closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Traser P6500 date model latest

Traser P6500 date model latest

Just found this on Ebay, I have all Jul 03, this is the first Aug 03 that I have seen, seems to have polymer strap. I don't like the date model, however.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=7303 :shock:

Why do Traser pretend to be military issue with all the nonsense on the back ?? I've nothing against Traser (I own an earlier model), but I wish they didn't do this.

Regards

Foggy

The Traser Story

The P6500 is a remake of the original SandY P650 with a couple of imprvements (i.e. flush bezel) and maybe a new weakness (the spring bars). This is essentially the same watch made by the same manufacturer, but no longer for Stocker & Yale the U.S. Government, directly. The history of this watch can be found at the KHS Traser watch website.

http://www.traser-watches.com/Deskto...Id=en&tabId=72

The information on the back of the watch states the details of the watch.
    I am not sure which line of information you do not agree with. I don't like the spelling of "millcuries" I think it should be "millicuries". Other than that, the rest of the information is correct and accurate, down to the production date "Jul 03" The date helps to judge the age of the watch, the battery condition and the luminosity relative to new.

Best Regards :wink:

Is the Traser really mil-spec to specifications MIL-W-46374F ? That is my question. It may be, I don't know. If not, IMHO, then it is misleading information. Also, despite many claims elsewhere, I have never heard of an issued Traser watch. Granted, many service people use them, but to my knowledge none has ever been issued. I'd love to see information to the contrary.

Best Regards

Foggy

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy
    Is the Traser really mil-spec to specifications MIL-W-46374F ? That is my question. It may be, I don't know. If not, IMHO, then it is misleading information. Also, despite many claims elsewhere, I have never heard of an issued Traser watch. Granted, many service people use them, but to my knowledge none has ever been issued. I'd love to see information to the contrary.

Best Regards

Foggy
    I understand that the P 6500 is exactly made to the F-version of the spec. Mind you, that version of the spec has now been superseded by the G-version which mandates, e.g., a bi-directional bezel. The P 6500 does not have that. In overall quality, the P 6500 is certainly an improvement (bezel, no. of jewels of movement) over the SandY.

I suggest to call it a reissue/replica (but note that it is by the same manufacturer as the SandYs!).

As to the claim of it being a military (i.e. used by the military, through unit purchases for e.g.) vs. issue (i.e. with a corresponding mil-spec/def-stan) watch, I think the lines have become blurred recently because a lot more watches are being officially (that is either at unit or MoD/DoD level) used by the military than the ones procured through the QM system. I feel that "issue" watches are on their way out, and will be replaced by unit purchased watches.

We mil-watch/mil-style watch lovers will have to adapt to this changing situation.

Best regards,

Crusader
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

G-Spec is the latest, no doubt. There are some differences,

I think Crusader hit it on the head. The P6500 is made to issue Type-6 F specifications, but the G specification is the current spec and includes a couple of feature changes such as bidirectional turning bezel. Too bad the Marathon G Navigator is not up to par with P6500, otherwise I would have one of those in my daily wear.

Regards,

I suggest to call it a reissue/replica
    Thanks Crusader

Replica does make sense. Reissue I would expect to be the same as the P650 (spelling as well :wink: )

Thanks for the additional info.

Best Regards

Foggy

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy
    I suggest to call it a reissue/replica
    Thanks Crusader

Replica does make sense. Reissue I would expect to be the same as the P650 (spelling as well :wink: )

Thanks for the additional info.

Best Regards

Foggy
    Hello Foggy,

frankly, I think having the back of the P 6500 80% identical with the P 650 is overdone... but then again, I disagree with many current back designs, especially display backs and overdone engravings. For a mil- or mil-style watch, I prefer the back to be as functional and unpretentious as the front end. I cannot imagine taking a watch off in order to discuss the movement or inscription in a bar, e.g. But to each his own. :)

Best regards,

Crusader
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Grand Master

The weight comparison you had requested

Hell Type-6 CBP,

you had asked earlier about a weight comparison between the Marathon Navigator-G and the Traser P 6500.

I finally got around to doing it (I.e. I eventually found the letter scales again ...), and the results are in. You'll be as surprised as I am: The Traser weighs in at 41 grams, and the Marathon at ... 44 (both with American beefy straps, 20mm for the Marathon and 22mm for the Traser)!! Strapless the Traser's weight is 30.5 and the Marathon's 36.5 grams. :o

I double- and triple-checked that, but despite being visually smaller and lighter, the Marathon is definitely the heavier of the two. Maybe it is the more solid caseback... But kudos to the designers/engineers at Traser: mineral glass, metal crown and better bezel mechanism, and still almost 20% lighter than the Marathon! :)

Best regards,

Crusader
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

How much would this TRASER Model cost retail please?

Daz

Thanks, Crusader, I think we reached a milestone here..

knowing the weight definitely identifies advantage P6500 in this respect.

thanks for the test, as I do not have both watches. How's your new Marathon G?? any issues with the bezel? I want to get another one, but don't want to risk a broken bezel. But now that I know the weight difference, I really prefer the P6500 over the Marathon. I am wearing mine on a beefy strap right now. Boy I need to get more U.S. 22mm straps, they don't look as fancy as the NATO type, more basic looking :lol:

Now I am considering shipping my watch off to get water tested, I am itching to know what the true resistance is.

Traser P6500 cost

About 179 Euros. Not available in U.S. at retail, grey market maybe, but not retail..... :cry:

Whats the beefiest strap you can get for the P6500. I have just purchased one?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelpinky
    Whats the beefiest strap you can get for the P6500. I have just purchased one?
    Hello,

do you have the black composite or the stainless steel version?

I am presently using American military beefy straps for my composite, and also the black Waterborne 24mm (they are not available in 22mm) looks great. Eddie sells the Waterbornes.

But I am VERY keen to see the 22mm "Black Rhino" that Eddie has promised for November (see separate thread in the straps section). It will be hard to top that, I imagine.

Best regards,

Crusader
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")