closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waterproof watches

Re: Waterproof watches

And yes I am aware of the cost. . .

Possibly stick a high resolution picture of it on a rubber strap and stay about 3o meters away from humans. . .

: )

A quote

Suunto Core All Black Watch: to suit military personnel seeking a no-compromise stealth black product. All Black Suunto Core has a distinctive plain flexible strap, now with all black anodised fasteners and a low glow face ideal for military personnel operating in low light conditions. The tough body protects a large screen with functions developed from the tried and trusted Suunto Vector which has served military servicemen so well over many years.

And it goes on and on etc etc but they seem to have a rough and tough image.

But can they out shock a G shock. . . Or not

The search goes on (and on and on and on)

And at the other end of the scale

haven’t you heard? director James Cameron of the Titanic fame (and Avatar, Abyss and among the many others) is taking to the bottom of the ocean yet again and Rolex is marking this historic expedition (known as the Deepsea Challenge expedition) with this beautiful Rolex DEEPSEA Challenge watch. classified as an experimental watch, the Rolex DEEPSEA Challenge watch features an oversized (51.4mm), ultra thick (28.5mm) stainless steel case, a grade 5 titanium caseback, screw-down winding crown with TRIPLOCK triple waterproofness system, a 14.3mm thick domed synthetic sapphire, unidirectional 60-minute bezel with ceramic inserts and numerals coated in platinum via PVD, black lacquer dial with luminescent hands and hours markers, and water resistance to an astounding 12,000 meters (or 39,370 feet). wow.

Found whilst idly looking for the worlds toughest watches. . .

And before I put my budget in I hasten to add

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchScout
    For a friend of the burnster, you have crap taste in watches! :P

Has he had no positive influence on you at all!? :lol:

You must have had the chance to look over his shoulder and peek at some of the fantastic watches, he has had.

BTW how did you manage to break a Casio G?
    This whole thread has gone to hell in a basket. :sad11: :D

john
    So run this past me again, John: My post made you say that - not the Welder or the other abominations!?

Your taste in watches is changing, I see. First Spring Drive, now these watches :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Why am I laughing. . .

Abominations?

Someone please step in to defend brightly colored chunky unusual looking chronograph type waterproof watches. . .

Anyone?

Please add under about a hundred quid to that last comment. . .

Looked at quite a few G shocks today. . . they look cheap even if functional.

Still after a classy (my world see pics above) everyday time piece but I have to say that RobDad one of the first answers to question posed with the Seiko black monster suggestion seems to be drawing my eye more and more. . .

Waterproof watches

Get yourself the Monster! I got mine on the bracelet from Creation online - £119 plus about £16 for the rubber strap. Mine arrived in 4 days, no duty to pay - and if you don't like it you can flog it on this forum for £100 ish no problem. I've owned loads of watches at different price levels, for value and everyday usefulness I don't think the monster can be beaten really.

If you want a cheap and tough dive watch for under £100, I'd recommend one of these from your local dive shop (or many on-line dive shops). 500m water resistance, built like a tank and a tuna style bezel. Expect to pay around £70-80. Seiko movement and hits the markers all the way round.

Cheers
    D

It's looking that way Rob. . . Everyone else seems to have given up or is there a football thing going on at the moment.

Thanks again

Spoke too soon. . .

Dive watches I have looked at off and on but maybe another go tomorrow. . .

Cheers

Some of the watches in this thread made me want to cry...

Tears of joy I'm guessing : )

But if not please post your suggestions that we may weep with you. . . Or for you.

And by suggestions I mean pictures. . . There must be some classic watches out there apart from RobDads Black monsters.

This goes under a separate heading which will be entitled

I need it

Very nice. . . Now some of you can stop crying

Waterproof watches

Quote Originally Posted by MacDeath
    This goes under a separate heading which will be entitled

I need it

Very nice. . . Now some of you can stop crying

That will look nice on your bedside table - you'll be wearing your Seiko monster on most days! If you think the lume on that Breitling is good you might be in for a surprise!

As long as it scares the living _ _ _ _ out of the cat when I use it to illuminate the way to the loo at night without waking family up. . .

Sounds good Rob

Master

And by accident whilst browsing. . .

I found this

Which was nice. . .

(A nod in the direction of the sadly missed fast show)
    Yes - but which way is up?

Quote Originally Posted by seikokiller
    Some of the watches in this thread made me want to cry...
    Only some? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Which way is up depends on what you are drinking and for how long at the time someone asks you the time. . .

