closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New arrival!

Craftsman

New arrival!

After a long wait and still not having enough money, I've somehow ended up with a new arrival. I've been after a SMP ever since I first laid eyes on it.

Over the last couple of weeks I've looked at older quartz models up to more recent autos neither of which I could really afford (and thanks to the guys who I spoke to about various sales). In the end a friend of a friend has come out of the woodwork with a Blue Coaxial SMP (at what I consider to be a very good price) which after some deliberation I now have on my wrist. I had to dig a lot deeper than I intended and it has resulted in the sale of two watches plus tearing rough games console accessories, blu-rays and other bits. However, this has now somehow been justified to the powers that be and to the bank balance!

This is my first omega and I have to say it does scream a level of quality which others in my experience haven't. It's the first time I've properly had my watch decide what I'm wearing in the morning rather than vice versa!

I also had to adjust the bracelet which I know people have mixed opinions about doing. Honestly, it was easy and I plan to put together a step by step guide on here when I get the chance.

Heres a quick snap, more to come later with the SLR.

Re: New arrival!

Lovely watch, congrats :thumbright:

I too have a soft spot for that particular Omega, very classy 8)

I'm a big Omega fan and that is certainly a classic model. Probably the most recognised after the moonwatch.

New arrival!

Very nice indeed. I hope you'll be very happy together for a long time.

Congrats, take care of it

Nice watch.

Master

congrats, was it the pin and tube type bracelet? i managed to near screw up a new planet ocean bracelet up trying to resize.

Journeyman

Very classy :)

My brother has one and despite it being a good few years old it always looks great. A classic if ever there was one.

Congrats!

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by fordystar
    congrats, was it the pin and tube type bracelet? i managed to near screw up a new planet ocean bracelet up trying to resize.
    Yes, it's a pin and double tube system, very similar but compatible with the bond style bracelet. For me it took a bit of patience and the right tools. Admittedly there was some risk involved and it could have easily gone wrong - but that's only because i was figuring it out as I went. I think if there was a comprehensive tutorial I would have been fine (hence my desire to write one!).

Thanks all. Here are some further pics, they aren't perfect, but neither is the lighting or time of day! After the first 24 hours it's running at -1 second which I'm very happy with so far.

Although smitten, the WIS in me is almost already looking at the sales corner again (with very empty pockets). What is that all about?!

Nice watch, a true classic. Enjoy

Congratulations, that is in great condition!

Great watch - it is along with the 2531 the watch I would always recommend in the price bracket. Can't really go wrong.

Great purchase! 8)
    It's just a matter of time...

dangee

Lovely- I was torn between this and the PO I ultimately went for.

Dan

Great looking watch, a real classic and as has been said you can't really go wrong. Wish I had the spare cash to make a move like that, but sounds like you have sacrificed a bit for it so I am sure you will enjoy it, wear in good health :)

Craftsman

New arrival!

I guess you'd classify them as first world sacrifices - nothing which is going to affect quality of life, just things I'd rather still have.

At some point the moment will come to take the plunge but unfortunately with items of luxury at this price it's difficult to see when that will be from a distance. Most of the fun is in the chase anyway ;)

That is deeply classy

Craftsman

What a beauty, love the red detail on the dial