closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oh Canada - and my CAF - and UPS

Journeyman

Oh Canada - and my CAF - and UPS

So my CAF is in Canada right now. Which wouldn't be bad, except I'm in the US :evil: A UPS mix-up sent my package to Vancouver instead of Washington. So now it'll be sent next-day-air back to me. Except "next day" is Saturday...so it'll be Monday. In the meantime I'll just have to look at the awesome photos everyone else is posting - and wait for Monday to finally arrive. :roll:

Re: Oh Canada - and my CAF - and UPS

:(

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Its following a: Germany, England, Canada, USA trail, blazed by the exiled František Pe?ina

I'd count yourself lucky :wink

Journeyman

Actually the last tracking report had it marked "returning to sender." Which means it would have been a Germany, England, USA, Canada, England, USA route. That's a lot of miles! Fortunately I think I stopped that from happening, but I wouldn't be totally surprised if it somehow ends up back at Eddie's.

Journeyman

So here's what "Brown" is doing for me. This is the latest tracking information (mis-information) from UPS. Keep in mind that I live in Seattle (Seattle metro area, actually) and that the watch already passed through here on it's way to BC. Plus, I'm on my second or third tracking number. I'm not sure what's going on there, but if this is the "tighest ship in the shipping business" Lord help us all!

Rockford, IL, United States 04/21/2012 7:03 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Columbus, OH, United States 04/21/2012 6:55 A.M. Departure Scan
    04/21/2012 6:14 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Louisville, KY, United States 04/21/2012 5:26 A.M. Departure Scan
    Seattle, WA, United States 04/20/2012 7:35 P.M. Departure Scan
    Louisville, KY, United States 04/20/2012 9:44 P.M. Registered with Clearing Agency
    Seattle, WA, United States 04/20/2012 6:33 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Louisville, KY, United States 04/20/2012 9:20 P.M. Registered with Clearing Agency / Shipment submitted to Clearing Agency
    04/20/2012 9:06 P.M. Registered with Clearing Agency / Shipment submitted to Clearing Agency
    Richmond, BC, Canada 04/20/2012 5:47 P.M. Departure Scan
    04/20/2012 4:26 P.M. Origin Scan
    04/20/2012 5:34 A.M. Missorted to an incorrect location. / Returned to shipper.

Canada 04/20/2012 8:07 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Master

where do you live in seattle, I am in bothell. I'd love to buy you a beer and see the czech if it ever makes it

My wife's experience with them meant that her iPad went from china to Germany then for some reason ended up in Dubai then to the UK. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you !

Journeyman

Just sent you a PM, jtbold. I'll hold you to it - if that day ever arrives :?

Craftsman

Jeez, I hope mine doesn't end up in Seattle! :pale:

I'm not seeing anything after 19 April on tracking but it does report

Your package has experienced an exception.
    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman

I would say it's quite exceptional. They gave it a new tracking number, Eddie, which I had to call to get from them. That number has since changed and now it's on it's third tracking number. :roll: It's allegedly still on target to be delivered tomorrow...

Journeyman

Picked up my watch from UPS at 9:00 pm last night (on the third trip down there that day). On top of all that, I got to pay them $24 (customs?) for the privilege of having to go get it myself four days after it should have been delivered to my house. Sheesh.
    I will say, however, it was worth the wait. Beautiful! It's definately going to get a ton of wrist time. :bounce: Another masterpiece, Eddie.

Master

Glad it has finally found you Ryan. Seems like the praise is pretty unanimous for the CAF which is nice to hear. At least you have one of the rarest watches in Canada now :)

Kudos to Raysablade for best applied obscure fact.

Craftsman

Fortunately I had a better experience with "Brown", my CAF shipped on the 30th and arrived at my home in Southern Cal. this morning the 3rd. Fast delivery of a great watch.

Ted

Craftsman

Me too this time. No fault of ups, but in my area ups shipments go into Hamilton airport and I think there is a watch lover in Canada Customs. Every watch I've had go through Hamilton had been opened and inspected until the CAF came. This time it came through no hitches like it should. Needless to say I'm a happy camper about that!!! 8)

Glad it finally arrived. While I like both of the drivers that usually are in my neighborhood, I can't say I like UPS much at all. I've had much better luck with Fedex (who deliver on Saturdays) and I have to believe some of the differences are due to one being unionised and the other not.
    Congrats on your CAF Ryan! I'm in the Tacoma area, but usually have WIS GTGs in Seattle (The Collins so far, but looking at another spot for the next one). Shoot me an email if either of you are interested and I'll add you to the distro list 8)

All is well if ends well.

I was watching the other day a security cam video how a UPD idiot is delivering a fragile laptop or a camcorder - it was terrifying. You must be happy with yours:)