But if you look at the cost of one of these then you will be looking at it in a revolving glass case surrounded by your own personal security team. . . Armed of course and all probably sporting G shocks and thinking wouldn't have one if I had the money.

On that note what watch would you buy / have that you would never dare to wear.

But if not please post your suggestions that we may weep with you. . . Or for you.

And by suggestions I mean pictures. . . There must be some classic watches out there apart from RobDads Black monsters.
    Citizen eco-drive.

Cheap and cheerful, and they have tonnes of stuff that looks hideous enough to appease you.

Citizen eco-drive.

Cheap and cheerful, and they have tonnes of stuff that looks hideous enough to appease you.
    Have you got a pair of white shoes as well? : )

But seriously folks. . . Nice looking watches but the name citizen just reminds me of cheap watches from when I was a kid. . . I am afraid (Be very afraid) that I have champagne taste but I am in a chippy. . .

Can of Tizer please

Citizen eco-drive.

But seriously folks. . . Nice looking watches but the name citizen just reminds me of cheap watches from when I was a kid. . . I am afraid (Be very afraid) that I have champagne taste but I am in a chippy. . .

Can of Tizer please
    Then spend the money and have done.

My 'daily beater' is a Glycine Combat Sub. Not a huge amount of money by the standards of the guys with safes full of luxury swiss stuff, but certainly all the watch I can afford. Put it this way: the second most expensive thing I own is on my wrist every day, and I know it's going to get some dings, potentially fatal ones, but as long as I enjoy it while I've got it, I'll have no regrets.

My 'daily beater' is a Glycine Combat Sub. Not a huge amount of money by the standards of the guys with safes full of luxury swiss stuff, but certainly all the watch I can afford. Put it this way: the second most expensive thing I own is on my wrist every day, and I know it's going to get some dings, potentially fatal ones, but as long as I enjoy it while I've got it, I'll have no regrets.
    Which version which colour. . . Any pics please?

Waterproof watches

Quote Originally Posted by seikokiller
    Citizen eco-drive.

Can of Tizer please
    Then spend the money and have done.

The Glycine is a lovely looking watch IMHO - however, the reason I suggested the Seiko Monster was related to the slightly fugly design - I think mac death wants something a little more individual looking ;-)

Breil BW0426? Large, bold, waterproof chrono on rubber for small money:

Breil BW0426? Large, bold, waterproof chrono on rubber for small money:
    Now that is a sexy looking watch. . .

Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
    [info][add][mail]
    Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Douglas Adams sadly missed

Master

splash out and get a black monster and an orange monster

Does anyone have thoughts and or pictures on Oris divers watches, a friend of mine has one and on his skinny wrist it looks like the hub cap off a Willis Jeep with hands on (don't know the model though waiting for a better pic to be emailed)

Certainly fits the chunky spec and more importantly for me. . . It doesn't have the name Casio* on it. . .

*None intended I hasten to add see posts above for reasons why.

No rush. . . Sat staring at the screen with a flask of coffee and sandwiches : )

Coffee's gone cold. . .

But still here waiting. . . No rush : )

The new Oris Aquis line seems to be a bit more slimmed than previous versions, have a look: http://www.oris.ch/collections/collecti ... odelid=412

Oh, you actually wanted the chunky design. In that case the earlier designs will suit you better.
    I have no personal experience of them but I've hardly ever heard a negative thing about them besides the integrated bracelet design.

A quote

Suunto Core All Black Watch: to suit military personnel seeking a no-compromise stealth black product. All Black Suunto Core has a distinctive plain flexible strap, now with all black anodised fasteners and a low glow face ideal for military personnel operating in low light conditions. The tough body protects a large screen with functions developed from the tried and trusted Suunto Vector which has served military servicemen so well over many years.

And it goes on and on etc etc but they seem to have a rough and tough image.

But can they out shock a G shock. . . Or not

The search goes on (and on and on and on)

Ref the new Oris or any other small face or 'delicate watch@ my wrists are 7 and a half inches which makes smaller watches look a little like toys or . . . Well silly.

I prefer chunky watches in general but as I get older ( and older and older) the chunky watch has more chance of being seen without reading glasses.

Having said that about wrists is there such a thing as an average wrist?

The more I look the more I cant make my mind up.

Can someone set up a battered and really the worse for wear forum. . .

Or you would be mad to take this on but it needs a good home forum. . .

Or even (make one up)