closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Meistersinger- Opinions

Meistersinger- Opinions

I really like the idea of the simplicity of a single handed design, but I tend to wear my watches on a regular basis

Thinking of the most basic model No1 I think

Any thoughts out there

Cheers

Simon

Re: Meistersinger- Opinions

I've been looking for a second-hand one for over a year now - a 38mm since a 43mm seems like a disc on my wrist. Tried them quite a few times and I like them all to be honest. Lovely designs.

My favourite is the silver dial perigraph, but wouldn't say no to a no1 or no3 tbh :)

Tried on a No 1 with a cream dial.......liked it & was very tempted but I decided to save for something else. Good quality & quite funky...

Do they do a perigraph in the 38mm size? It's not clear on the Jura site.

I also have small wrists and the full size may be a bit too much

Cheers guys

Simon

Meistersinger- Opinions

Yes they do. Last time I was at Jura's (2-3 months ago) they didn't have any 38mm perigraphs in stock though.

I owned a Meistersinger Pangaea which is the 40mm version. It was well made, got lots of positive comments but ultimately I couldn't adjust to reading one hand.

If it is going to be your main watch I would think twice about it (or try one and see how you get on).

On the upside the seem to hold their value and I sold mine for more than I paid so you could take a risk and flip it if you don't like it.

Craftsman

I used to have an ivory dialed Meistersinger - very nice but imho a bit pricey for what it is.

They are nice watches though a bit pricey.

At the outset , you do like the idea of wearing a one- hand watch but then after some time , the concept does not agree with you- that has been the experience of myself and a few friends on this matter.

Craftsman

Same here, I also owned a MeisterSinger Limited Edition NL 2009, nice watch, but couldn't get used to the one-hand. So sold it again for the same price that I'd bought it (2nd hand) for. IMHO the current prices are too high for the cuurent MeisterSinger range, but let's be honest, aren't many of the other brands highly priced as well....

If you want to test the concept and see if you can live with a one-hander without laying out a large amount of your hard-earned, then try a Luch. Mechanical handwound, 37mm, keeps good time - all for around 45 quid brand new including shipping from Minsk.

Here's mine

I love the concept and I think Meistersinger does it the best, but for me they're too expensive for what they offer.

Their panda chronograph is still on my "what 5 watches would you get for 10k" list:

I first read that Dial as 'Lunch" !

I was thinking it would make a nice dress watch, just have flieger dive watches at the moment

I agree they are expensive for what they are though

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK
    If you want to test the concept and see if you can live with a one-hander without laying out a large amount of your hard-earned, then try a Luch. Mechanical handwound, 37mm, keeps good time - all for around 45 quid brand new including shipping from Minsk.

Here's mine

Quote Originally Posted by simon-c
    I agree they are expensive for what they are though
    Simon
    Isn't that the case for the vast majority of Swiss brands though?

I like them but the price has been a bit of a barrier. I like the fact that they come in several sizes and being all dial, the 38mm ones will probably suit my wrist best. I do like the ivory dial perigraph. I cannot normally stand watches where multiple dates are on view but this objection seems to disappear when they are all on view! A local watch dealer (Bedford) actually stocks them so I will go in for a look one day. Some models have ivory dials and domed crystals so they do look very different and unique from anything else on the wrist. They are all nice and slim too.

Master

I have had three :( , a black dial 43mm 1z which I never should have sold, then an Ivory dial 43mm 1z, it was nice but I never settled with the colour, so I sold this once I had sourced another black dial 43mm tz.

The latest one is going precisely no where! They are unusual and do attract some attention, sometimes it is actually quite liberating not to have the time quite down to the nearest minute/second, especially on holiday.

I've got one. Nice quality, good price and you don't see them that often. That being said, I don't wear it that often. I'd say it's a great 3rd watch, one for a change.

Craftsman

Like many others here, I also owned one but I couldn't getvused to it.
    I guess I want to see what time it is in a fraction of a second when I look at my watch, which I couldn't with the Meistersinger

Kemmner Einzeiger is cheaper if you want to try the style - quality and CS are tip top too.... :)

Here's mine

Just managed to look at a few of these, there is actually a dealer in Oxford in the covered market so I had to roll out of bed and I was there.

For me 40mm is the sweet spot

I may well go for the Pangaea 40mm in black and bronze

Its a bit pricey in the UK though, but with a discount with Pleasance and Harper is £1458

Simon

Craftsman

Nice & well done watches
    Much too high prices
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by simon-c
    Just managed to look at a few of these, there is actually a dealer in Oxford in the covered market so I had to roll out of bed and I was there.

For me 40mm is the sweet spot

I may well go for the Pangaea 40mm in black and bronze

Its a bit pricey in the UK though, but with a discount with Pleasance and Harper is £1458

Simon
    That's a good looking watch.

I've stumbled across two outlets myself in the past week selling them - the one in the Oxford covered market and a jewellers in Winchester.

Not really come across them before, but like the idea as a 'novelly' watch for when the mood takes, but not a daily wearer. But then again, not at £1,500.

The Kemmner looks pretty good, what kind of money are they asking for that particular model?