closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I only have 1 watch :shock:

Craftsman

I only have 1 watch :shock:

:shock:
    I have had my fair share of watches over the past few years, some I really miss, but all are missed at least a bit.
    We have just been burgled for the second time this year and All I have now is the watch I was wearing when my wife, myself and our 4 month old daughter went out for the afternoon.
    Th bastards took my computer along with everything else, watches, guitars, tv, stereo etc etc so I have lost all my watch pics exept for those that are on my web space so I thought I'd post the link to my pics for anyone who might be interested.

Cheers and be carefull out there.....

Joff

http://homepage.mac.com/jon.palmer/PhotoAlbum1.html

Password: pilot

P.S Typing this on an antique powermac from the loft :?

Master
    I'm really sorry to hear that Joff. Man that totally sucks!
    Cheers,
    Bruce

Thomas Reid
    Sorry to hear that Joff! I hope that the insurance money will allow you to get some nice replacements. It is probably too much to hope that they burglers get arrested.

Best wishes,
    Bob

Master
    Very sorry to hear that. And what a nasty invasion of your life and privacy :evil:

Best of luck,
    Gert

Craftsman
    that sucks, I hope things work out

Leon

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I really feel for you joff.

To be burgled once is bad enough but twice is a real shit to say the least :x

I hope it was the speedmaster you were wearing.

Cheers,

Ben.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

So sorry to hear this.

I hope the thieving bastards get what they deserve...

Glad that you and your family did not come in harms way at least.

/Stefan

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier
    Sorry to hear that Joff! I hope that the insurance money will allow you to get some nice replacements. It is probably too much to hope that they burglers get arrested.

Best wishes,
    Bob
    What he said. I hope they left the sentimental items that are truely irreplaceable [photo albums, etc]

Grand Master
    Sorry to hear that. Can't really add to the others' words, except to say I second them.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

So sorry to hear about your unlucky break. I think we should bring back public flogging.
    Do email me if you want to borrow a G-shock for whatever purpose.

:(

Sorry to hear about that. Having been burgled 3 times + 1 narrowly aborted attempt over 11 years, I know how wretched the experience can be - and I didn't lose as much as you have.

Hope you and your wife get over it soonish...

Steve.

Bastards! I feel for you.

Master
    My commisserations.
    Have been burgled twice here in London. it is my nightmare that the next time they clear the house.

That really sucks and I hope they catch the bastards. I installed a safe about a year ago for my watches after my neighbor across the street was burgled. They would have had a field day with the watches in nice burlwood display cases.

Master
    A wonderful replacement buying opportunity. Enjoy! :)

Master
    Sorry to hear your news - perhaps you should check out ebay in case the scroats try to fence the watches that way [i've heard of it happening]

Tim

Likewise Joff sorry to hear the news, brings the thoughts of who might have wanted to do it, not knowing your location.. have you sold anything recently? given your address to anyone that knew you collect watches?
    as a previous poster noted watch out at boot sales and fleabay,

hope you are insured...

take care

gadget

Journeyman
    Sorry to hear that they did this to you. I hope things work out with the insurance company and trying to recover some of your property.

Sorry to hear it Joff, it?s a bummer. I hope you were insured.

john

PS To any around the world who might be interested ... the police in the UK do not bother to investigate burglaries ... this is more or less official as it has been reported in the press. The chances of catching the perpetrators are nil and the jails are full so they don't even make the effort to take a report.
    THIN is the new BLACK

Sorry to hear of your bad news Joff. :(

Luckily all the family are OK. :)

As an aside have you ever thought of buying a nice fierce dog?

They are the best burglar alarms around.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Hey

Sorry to hear your news - bastards is all I can say.
    At least you were all ok and not harmed at all.

All the best

Bastards :evil:

Really sorry to hear about that Jon...if there's anything I can do to help then just ask.

Sanjay

I'm really sorry to hear this. Your news reinforces what I've been thinking for a while. I really should get a safe. I think I'll have to get one sooner rather than later.

