closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 99 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,950 of 8058

Thread: Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Craftsman
    The Equalizer 2. Denzel at his best.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SiSetts; 13th November 2018 at 05:14.

Quote Originally Posted by SiSetts View Post
    The Equalizer 2. Denzel at his best.
    Oh dear, I'd have to disagree. Equalizer 2 was a real disappointment for me after the excellent first film. It seems that more and more - Equalizer, Taken, Sicario, etc. they had a great recipe and then over-egg the pudding for the second outing.

Outlaw King on Netflix, excellent imho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHpO9AG_dkE

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Oh dear, I'd have to disagree. Equalizer 2 was a real disappointment for me after the excellent first film. It seems that more and more - Equalizer, Taken, Sicario, etc. they had a great recipe and then over-egg the pudding for the second outing.
    Not every one shares the same view on everthing. What a boring world it would be.
    Tip...... do not watch the new Predator film!!

I agree with you on the Equalizer, but Sicario 2 was very good after a bit of a rocky intro.

I watched Possum at the weekend, the thing with Sean Harris by Matt Holness (he of Garth Marenghi's Dark Place).

I was utterly riveted, but it should have been 30 minutes long. Quite disturbing. Not terribly frightening for a horror movie, but I don't think it could be classified as anything else. Not sure I really could recommend it. Apparently it's very similar to a Cronenberg movie called Spider with Ralph Fiennes, but I haven't seen that.

Our cleaning ladies will be showing up in two hours for their bi-weekly 'scrubbing.' That means it's movie day for PC! Gonna go see Claire Foy in "Dragon Girl..." I'll complete this post later.

I thought the movie was "OK," maybe a bit better than that. I had trouble following what was going on during the first half, partly due to my poor hearing, partly my age, and partly the film. The second half was much better (to me). I was disappointed that, despite a few bathtub scenes, we didn't get to "see" any of Lisbeth. Boo!
    Last edited by pacifichrono; 14th November 2018 at 02:49.

Craftsman
    I recently saw 'First Man' so no, I’ve not watched any good movies lately.......

Star is born
    Thought it was ok but predictable but good singing and Lady Gaga can act a bit, I thought.

Craftsman
    Mile 22. If you like a bit of action and alot of gun fire.

Quest: Surviving in America

Documentary about an African-American family in central Philadelphia (filmed over an eight year period leading up to Trump), showing the dark underbelly of USA we see little of here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...ing-in-america

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by SiSetts View Post
    Mile 22. If you like a bit of action and alot of gun fire.

had bad reviews on rotten tomatoes, but will give it a try

Master
    I saw Journey's End last night and it was a very moving, confronting and powerful film.

Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    had bad reviews on rotten tomatoes, but will give it a try
    Yes it had poor reviews, but I found it entertaining, far better than the latest MI, which although had good reviews, I found very poor.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs- superb collective of short stories in the Wild West. Get it on Netflix

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    The Ballad of Buster Scruggs- superb collective of short stories in the Wild West. Get it on Netflix

I saw it on Friday. Also enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Outlaw King, well acted and a more realistic representation of the events of the time (Robert Bruce).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Der Hauptmann / The Captain. Watched it on Saturday evening. Based on a true story about a deserter who happens across an SS officer's uniform and adopts a new persona. Quite dark and very thought provoking.

Saw Australia last night. Good film

ROGUE ONE

Fabulous if you’re a big Star Wars fan, tons of easter eggs and it makes total sense in the SW canon.

Spoiler... you know it’s coming but still felt rather sad at the end!

Anyone watched any good movies recently?

Bobby

On BBC iPlayer about Bobby Moore. Very good, very good memories.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 24th November 2018 at 08:12.

Craftsman
    Started watching Outlaw King on Netflix last night and enjoyed it. Will watch the rest tonight.

‘The Drop’ - Crime ‘thriller’ most notable for being James Gandolfini’s last role, but otherwise a bit boring and a waste of a quality cast, with Tom Hardy playing low-key mumble-fest.

American Animals - went on a bit but being completely true I found it very interesting.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt6212478/

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Watched I, Tonya last night. Really enjoyed the way they filmed it - very good portrayal

I went to the premier of nativity rocks on Monday night, enjoyed it more than I was expecting to. I may be biased though as my daughter was in it.

- - - Updated - - -

I went to the premier of nativity rocks on Monday night, enjoyed it more than I was expecting to. I may be biased though as my daughter was in it.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Our cleaning ladies will be showing up in two hours for their bi-weekly 'scrubbing.' That means it's movie day for PC! Gonna go see Claire Foy in "Dragon Girl..." I'll complete this post later.

