closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Lapping machine - case example pics on page 3

Ouch - that is a serious case damage. While this thread has shown that Rocco can do miracles, I wonder if a service case (if that exists) from RSC wouldn't be a better option in this case.

Craftsman
    Stepped off a bike at speed ?

Quote Originally Posted by longbear View Post
    Ouch - that is a serious case damage. While this thread has shown that Rocco can do miracles, I wonder if a service case (if that exists) from RSC wouldn't be a better option in this case.
    A service case might well be worth considering but then, to a lot of people, it wouldn't be the same watch. Plus the second hand value would take a clout as it wouldn't have the original serial number.

It was bought as a challenge (a pretty severe one at that) but Rocco is one extremely determined individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomaitch View Post
    Stepped off a bike at speed ?
    No idea how the damage was caused but I don't think it's simply a case of road rash. The dial is bent, as well as a couple of plates in the movement, so it must of had a pretty high impact.

Cheers,
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Omegary View Post
    It was bought as a challenge (a pretty severe one at that) but Rocco is one extremely determined
    Cheers,
    Gary
    Make sense then (assuming Ricco is the buyer) as the hours expected to go into this project will be "interest time".

/Lars

Journeyman
    Just read all the thread, and it's one of the best I've seen in ages. Can i please have Rocco's contact details

thanks

I'm new to TZ-UK - I'm from WUS forum. Really enjoyed the before and after photos on this thread. I've sent you a PM Gary for Rocco's contact details.

Quote Originally Posted by anoetic View Post
    Just read all the thread, and it's one of the best I've seen in ages. Can i please have Rocco's contact details

thanks

Journeyman
    A service case might well be worth considering but then, to a lot of people, it wouldn't be the same watch. Plus the second hand value would take a clout as it wouldn't have the original serial number.

It was bought as a challenge (a pretty severe one at that) but Rocco is one extremely determined individual.

No idea how the damage was caused but I don't think it's simply a case of road rash. The dial is bent, as well as a couple of plates in the movement, so it must of had a pretty high impact.

Cheers,
    Gary
    If you can restore this i would call this watch Christine.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085333/

What a great thread this is.

Rocco picked up another project this weekend. Lord knows what happened to the watch but I fear for the arm of the owner!

Cheers,
    Gary
    Damn!

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Any pics of the crashed rolex rebuild/repair?!!

wow, sick! would never dream repairing things like these were possible at all. could someone please send me Rocco's contact details? cheers

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoris View Post
    wow, sick! would never dream repairing things like these were possible at all. could someone please send me Rocco's contact details? cheers
    http://www.watchworks.co.uk/contact.html

Apprentice
    While I will never achieve the mastery of Rocco, I am in the process of fabricating a "poor man's" version of a similar lapping machine using a Leeson 3/4 motor and a pan/tilt mount for the case holder.

Few more components need to be fabricated,but getting closer. Progress so far:

That's very interesting and good luck. What are you intending to use it for - re-lapping watch cases or something else?

Apprentice
    Here's an example of what lapping and micro welding can do:

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    That's very interesting and good luck. What are you intending to use it for - re-lapping watch cases or something else?
    Yes. I have a few vintage watch cases that need to be refreshed.

I

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrema View Post
    Here's an example of what lapping and micro welding can do:

Couple more:

Craftsman
    Not trying to make replica watches look like genuine ones are we......
    http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/sho...d.php?t=197564
    Last edited by Tomaitch; 29th January 2015 at 16:51.

Master
    That is borderline witchcraft, in years gone by people were burned as witches for that kind of magic.

I'm off to look for something old and battered in the auctions now.

Realy love what these machines can do b

Well, I read through the whole thread. I have some thoughts on this that conflicted.

I'm not keen on the idea of polishing but I'm also slightly hesitant to send a case off to get this done. I'm not sure whether I would want to do so to a watch I've owned for a considerable amount of time. As a project on a restoration that absolutely required it maybe but one with the odd scratch. It's difficult to know how I'd feel about that.

It truly is quite astounding work, though and I'm so tempted to find a beaten up watch to get this treatment, but one I've owned and known where the knocks came from, hmm I'm not so sure.

I missed the chance to get an extremely beaten up 8000 seiko, if I had I can imagine getting this done would have made it twice as much. But a buyer looking for an original? Meh. Something that to ponder on and I guess try it!

