closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any other Tutima owners out there?

Any other Tutima owners out there?

This is the only one I have. It was a labour of love brining it back from the dead
    I would never part with it.

It’s on a nicer strap now
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 29th September 2020 at 19:18.

Where did you get the strap? Looks great

Poslano sa mog SM-G960F koriste?i Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by martyloveswatches View Post
    Where did you get the strap? Looks great
    The first is an old German issued Bund which is very uncomfortable.
    The latter is a Di Model waterproof which seems to be a popular choice going by this thread.

As stated above, it is a Di-Modell Chronissimo, but also check out the pilot strap too.
    Both, at 20mm, flare to exactly the right size for the case edges on the Tutima.
    But be warned, both are very substantial and get quite hot when the weather is warm (unlikely for a few months)
    Dave

Will check. Tnx

As a long time owner of both Sinn and Damasko watches there are two other brands that I'm keen to try, one is Guinand and the other Tutima.

A DI300 would be great, gutted I missed the one on SC not that many weeks back.

Quote Originally Posted by martyloveswatches View Post
    Lets bring this up...
    Very happy to see you're enjoying the DI 300, Martin!

As for leather straps, I think the Di-Modell Chronissimo (as pictured several times in this thread) is worth a try:

https://di-modell.com/en/products/ai...simo-1370-mens

Found it. Tnx
    And yes, watch is a peach. It is one of that "do it all" watches...it is 44mm but wears smaller due to design, only 12mm thick, light (titanium), classic and utilitarian dial, wonderful bracelet, crown action, accuracy (eta2824), etc., and date switches spot on 0.00

Overall, above expectasions...and I recently saw great yellow and orange so anyone in pursuit, I can highly recommend DI300 in any combo

No more love for this amazing brand ?

...lets move this topic up

I am rather partial..

plus a Pacific I can't find a snap of

Master
    Here's my Grand Classic with the lovely beads of rice bracelet.

Master

1941 flieger chronograph. I bought this last November from a German dealer via Chrono24. It’s a full set, including the little book about the model that’s written in German. I know I paid over the odds for it, but I liked the look of it on the beads of rice bracelet. The dealer claimed it had been serviced immediately prior to sale. As it was running at plus 15 seconds a day I sent it to WatchGuy for a proper service. It’s now running at less than plus two seconds a day.

Most watches that come my way don’t hang around too long. Prior to joining this community I owned just one watch for eight years or so. Now they come and go with alarming regularity. The Hanhart 417 ES reissue was traded. In truth, it was 2mm too large for me. I wasn’t keen on the hands, either. The crown wasn’t as big as I expected it to be. My Hanhart Pioneer Dual Timer should be with a new owner tomorrow.

But I think this Tutima could stay. I love the cathedral hands and the bracelet. The large crown makes winding easy. It’s also just under 40mm in size, which suits me better. I’ve a fair amount of cash tied up in this model, but I don’t begrudge it.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    Here's my Grand Classic with the lovely beads of rice bracelet.

Image1612878226.324310.jpg

I bought this one recently as I loved the burgundy dial. I tend to like wearing a small chronograph with a suit as it fits better than the dive watches that tend to be my other daily wearers.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I had mine out the other day, great watch; here with its predecessor:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    What a fantastic photo! Every time I see this picture of your DI 300, I admire your photography skills. (And, of course, the DI 300 is a superb watch.)

Master

1941 Flieger chrono on the beads of rice bracelet. Decided to wear it this weekend. I like the Tutima script and the understated T logo that’s barely a logo at all. “German Made” at the bottom of the dial. No superfluous text. Been languishing on SC for a while, but it’s no hardship if it stays.

Bought this off eBay recently and very pleased. I think it was a total bargain and there were no other bids. I think even the seller was a bit surprised, but he was very gracious about it. Has a really solid feel to it, but light and not too big on the wrist for 42mm. An instant favourite and I'm very much converted to the brand. I will definitely be on the lookout for them now

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    Bought this off eBay recently and very pleased. I think it was a total bargain and there were no other bids. I think even the seller was a bit surprised, but he was very gracious about it. Has a really solid feel to it, but light and not too big on the wrist for 42mm. An instant favourite and I'm very much converted to the brand. I will definitely be on the lookout for them now
    Beautiful, always wanted one but never managed to get hold of one, may take another look.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post

If I'd noticed that you would have had a rival bidder! I occasionally look on C24 for these but rarely ebay, I guess that serves me right