it does review well.

Master
    Another vote for Justice League. Completely different film from the original version (which I thought was unwatchable garbage!) and I really enjoyed it. One of the best DC movies to date. Didn’t notice the running time or aspect ratio at all.

I changed the aspect ratio to 16.9 in VLC because it was annoying as hell.
    Took all of 5 minute's to get used to it

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Eurovision - I'm generally not a fan of Will Ferrell, but the wife and I both chuckled heartily throughout this silly film.

Ferrell reins in his usual antics on the whole, for the better, and, of course, Eurovision's campy nature is ripe for comedy.

Surprisingly enjoyable.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Blog Entries
    Also watched Snyder's Justice League over the weekend - much better than the original, though as mentioned it's loonnnnngggggggggggg - so ended up watching it over 2 nights.

I found the 4:3 aspect ratio a nuisance though and I really didn't get the rationale behind that at all.

I've watched two "odd" movies recently that I think I might recommend.

Possessor - brutally brutally brutally (I think that's enough of a warning) violent psychological thriller of sorts - very well made, but needs a polish on the story.

Enemy - (bit of an older one this - from 2012?) Jake Gyllnehaal meets his doppleganger. You may find it boring, but I was gripped. Watched it with my virtual cinema group and we talked about it more than almost anything else we've watched.

Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    The white tiger on Netflix, superb Indian film, had a parasite vibe going on as based around the caste system. Recommended.

We watched 'White Tiger' a week or two ago. I agree that is does have a bit of a 'Parasite' vibe about it.

I thought it was pretty good, but my wife thought it was dreadfully slow and was 'rubbish'. We usually agree on the style of films we like, so I was a bit surprised when we got to the end and had such opposing views about it.

I watched Mudbound on Netflix. it was good. The racial element was painful. Operation Finale about the extraction of Eichmann to Israel was also good but knowing the story and ending spoiled the surprise lol.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Also watched Snyder's Justice League over the weekend - much better than the original, though as mentioned it's loonnnnngggggggggggg - so ended up watching it over 2 nights.

I found the 4:3 aspect ratio a nuisance though and I really didn't get the rationale behind that at all.
    I’ve read the rationale and still makes no sense...actors standing more than being horizontal. Pretty much like most films. Apparently some IMAX related ratios too.

Just a way to be different I guess.

Master
    Undefeated

I’ve watched this a dozen times or more. It’s a documentary (currently on Sky Documentaries), but one of the most inspirational, life affirming sports movies you could wish to see.

Quote Originally Posted by jimyu View Post
    I Care Too Much on Prime, pretty decent watch.
    I watched this last week with my girlfriend and we were both considering giving up on it in the first 30 mins but then it got really fun. It probably won't receive much critical acclaim but we both thoroughly enjoyed it in the end. I'd definitely recommend this.

If anyone wants to see something a bit different, try 'dragged across concrete' staring Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughan. Reviews are polar opposites - generally very high (9-10) or very low (1-2) on imdb. I thought it was fantastic.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Peanut butter falcon on Netflix, it was lovely