I thought the movie was "OK," maybe a bit better than that. I had trouble following what was going on during the first half, partly due to my poor hearing, partly my age, and partly the film. The second half was much better (to me). I was disappointed that, despite a few bathtub scenes, we didn't get to "see" any of Lisbeth. Boo!
    I thought she was desperately badly cast for such a physical role. Also, she wandered around looking very dumpy in some very ill fitting leather trousers for the whole movie. Apart from that, it was desperately average.

Master
    Salyut 7 - a russian movie from 2017 about a space mission in 1985 to rescue the russian space station Salyut 7 which went out of control. Excellent movie imho.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    ROGUE ONE

Fabulous if you’re a big Star Wars fan, tons of easter eggs and it makes total sense in the SW canon.

Spoiler... you know it’s coming but still felt rather sad at the end!
    Maybe I should give this another go. I stopped half way as I couldn't care how it finished.

We saw The Girl in the Spiders Web on Saturday & quite enjoyed it.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    We saw The Girl in the Spiders Web on Saturday & quite enjoyed it.
    I was very disappointed and should have stopped with the trailer, which has all the best bits. It seemed like they were trying to make Lisbeth into a kind of Scandi Jason Bourne, and what was the black bloke all about - hacker? geek? ex CIA black ops? Clare Foy as Lisbeth, not in a million years. Coincidentally, episode 2 of the original Swedish trilogy was on the TV last night and Noomi Rapace absolutely nailed the role.

Yes there was never any need to remake the Noomi Rapace films, but the Americans can't do subtitles so...

I was very disappointed and should have stopped with the trailer, which has all the best bits. It seemed like they were trying to make Lisbeth into a kind of Scandi Jason Bourne, and what was the black bloke all about - hacker? geek? ex CIA black ops? Clare Foy as Lisbeth, not in a million years. Coincidentally, episode 2 of the original Swedish trilogy was on the TV last night and Noomi Rapace absolutely nailed the role.
    Hmm...I'll have to check if the Swedish trilogy is available for viewing in the U.S.

Speaking of trailers..

Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post

+1

Great yarns

Just watched ‘Den of thieves’ on Netflix, pretty good cops and robbers shoot em up in the style of Heat. Nice little twist at the end.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Streamed a dodgy copy of the Queen film at the weekend.

Wasn't a very good bootleg though.

It looked like it had been filmed in a cinema, as i could see a little silhouetto of a man........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Streamed a dodgy copy of the Queen film at the weekend.

Wasn't a very good bootleg though.

It looked like it had been filmed in a cinema, as i could see a little silhouetto of a man........
    Shocking...

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    Yes there was never any need to remake the Noomi Rapace films, but the Americans can't do subtitles so...
    +1

The Scandi subtitled ones take some beating....the US versions are weak by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Shocking...
    Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Shocking...
    It wasn't shocking, but there was thunderbolt and lightning, very very frightening

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    I watched the original Scandi trilogy with English dubbing some years ago, they were quite well done.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    It wasn't shocking, but there was thunderbolt and lightning, very very frightening
    Oh for goodness sake. Mamma Mia, let me go.

Master
    Watched Sicario 2 over the weekend. Somewhat different to the first movie but still excellent movie. Highly recommended!

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I watched Creed the other night....it was pretty good imo and worth a watch if you like all the Rocky films.

Bobby Robson More Than a Manager

Phenomenal. What a man

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    I watched Creed the other night....it was pretty good imo and worth a watch if you like all the Rocky films.
    If liked that, try Southpaw. Emotionally quite brutal.

Master
    Wreck-It-Ralph 2 for me this week, great fun!

The wife took her to see The Grinch the day after and fell asleep, so perhaps I got the good one.

My 7 year old had two days off this week for the school to do some teacher training** so we had a Monday free. Superb, caught the early showing and almost had the entire screen to ourselves.

** Teacher training evidently didn't take the full day, we bumped into one of the teachers doing her Christmas shopping at lunchtime!

Master
    Looking forward to Wreck-It-Ralph 2.

Way late to the party but I watched Eddie The Eagle last night. Not in the slightest bit thought provoking or cerebral but a very enjoyable waste of a few hours nonetheless. Great soundtrack too.

The Bill Murray Stories: Life Lessons Learned from a Mythical Man

I found it entertaining and uplifting.