closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Few quick questions- watch back, b-arrow & dreadnought gmt

Apprentice

Few quick questions- watch back, b-arrow & dreadnought gmt

Is it easy to remove the back from a speedbird watch? I need to make a minor adjustment to the accuracy. What tool is best to use to do this - and I am guessing anti-clockwise to undo and clockwise to tighten back on?

Wondering when the broadarrow will appear under its new name? Also any news on when the Dreadnought GMT will arrive and be pre-orderable?

Also I just wondered what the difference is between a standard watch and one tagged gmt? Is it to do with the movement, accuracy or ability to calculate other time zones too? That was just a minor curiosity because if it ends up looking anything like the original I will be highly tempted even in tough times to find the £££ from somewhere.

Cheers,

John

Re: Few quick questions- watch back, b-arrow & dreadnought gmt

Quote Originally Posted by john10001

1. Is it easy to remove the back from a speedbird watch? I need to make a minor adjustment to the accuracy. What tool is best to use to do this - and I am guessing anti-clockwise to undo and clockwise to tighten back on?

2. Wondering when the broadarrow will appear under its new name? Also any news on when the Dreadnought GMT will arrive and be pre-orderable?

3. Also I just wondered what the difference is between a standard watch and one tagged gmt? Is it to do with the movement, accuracy or ability to calculate other time zones too? That was just a minor curiosity because if it ends up looking anything like the original I will be highly tempted even in tough times to find the £££ from somewhere.

Cheers,

John
    1. You will need a back-removal tool and a case holder. The way you are talking about it, I suggest you get someone who knows what he is doing, to do it. Ask him first if he can do it without scratching the case. Get a verbal answer. :wink:

2. Many of the Broadarrow models are now under Precista. For example the PRS-3.

3. GMT watches show a second, and occasionally a third timezone. Not all watches marked GMT are true GMT (have a separately adjustable indication).

john
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Craftsman

Let me just get this straight: You are asking which direction you need to turn the case back to undo it but you are happy to regulate the movement? :shock:

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by ROBANNENAGY
    Let me just get this straight: You are asking which direction you need to turn the case back to undo it but you are happy to regulate the movement? :shock:
    Don't do it! In a moment of madness I tried to do this and in seconds did 10x the damage of getting it done professionally.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas
    Quote Originally Posted by john10001

1. Is it easy to remove the back from a speedbird watch? I need to make a minor adjustment to the accuracy. What tool is best to use to do this - and I am guessing anti-clockwise to undo and clockwise to tighten back on?

2. Wondering when the broadarrow will appear under its new name? Also any news on when the Dreadnought GMT will arrive and be pre-orderable?

3. Also I just wondered what the difference is between a standard watch and one tagged gmt? Is it to do with the movement, accuracy or ability to calculate other time zones too? That was just a minor curiosity because if it ends up looking anything like the original I will be highly tempted even in tough times to find the £££ from somewhere.

Cheers,

John
    1. You will need a back-removal tool and a case holder. The way you are talking about it, I suggest you get someone who knows what he is doing, to do it. Ask him first if he can do it without scratching the case. Get a verbal answer. :wink:

2. Many of the Broadarrow models are now under Precista. For example the PRS-3.

3. GMT watches show a second, and occasionally a third timezone. Not all watches marked GMT are true GMT (have a separately adjustable indication).

john

+1!!!
    Do not do it yourself - give it to a one who knows what & how to