closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Some more ideas for military timepieces...

Some more ideas for military timepieces...

with something for spacegoers and some not so real military:

This last pic shows the Eagle Military watch strap- my favorite covered type watch strap.

Master

AH!

Hi there Type-6 CP,

Where can one get those excellent-looking straps? I'm in the UK and I've been looking for them for ages, particularly the covered-face one.

Regards

JasonG

Grand Master

Re: AH!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonG
    Hi there Type-6 CP,

Where can one get those excellent-looking straps? I'm in the UK and I've been looking for them for ages, particularly the covered-face one.

Regards

JasonG
    Hello Jason,

So far I only know of American manufacturers. Perhaps another forum member can point out European ones.

In the US, covered watchstarps are manufactered e.g. by both Eagle Industries and Blackhawk Industries.
    http://www.blackhawkindustries.com/prod ... id=2002&d=
    http://www.eagleindustries.com/, then search for "watch"

An internet search should find you suppliers, perhaps even in Europe.

A word of caution, though: In my view, a covered watchband should be designed in such a way that the covering flap can be velcroed in an open position as well for when you have to check time frequently. I used to have one years ago which would flap around when in the open position, and that is not good.

Does your Eagle band velcro in the open position, Type 6 CBP?

Best regards,

Crusader
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Eagle Covered, my problem exactly..

It does not velcro open easily, I fold the velcro to attach itself in open position but it is a crude way to doing it. Eagle should have the strap modified for both positions. I will take mine to a tailor someday and have this added :evil:

Hi JasonG

I don't know where in Europe, but Crusader has mentioned two sources that will probably ship overseas. The Eagle strap is the highest quality I have found. It is great to wear on special days, but daily wear gets a little bulky at times. I use it when I need to have the illumination covered, whenever I am nightcrawling :?