closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Looking for a G10

Journeyman

Looking for a G10

Good day all,

I would like to purchase an issued CWC or Precista G10 to go with my British military collection. The condition of the watch is much more important than the date. What is the best source? I see that Anchor Supplies has them in stock. There is also a nice selection on Ebay. The seller needs to be willing to ship to the U.S.

Many thanks,

Ed

Master

Re: Looking for a G10

Anchor Supplies are fine from my experience. Pretty good on price as well, I think.

I bought 2 g10 cwc watches fron anchor supplies. The first was a nos from 1989 which was dead when I put a battery in at home. The other was a 1980 cwc and that would stop. I had the money back on the dead watch and the other sent for repair. After waiting for weeks it arrived working but with a mark on the dial. I cut my losses and sold the watch.
    However, mbradio on ebay sells good watches but they are pricey compared to private sellers.

Peter

When buying from Anchor supplies you can never know what CWC G10 you will get,

you'd better buy from a good seller on ebay so that you will get the exact watch you see on the screen !

:)

Journeyman

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will be watching Ebay.

Ed

I bought several G10's from Anchor & had no problems with them until one of them stopped working & I returned it under warranty.
    They told me it had failed due to water contamination (I don't take G10's near water as their water resistance is of course minimal at best) & I pointed this out to them & that if there was water damage it wasn't caused by me.
    Things got a bit unpleasant email wise until after me asking them to prove this one had been serviced & was damage free when sold to me they backed down & gave me a refund. The watches are I imagine sent away in batches to be "serviced" & I reckon this one slipped the net & no-one spotted the water damage. The fact that when I asked them to prove the service had taken place they refunded me, did I think prove that.
    If it had been the first watch i'd bought from them & returned I might understand them thinking I was trying it on, but I'd bought a lot (CWC & Precista G10's) from them as I used to collect them & always bought from Anchor. I'd never returned a watch before for anything like this so their reaction rather surprised & angered me.
    Needless to say I don't buy from them anymore :wink:

Master

Fair enough - my experience has been 100% successful, although that was 1 out of 1, so may not be indicative.

Journeyman

if you want project watches or are prepared to buy "sold as seen" its always worth keeping an eye on MOD Sales auction section of the website, they are honest watches and some being disposed of are unissued so not been worn previously....

they have two on the site at the moment due to finish tonight I think...

see Here

I have bought from Anchor and always found them OK. I often buy them for ex military colleagues as Christmas gifts.

Journeyman

How many did you want??

G10's for sale

Journeyman

or better still an un-issued watch dated 2005....??

Here

Looking for a G10

You can get them from http://www.mod-sales.com It's the forces surplus disposal site. They've got a seiko gen1 on there at the moment too.