closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Helson query

Helson query

any good? I've been looking at their Blackbeard 2824 diver but, know nothing of the brand

this beastie:

http://www.ablogtoread.com/helson-black ... ch-review/

I appreciate the styling won't be for everyone, what do you think of the quality of their pieces though please?

Blog Entries

Re: Helson query

I've never owned one but have always been attracted to their products. I was speaking to the owner of the Phillipines distributor a few days ago (I had sold him a used Panerai some time before) and he said they've great watches and always sold out which is a measure of the brand.

I bought one, and was thoroughly impressed with the quality of the watch. It kept great accurate time, the lume was super, and it was solid as a bank vault. But its not a small watch. Here it is next to a Sea Dweller:

Dont hestitate as far as fit and finish, but be prepared for a biggish watch!

Hi, I bought a Helson off this forum and am very impressed with it, especially so considering cost.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by media_mute
    I appreciate the styling won't be for everyone, what do you think of the quality of their pieces though please?
    I've had a couple and can't fault the quality v price, not quite up there with Precista/Smiths but close...

Peter Helson is a nice friendly chap to deal with too...

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by AIDM
    I've had a couple and can't fault the quality v price, not quite up there with Precista/Smiths but close...

Rob
    Skindiver!!! I love it :love4:

i've had a helson sharkdiver and their quality is AMAZING.

ive flipped it and ordered a PRS18A, im convinced the Precista's quality will be on par or better :)

Quote Originally Posted by loqv75
    Quote Originally Posted by AIDM

Rob
    Skindiver!!! I love it :love4:
    Im in love with the Skindiver my self mate :love10: but i all so love the Sharkmaster 1000, its like being in love with 2 sisters at the same time and not knowing witch one to diddle 1st :|

Quote Originally Posted by jbravo
    I bought one, and was thoroughly impressed with the quality of the watch. It kept great accurate time, the lume was super, and it was solid as a bank vault. But its not a small watch. Here it is next to a Sea Dweller:

Dont hestitate as far as fit and finish, but be prepared for a biggish watch!
    wow, I didn't realise it was quite that big...

I don't quite get it though, apart from the 16mm depth, looks about standard

Case: Stainless Steel
    Movement: ETA 2824
    Luminous: Superluminova BGW9
    Crystal: Sapphire
    Case Back: Solid
    Strap: Rubber, Nylon or Stainless Mesh
    Water Resistance: 500 Meters
    Dimensions: 42mm
    Thickness: 16mm
    Lug Width: 22mm

Crown: Screw down