Joff,

really sorry to hear the bad news, best of luck with recovering what you can, and best wishes to you and yours in coping with this,

Yours,

kamraj

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee
    I'm really sorry to hear this. Your news reinforces what I've been thinking for a while. I really should get a safe. I think I'll have to get one sooner rather than later.
    Any Idea how to keep watches dry in a safe in the garage? I have one big mutha on the floor and a shotgun cabinet bolted to the wall but I think the damp might be an issue so at the moment are in a box in the wardrobe :shock:

[quote=inspector gadget]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Phil Lee":2kzgm5dm
    Any Idea how to keep watches dry in a safe in the garage? I have one big mutha on the floor and a shotgun cabinet bolted to the wall but I think the damp might be an issue so at the moment are in a box in the wardrobe :shock:[/quote:2kzgm5dm]

No idea if this would work or not so don't hold me to it but maybe you could use some desiccant packs like they put in electronics packaging.

Master
    Blog Entries
    [quote=inspector gadget]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Phil Lee":vtspnpyh
    Any Idea how to keep watches dry in a safe in the garage? I have one big mutha on the floor and a shotgun cabinet bolted to the wall but I think the damp might be an issue so at the moment are in a box in the wardrobe :shock:[/quote:vtspnpyh]

There are anti-moisture products used to keep guns safe from moisture - VP90 rings a bell - try Napier of London. I keep a sachet in my gun case and have never had a rust problem. They last 6 months or 1 year hence can't remember name!

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha
    Sorry to hear Joff.

As said, hope you can get back to normal & you get everything replaced.
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

Master
    Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Hope they can be recovered.

Sorry to hear that. Perhaps some details on the watches so that comrades can keep watchful eyes on Ebay in order to perhaps catch them in the act of selling them?

Bastards. :evil:

Really sorry to read this :cry:

Cheers

Foggy

Journeyman
    I can only reflect and repeat what everyone else has said...its really really awful.
    I still wear with great pleasure the Speedy 57 re-issue, although that will be of no consulation.

Steve

Master
    Very Sorry to hear about your problems. I was burgled three times in two years many years ago. I would gladly have murdered the perpetrators!!
    Cheers,]
    Martin

Craftsman
    Thanks everyone :)

I know we will get sorted out in the end.

Cheers

Joff

Master
    Sorry for you Joff :( i hate these shitbags that rob houses.
    and like john said the police probably wont even bother,
    seems this is normal nowdays.

karl.

Shropshire, UK, by the grace of God. dougdarter@aol.com
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas
    Sorry to hear it Joff, it?s a bummer. I hope you were insured.

john

PS To any around the world who might be interested ... the police in the UK do not bother to investigate burglaries ... this is more or less official as it has been reported in the press. The chances of catching the perpetrators are nil and the jails are full so they don't even make the effort to take a report.
    I don't know if this is exactly true John.

When my Breitling collection was stolen (ironically just before it was due to be photographed for insurance valuation and therefore uninsured), the police were very good. The MET fine art squad even got involved. Nothing however was ever recovered.

What really got to me then, and sadly, Joff will now be feeling the same, is that some scroat was probably flogging my watches round pubs for next to nothing, trying to get some cash to spend on booze or drugs :evil:

What made these watches particularly difficult to trace, was that all the boxes and paperwork were with the watches, soI had no record of serial numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by doug darter

I don't know if this is exactly true John.

It's probably different in other parts of the country but such is the case in London.

john
    THIN is the new BLACK

Sorry to hear about your burglaries - when I hear stories like that I start thinking positively about the benefits of Sharia law - amputation for theft - sounds reasonable to me :)
    Searat

Damn! Sorry to hear this, hope you get insurance and all sorted out quickly and easily.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Joff,

Terrible to hear - it is a heart wrenching experience to have your own personal space violated :cry:

My father had the same experience last year - the silver lining was that after a lot of faffing around with the insurance he got a reasonable settlement.

He had to replace his Richmond Spencer (two weeks old :evil:) direct from Eddie though (anyone else had two RSs in their possession?)

It turned out his collection of about twenty watches (stolen) turned into a Rolex GMT II a Rolex Explorer, a Omega Seamaster and a couple of nice Citizen quartz. So it was a sort of rationalisation.

Not a good experience but there was a reasonably good result at the end of it all.