closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Surprised nobody has mentioned Smiths yet...

Master

Surprised nobody has mentioned Smiths yet...

I don't know much about them, but I had heard (when I first started collecting watches) that they are quite collectible.

What was special about them?

Does anyone here have one? Any pictures?

Ive had dozens of the Smiths and I'm sure I can dig out some photographs. It is my dearest wish to make a re-issue of the Smiths but Smiths won't play ball; they told me they had no desire to see their name on the dial of a watch ever again.

Reasons quoted included:

Couldn't control the quality.
    People would still send them back to them if they went wrong or needed servicing.
    They still get a dozen or so watches returned for service or repair each week.

Strange thing is, they have licensed their name for cheap quartz clocks. I think this has more to do with keeping the trademark registration valid than any wish to sell clocks. If you have a registered trademark and don't use it, someone could challenge the registration.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    Reasons quoted included:

Couldn't control the quality.
    People would still send them back to them if they went wrong or needed servicing.
    They still get a dozen or so watches returned for service or repair each week.

Strange thing is, they have licensed their name for cheap quartz clocks. I think this has more to do with keeping the trademark registration valid than any wish to sell clocks. If you have a registered trademark and don't use it, someone could challenge the registration.

Eddie
    There's no accounting for folk, they must be nuts. Just do one with Precista and be done with it :wink:
    Gray