closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Aerospace

Aerospace

It's funny, but the two watches that I keep hearing WIS's saying have to be tried in order to be a fully-fledged member of this sometimes ridiculous club are both quartz; the Tuna and the Aerospace. I owned the former for long enough to fall completely in love with it, and now - after a couple of years of resistance - I own the latter.

What a watch! By far the most comfortable thing I've ever had on my wrist, and a watch that's just... I don't know, fit for purpose.

In my notional "reduced to three" collection, this would be firmly in it.

Re: Aerospace

Really fantastic photos (as always!) - the second one down in particular has me hooked... had been eyeing one of these recently on SC - this may push me over the edge :-)

Blog Entries

Gorgeous photos as always! I really want to love the aerospace. I tried it on @ a local dealer, since it has been somewhat of a grail to me for years, but I just can't handle the titanium. Makes it feel like a toy imho. And the bezel feels way too tinny. It sure looks lovely though and if you like titanium, I'm sure you'll love it!

It looks like the ultimate fit-for-purpose tool watch.

Haven't tried one. Yet :)

Interested to hear your thoughts as to how it compares to the TAG Heuer Chronotimer ana/digi Tony.

Banned

Nice to see you buying a proper watch for a change.

I quite like the offset bezel on this model too :lol:

Thanks for the comments about the photos, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Marios
    It looks like the ultimate fit-for-purpose tool watch.

Haven't tried one. Yet :)

Interested to hear your thoughts as to how it compares to the TAG Heuer Microtimer ana/digi Tony.
    Funny you should say that, because I was just musing on that very subject - the TAG was probably a better-engineered watch but my initial impression is that this is far, far more wearable. It's lighter, flatter, and easier to wear under a cuff; it also looks the biz, obviously, worn casually.

Both bloody nice watches, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66
    Nice to see you buying a proper watch for a change.

I quite like the offset bezel on this model too :lol:
    :evil:

Lovely. I wouldn't be without mine, it's a cracking bit of kit 8)

Lovely photos although the bezel position does make me twitch a little..

I agree - I think the Aerospace is singularly the most comfortable, useful and handsome watch I've owned. I think that the weight (or lack of) and the fact that it's SQ, rather than a mech mov, count against it in WIS terms but in the real world it's fabulous.

Let's not mention the bezel position, because I'm not taking the bloody things again :lol:

I said exactly the same thing last year about the Aerospace, I was never interested until I actually tried one and it's an amazing watch especially the later 42mm version. Good watch to wear with a suit because it fits so nicely under cufflinks and it has everything you need with incredible accuracy.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Looks great Tony. congratulations :)

Grand Master

Hold on, according to another thread here, all Breitlings are huge, chunky, bling and busy - not brushed, lightweight, low-profile and easy to read. Ah, what to do :)

Great photos. I much liked this one as well, but bought a Colt GMT instead. The lack of pushers and all-crown operation makes it tricky for most lefties to use accurately, so I had to pass.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Lovely pictures, lovely watch. I'm not much of a quartz fan myself, but my Aerospace does have indeed the 'quelque chose'. My missus, who barely tolerates my WISdom these days, still says that I should never part with it as it's one of her very few favourites. Who am I to disagree? :D

i thought the speedmaster was the definitive uber-wis piece :?:
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath
    That's what I thought too tbh :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath
    That too!

Very much agree, Tony. I love mine, and it is just a very practical and comfortable watch. Great to hear you enjoy yours too :)

Mine says hi:

Cheers,
    Henrik

I'm on my second Avantage now - currently having a once over at Breitling. Lovely case and agree with the comments about its lightness and thinness being a good thing. A proper HAQ thermocompensated movement too, with some interesting features.

Photos = 8)

Master

I'll have first refusal when you inevitably flip this, ok?

:P

Quote Originally Posted by ach5
    I'll have first refusal when you inevitably flip this, ok?