Superb thread! And now I need to sleep. Thanks so much to Gary for the effort here, too as well as admiration for the talents of Mr. Manfredi.

Rocco picked up another project this weekend. Lord knows what happened to the watch but I fear for the arm of the owner!

Cheers,
    Gary
    Knox armour wrist protection. I would like to see this one completed.

Cheers,
    Gary
    Hi Gary,

Any news on the BIG project?

Roccos biggest challenge I bet.

Journeyman
    Wow... Truly amazing work... I'll never look at a beat up watch the same again! I can't wait for the results of 'the work in progress'

Quote Originally Posted by SSTEEL View Post
    Damn!
    ouuuuch, I should imagine the wrist was in pretty poor shape as well ?

As another piece of work, Rocco has recently transformed this

Into this

I continue to commend his skills in this department, it is the 4th watch he has done for me, and I ma sure it will not be the last

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post

Into this

I continue to commend his skills in this department, it is the 4th watch he has done for me, and I ma sure it will not be the last

Dave
    That does look good, but is it a trick of the light or the angle of the photo, but does the starburst brushing towards the upper left lug look slightly odd to anyone else? Bottom right and left lugs look as if the pattern is radiating out from the centre. Top left looks as if it's running kind of horizontally. Can't quite see the top right area as it's out of focus.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by galewis View Post
    That does look good, but is it a trick of the light or the angle of the photo, but does the starburst brushing towards the upper left lug look slightly odd to anyone else? Bottom right and left lugs look as if the pattern is radiating out from the centre. Top left looks as if it's running kind of horizontally. Can't quite see the top right area as it's out of focus.

Gary
    You know, I thought that when I looked at that photo, and I have spent a short while lining up a ruler over the centre of the watch.
    The fact is, it is not quite radial, but it is waaaay closer than that photo makes it look. The angling away form the lens has accentuated it.
    Good spot
    D

Journeyman
    Now that is impressive work. Please put up some pics when the Rolex is done.

Hi guys

I contacted Rocco for my superocean which has a small dent on lower right lug. Unfortunately they do not take any overseas work as of now... a pain to me as Breitling can only propose a case change... does one of your know another "Rocco "?
    I'm really upset by that

Apprentice
    If you're in North America try.
    http://www.lawatchworks.com/index.html
    hello@lawatchworks.com
    https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/lawatchworks/

Quote Originally Posted by bricem13 View Post
    Hi guys

I contacted Rocco for my superocean which has a small dent on lower right lug. Unfortunately they do not take any overseas work as of now... a pain to me as Breitling can only propose a case change... does one of your know another "Rocco "?
    I'm really upset by that
    Last edited by Nfranco; 14th January 2017 at 21:31.

I'm can simply say just amazing how good these watches look given the before pictures.

Journeyman
    Very impressive craftsmanship on that rolex, I'm very very impressed.

Apprentice

Cheers,
    Gary
    Hi Gary,

Could you please send me contact details of your watch maker. Thanks in advance. Already sent you a PM as well.

Regards,
    Moeed

Apprentice
    Yes, it turned out cool.

Apprentice

Sunburst refinishing

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post

Into this

Dave
    Hi Dave,
    Who does this refinishing for you ? Do you have contact details ?
    Many Thanks

Apprentice

Sunburst refinishing

Quote Originally Posted by MoeedMughal View Post
    Hi Gary,

Could you please send me contact details of your watch maker. Thanks in advance. Already sent you a PM as well.

Regards,
    Moeed
    Gary,

Have you got the details of the guy that refinishes the Sunburst texture ?

Thanks Dave

Craftsman
    That's some amazing work.

After googling the problem of getting engraving removed,just after purchasing a watch with engraving on the SIDE of the case,not the case back,its good to see something can be done about it.

Sadly,its almost all one side (20 characters) so wondering how much it would cost or live with it.
    Will see had bad it is when it turns up!!

Journeyman
    Incredible what a machine like that can do. I didn't realise

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I know this is an old thread but it's well worth the read from start to finish.

Absolutely incredible.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    I know this is an old thread but it's well worth the read from start to finish.

Absolutely incredible.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    I'm shocked at how few of the machines are in the UK, if this thread is any indication one can recoup their investment pretty quickly fixing our mistakes!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    I've just read this thread from start to finish and I'm fascinated to say the least.