closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRECISTA 18 Owners please help!

PRECISTA 18 Owners please help!

Hi guys,

I have been thinking of getting a Military Style watch for awhile and finally pulled the trigger on a Precista 18 Automatic. I do love the watch, haven't receieved it yet but I am a little concerned about how the finish (bead blasted finish) would hold up over time! I read at some places that some bead blasted finishes can be scratch with their own fingernail, whilst some say that the bead blasted finish makes the metal stronger and harder to scratch and its near impossible to scratch, (i know sinn is bead blasted but correct me if im wrong i think they use a higher quality of bead blasting or metal than Precista does)

whats the verdict? im getting the watch anyway because its on the way to me now but i just wanna know or see some photos of how the finish has held up!
    if it chips/scratches will it look bad!?

photos would be great!

will i have to baby the watch?

Im not really worried about the finish on the PRS18, im sure it will be very well finished from the reviews, and general opinions of precista. im only a little concerned that a beadblasted case might not hold up as well. but yes i think after looking around and reading up it seems the general consensus is that it shouldnt be any less durable or hardy than a standard brushed finish.

it would be great to see some photos if anyone has an old, used or beaten up PRS 18 though! haha.

Re: PRECISTA 18 Owners please help!

I've had an 18 and also a PRS-5 which is also bead blasted. Both stood up to everyday wear very well in my experience with no visible markings apart from heavier dinks.

My 18A is tough as old boots. It certainly can't be scratched with a fingernail, unless you have an Adamantium fused skeleton...

Part of the reason I like the finish is that it looks more utilitarian and I reckon a scratch would be less obvious on the random blasted finish than a brushed finish where all the lines are oriented in one plane.

It's certainly not a watch for babying :lol: It's so...purposeful and tool-like you would feel daft chasing after it with a lint-free cloth 8)

thanks for the really quick helpful replies! some photos would be a GREAT help :)

i dont know how long these have been around, so even the bashed up old ones may not look too bad but just a rough gauge.

another thing is i really like the look of the original PRS 93 because the lume dots have aged to a yellow-ish cream, do you guys have any idea how long something like that would take to happen to one of our PRS 18's? :x

i just like the vintage look!

hi guys? :o

The original Precista 93 had Tritium lume, which is why it has aged to a yellow/brown colour. In theory, Super Luminova should not change.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Thanks Eddi! :bounce: