closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vintage Banana .....

Vintage Banana .....

I have started collecting vintage watches other than vintage rolex and vintage tudor for quite some time. Especially for vintage diver watches, I have just found these vintage diver watches are very interesting. I have bought this Japanese book and it is a very good reference for a wide variety of both vintage and contemporary diver watches.

Other than that, http://www.scubawatch.org is a very good reference as well.

Since then, I have collected vintage Seiko divers 150m ref : 6105 8110, and 300m ref : 6159-7000 ; Eterna Kontiki Super ; Longines Nonius ref : 8225 ; and Tudor BC 7924.

Seiko 150m (6105-8110)

Seiko 300m (6159-7000)

Eterna kontiki super

Longines Nonius (8225)

Tudor BC (7924)

This time, I have found this vintage diver with exotic dial and iconic sword type military hands, omega seamaster 200 ref : 166.068 which was produced in around 1970. Because of colorful exotic dial with the yellow color as the key tone, it is also “banana” seamaster.

[pic borrowed]

In additional to its exotic dial, it also come with a coca cola type bezel which makes it even looks more colorful. I think it is as colorful as the tudor monte carlo series. The size is about right, it is about 40mm with 22mm lug size.

Here is the wristshot. I think it will add colors to the coming summer.

Thanks for watching.

Re: Vintage Banana .....

Great watch, had one of these a few years ago.

The dials are apparently now no longer available from Omega CH (they've ran out!), but I noticed Watchco in Oz are still listing a couple NOS ones, might be of interest as a backup for anyone with one of these babies :)

Just two left!

Grand Master

can i see more of that 6159-7000 please, it's an absolute grail watch for me ever since i once bought one at a car boot for £10 (yes really) - and sold it on ebay when on one could repair it
    boy did i get a shock at how much it went for despite needing massive amounts of work, it's one of the catalysts for my wis-dom. if i knew then what i know now, i'd have hung onto it.
    iirc mine was very early, dating to 1968. it ran but massively slowly, the crown tube was gone and the crystal was near opaque!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry

The dials are apparently now no longer available from Omega CH (they've ran out!), but I noticed Watchco in Oz are still listing a couple NOS ones, might be of interest as a backup for anyone with one of these babies :)

Just two left!

Thanks David. Sor far, I have come across most of the banana dial out there is "SWISS MADE" instead of "T SWISS MADE T". I am wondering those dial with "SWISS MDE" is service dial ? Do you refer to the Watchco in Australis ?

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk
    can i see more of that 6159-7000 please, it's an absolute grail watch for me ever since i once bought one at a car boot for £10 (yes really) - and sold it on ebay when on one could repair it
    boy did i get a shock at how much it went for despite needing massive amounts of work, it's one of the catalysts for my wis-dom. if i knew then what i know now, i'd have hung onto it.
    iirc mine was very early, dating to 1968. it ran but massively slowly, the crown tube was gone and the crystal was near opaque!

Sure ..... here we go ..... some more photos of my 6159-7000 ..... :occasion5:

WOW!!!!!Great timepieces......Kontiki and Nonius superlative...

Amazing post. What great watches!

Journeyman

Great post - vintage Seiko divers are high on my "wish list". Nice collection.
    regards
    Terje

An interesting collection.

I love the Longines.

The Japanese certainly do some great watch books. Brilliant if you can read them.

I can't. :(
    Cheers,
    Neil.

lol i thought this was going to be a post about how you had bought a vintage watch off of The Flying Banana!!!

great collection and photos :)

Grand Master

simply beautiful, thank you! want one even more now!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bagel
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk

Sure ..... here we go ..... some more photos of my 6159-7000 ..... :occasion5:

ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

What a great collection and I love that Banana! I have one that I have to fit my newly arrived dial to... :)

Craftsman

Stunning watches , am loving the vintage look .

Stunning collection of vintage :D Banana's are just so cool

Amazing collection, esp the the BC and the Omega!
    Thank you for sharing!

Lovely divers, especially the 6159.

That Eterna is stunning.

Journeyman
    Washington, D.C., USA (dreaming of San Diego...)

The vintage Omega looks great - as do all of them. Love the big crown Tudor as well.

Thanks for sharing :)

Love the Nonius in particular, you don't see many of them around and yours looks to be in great condition.

Cheers,
    Gary

Recently fitted with a tropic band .... feels even better .... :P

The Banana is very nice but the Longines Nonius is fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry

Just two left!
    Mine's got an original dial, but I'm tempted to get a spare. I think that the bezel inserts are not available though.