:P
    :twisted:

Master

To date i've had 3 of the newer 42mm version of the Aerospace (2 x black & 1 x white/silver dial) and i have to say that i will probably have another sooner or later. Everything about the watch feels "right" and i think if i ever had to go just to one watch this would be it, it does everything anyone could require. It looks great with suit of jeans, the AR on the flat crystal is just the coolest thing, looking at it sometimes you think nothing is there 8)

The perfect watch? Mmmm, as i said i've had 3 and the only thing that sort of gets me is i have a GW 5600 that does everything the Aero does at a fraction on the cost, thats why they've gone............................................bu t then i've always had to get another :D

And theses pics arent helping :bom:

you need to try an X33..... :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704
    I almost did :lol:

Craftsman

Well If you do get around to the X33 you'll be even more pleased than with the breitling I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by WingTsun
    Nice one, Tony. Don't let Bea see it, though, or she'll be ordering you to offload it on SC within the week. :lol: :lol:
    Funnily enough, she just saw the box, pulled up my sleeve and said "That's ugly"!

I'm hoping she meant the watch :lol:

Blog Entries

It's nonsense to say that I have to own one.. but it's not nonsense to say that it's a nice watch.

I do like a couple of Breitling offerings.. the Heritage 46 to name one.. and have owned.. and enjoyed.. a Breitling myself.

I wouldn't struggle with owning a quartz neither.. I've taken delivery of a quartz piece today.

:)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly
    Funnily enough, she just saw the box, pulled up my sleeve and said "That's ugly"!
    You obviously have a lady with good taste :wink:

I don't know.....

I love them, and i hate them.

There's nothing quite like them, and for what they are they're perfect.

But at the same time, I tire of them very easily.

I have to stick them away in their boxes, and only bring them out and wear for short bursts

But those short bursts are really enjoyable moments.

I'm now on my 8th Aerospace

I love them and i hate them

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Picasso
    I don't know.....

I love them, and i hate them.

There's nothing quite like them, and for what they are they're perfect.

But at the same time, I tire of them very easily.

I have to stick them away in their boxes, and only bring them out and wear for short bursts

But those short bursts are really enjoyable moments.

I'm now on my 8th Aerospace

I love them and i hate them
    Begging to be forgiven for being slightly OT here, but your comments are interesting for me as this is exactly the way I feel about my ExplorerII 42mm. ''Short bursts, enjoyable moments'', hmmmm, nail on the head for me.
    Back on track however, I've always loved the 'instrument, tool, professional' look of the Aerospace, it's sort of unique in a way, something that no other watch looks like really. However, although the 42mm diameter is fine, the fact it's quartz & titanium & light would always preclude me from buying one. I just can't get over the quartz predjudice that I have for some illogical reason.
    It really is a super 'looking' watch though.

The Aerospace looks like a very nice watch - Which would you guys prefer out of the Aerospace and the X-33?

Master

Yay! That Tag was never going to fill the Aero gap.

Tony, how do you find it compares to the Airwolf that you owned for a while? They must be similar at their SQ hearts, but they are quite different in philosophy. Was the Airwold (too) massive in comparison, or do you lament the loss of heft and chunkiness?

D

Life is like a fridge , you only get out what you put in !
    Blog Entries

Bloody photo's .... Stop it !!!

Aerospaces are the mutt's nutts, the king of ana-digitals. The most comfortable watch that I own, great size, discrete.

It also gets by far the most compliments of all my watches. More than my JLCs, Pateks, Rolexes, IWCs.

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc
    Tony, how do you find it compares to the Airwolf that you owned for a while? They must be similar at their SQ hearts, but they are quite different in philosophy. Was the Airwold (too) massive in comparison, or do you lament the loss of heft and chunkiness?

D
    To be honest, on my 6.75" wrist the Aerospace wins every time. I guess they're also as different as they are similar (if you know what I mean) and the very simple dial of this one is (to me) far more wearable. Reading the comments above, the weight issue divides opinion; strangely, when I had the Zenith Ultra Thin it's lightness bothered me, but I like the feel of the titanium a lot.

Hehe...

I thought you had scratched that itch..

I still have mine though.. love it.

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704
    You sait it, Peter! :wink:

Even if I am not a fan of quartz I like this Breitling......I tried on and it is very comfortable....the last pics is amazing....that dail looks like green/violet....cool..

I had an Aerospace and It was the most accurate watch I have ever owned. :)

Just couldn't stand how the lugs on the bezel caught on everything. :(

I have a Tuna now and I love it. :D
    I'm just a very naughty boy.

Good deals with- VINSTINK, kevkojak, Optimum, Omegary, seikoking, acg, SPEEDY, kfman, Card Shark, wajhart, Jot, danboy, zenomega, gaz64, minke, Mal52, Alas, norfolkngood, Sparky, rdwiow, mrteatime, gravedodger, joeytheghost, lordoftheflies, Silver Hawk, Filterlab, brooksy, marmisto, Fray Bentos, Bootsy, Harvey69, Mantisgb, bristolboozer, Jedadiah, newtohorology, Zephod, jimm1, Draygo, Raptor.

I may have forgot one or two, apppologies.

Quote Originally Posted by luddite
    I had an Aerospace and It was the most accurate watch I have ever owned. :)

Just couldn't stand how the lugs on the bezel caught on everything. :(

I have a Tuna now and I love it. :D
    Yep, they are suit jacket lining rippers! Only happened once; luckily I don't have to wear suits very often and when I do I'm normally wearing a dress watch :)

I have considered a new Aerospace many times as I have a deep love for Ana-digis and TC'ed high accuracy quartz movement. But I simply can not wrap my head around the prices of these watches new. $4300 USD for a new one with Pro II bracelet is beyond obscene. AD's rarely discount more than 25% off and the depreciation on Breitlings is pretty steep.

The Aerospace new is about 50% overpriced, IMHO. Second hand models seem to be a much better proposition. I check the sales forum from time to time but I have yet to see the "perfect" one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JapanWatchConnection
    I have considered a new Aerospace many times as I have a deep love for Ana-digis and TC'ed high accuracy quartz movement. But I simply can not wrap my head around the prices of these watches new. $4300 USD for a new one with Pro II bracelet is beyond obscene. AD's rarely discount more than 25% off and the depreciation on Breitlings is pretty steep.

The Aerospace new is about 50% overpriced, IMHO. Second hand models seem to be a much better proposition. I check the sales forum from time to time but I have yet to see the "perfect" one for me.

First you need a clear idea of what your perfect model is, then place a WTB.

I put up a very specific request for the one I consider to be mine (black face, Avantage model but pre-grid on the dial) and within about an hour I'd been offered one and bought it :shock: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Plake
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanWatchConnection

First you need a clear idea of what your perfect model is, then place a WTB.

I put up a very specific request for the one I consider to be mine (black face, Avantage model but pre-grid on the dial) and within about an hour I'd been offered one and bought it :shock: :lol:

Yes definitely. :wink:

Wearing mine today (the earlier E65362). Had it more than a year (a record for me since WISdom) and can't imagine I'll be selling it.

As for the bezel position, easily done and I'd love to see your face when you finally noticed that :D

I've just completed the sale of mine to Kiki Picasso. Great watch that oozed quality but I always picked up something more classically styled to wear. It will be missed, but a few too many £'s to have tied up in a very occasional wearer for a man of my meagre resources!

Quote Originally Posted by marcus fenix
    Wearing mine today (the earlier E65362). Had it more than a year (a record for me since WISdom) and can't imagine I'll be selling it.

As for the bezel position, easily done and I'd love to see your face when you finally noticed that :D
    It wasn't a pretty sight :twisted:

Coincidentally, a year is my record too - the 1675, which is still going strong. I think a few of the current crop will exceed that too.