closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anonimo number 4 arrived!

Craftsman

Anonimo number 4 arrived!

Today my long expected Anonimo Militare came in. Took over a week to get from Italy to The Netherlands, using the Quick Pack Europe Service of the Italian Post. Yes, You read it well, QUICK pack Europe. At an extra charge off course. Just to compare, a shipment with the standard service of Italian Post shipped last Thursday, already arrived yesterday, after 3 working days. Another lesson learned, don't pay a premium to this Italian Post for Quick shipment, You will only get Your things later......

Why all this hurry? As always with a new watch, I want it ASAP once I bought it. And since the dial is Orange, being a Cloggy I wanted to have this watch before the start of the European Championship Footbaal that's currently going on. Anyway, my football watch arrived in time before the ever exciting match against Germany!

Watch is in excellent used condition, just one small dink at 18 minutes and a few minor scratches on the back . The original box has suffered more. Warranty/certificate is included. Price was right, for the price I negotiated I just couldn't let this one go, taking also into account that I did want to have a manual winding Militare in my collection. .

Below are a few snapshots, in summer holiday I need to find some time to make a nice set of pictures of my watches. Also included some familyshots with the other Anonimo's that I have.

Movement is an easy-going 6497. Extremely reliable. The crown at 6 is a very nice detail, and one of the reasons I wanted a Militare in my collection. The manual wind is (to my opinion) more beautiful than the chrono, it's more balanced/clean.

Craftsman

Re: Anonimo number 4 arrived!

Congratulations! Did you buy that from a guy from Firenze? I almost did, but at the time he was on holiday, so I could not pick it up. Later on it was advertised on Chrono24. Good price too :wink: .

Blog Entries

Nice piece and a great brand.

I miss mine. :cry:

Enjoy..and health to wear. :)

Congratulations for the new arrival....I heard that this company is almost closing...is it true?

Lovely looking piece, love the collection they all look great 8)

Congrats. I've always thought that this is the best Militare there is. The date gets in the way with the automatics, and the chronos are just too fussy IMO.

Love it - Still don't understand why people don't get Anonimo - One of my favourites

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by cirotti
    Congratulations for the new arrival....I heard that this company is almost closing...is it true?
    I believe it depends on how you read the Italian insolvency papers, at this stage it is fair to say that the rumours of its demise are greatly exaggerated.

Please excuse my misuse of the quote.

Very nice, congrats. Let the summer begin!

Journeyman

I'm a newb and I've never heard of Anonimo before, but that's a lovely-looking collection of watches you have. :thumbup:

Nice one! Hope it brings us luck tomorrow!

How did you find it? eBay or chrono24?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master

They really are something aren't they - I had a hand wound a while back, much cleaner dial in comparison to the auto version with date - Enjoy 8)

Blog Entries

Nice group, I'm a big fan of the brand, but Anonimoless at the moment. I'd love to get a Magnum, just need to find one at a reasonable price!

Thanks for rekindling the love!

Rob

Craftsman

Thanks for looking and all the replies. Just love this brand, love being different, standing out of the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by JHM
    Congratulations! Did you buy that from a guy from Firenze? I almost did, but at the time he was on holiday, so I could not pick it up. Later on it was advertised on Chrono24. Good price too :wink: .
    No, got it from a seller in Sicily. Don't know what price the person in Firenze adsked for it, but I only paid € 935 (that's about £ 750), which is excellent for me. Sold a couple of watches recently, and since none of the buyers had something to trade in (Anonimo or Dubey & Schaldenbrand) I could treat myself with this one. Somehow these manual winding versions are very, very rare (maybe more popular than the Automatic, Chrono or all the other versions).

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne
    Nice one! Hope it brings us luck tomorrow!
    How did you find it? eBay or chrono24?
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hope so either about the match tomorrow.....
    I found this watch on Chrono24

Quote Originally Posted by Mr A
    They really are something aren't they - I had a hand wound a while back, much cleaner dial in comparison to the auto version with date - Enjoy 8)
    Yes, fully agree, that's why I wanted the manual version. And the orange dial is a bonus, making it (apart from the Football) a nice summer watch. But finding a manual version is not so easy. To give an idea, currently there are 5 Militare versions on Chrono24, 28 Militare versions for sale at Abouttime, 17 Militare versions on eBay. In total 50 Militare version, but NONE of the the manual version!

Some nice addition is also on it's way, an original Anonimo Militare rubber diver strap.

Orange Congrats,

That's a cracking watch and a cracking price. And now you have me wanting my Anonimo Millimetri back.

I always thought a far more charming brand than Panerai.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Verso
    Thanks for looking and all the replies. Just love this brand, love being different, standing out of the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by JHM
    No, got it from a seller in Sicily. Don't know what price the person in Firenze adsked for it, but I only paid € 935 (that's about £ 750), which is excellent for me. Sold a couple of watches recently, and since none of the buyers had something to trade in (Anonimo or Dubey & Schaldenbrand) I could treat myself with this one. Somehow these manual winding versions are very, very rare (maybe more popular than the Automatic, Chrono or all the other versions).

Thanks for the answer. Yes that was the seller who originally advertised this watch in Firenze for 1.000 €. When I called him, he was in Sicily. So I backed off and found two other Nimos a day later in Firenze. Whenever you get tired of the watch, do not hesitate to contact me (whenever that might be...I am patient) :wink: !

all the best

Jan