closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: NSA bracelets

NSA bracelets

I'm a big fan of watches with hidden lugs; bracelets and straps look much better when they look like part of the watch rather than obviously attached to it at each end. In the last couple of months I've picked up some NOS NSA bracelets and thought I'd try them on my Speedy Mk2, Seamaster Jedi and Heuer Montreal. Here are some pictures with the NSA and original bracelets and aftermarket straps, which watch/strap combinations do you prefer?

On a (non-original) rally strap

And because I don't have a shot of it on its original bracelet, here's one borrowed from Erik, from whom I bough the watch (I hope that's ok Erik!)

On a 20mm mesh

On its correct original bracelet

On the correct Heuer bracelet

On a rally strap

And on the NSA supplied with the watch (Bootsy's photo - I hope you don't mind me using it). Sadly too short and too well used to stay on the watch

"A man of little significance"

Re: NSA bracelets

Of course I don't mind

I like most of them!

My mk2 exotic changes regularly

I'm a sucker for hidden lugs and a leather

I'm a sucker for a mesh

Never been sure about a bracelet on a mk2 Speedy though especially it it's a wide one at the lugs

I've got a pilot cased mk3 Speedy on route and not sure what to put that on!

Craftsman

I'm a fan of them :)
    Granted they are better with hidden lugs but this works for me :wink:

I have a spare NSA bracelet just waiting for the right watch (hidden lugs) to come along.
    Mike

I like the NSA on the Speedy but I like the mesh better both on the MkII and the Semaster.

I'm not too sure about the TAG, I would say the original bracelet looks good but the first link look wrong, the edges seem to stick out of the case. For that reason, as I'm also a fan of hooded lugs, I think I would rather have it with the second NSA, the one with the big central links.

All lovely watches BTW! :thumbleft:

I love that blue Montreal Foxy. My favorite looks for it are the correct Heuer bracelet and the black strap. 8)

Couple more NSA bracelets

Mk1 Monaco

Mk2 Monaco

Quote Originally Posted by Kutusov
    I like the NSA on the Speedy but I like the mesh better both on the MkII and the Semaster.

I'm not too sure about the TAG, I would say the original bracelet looks good but the first link look wrong, the edges seem to stick out of the case. For that reason, as I'm also a fan of hooded lugs, I think I would rather have it with the second NSA, the one with the big central links.

All lovely watches BTW! :thumbleft:
    I can't get to grips with putting a racing strap on a diver or a diving strap on a chronograph. So my mesh will not be going anywhere near the Speedy. I have a feeling someone is about to tell me that NSA bracelets were designed for divers!

The bracelet fitted to my Heuer (not a Tag, when the Montreal was made Tag hadn't even been formed as a company, let alone taken over Heuer in 1985) actually feels good on the wrist but I prefer to have a 20mm bracelet still 20mm wide when it joins the watch, not getting wider so it's actually 24 or 25mm with 20mm endpieces. The exception is my Seamaster Megaquartz but that's to do with the shape of the case.
    "A man of little significance"

I think they look a bit narrow for what they are carrying - the heuer is especially nice with the original, though... 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100
    The bracelet fitted to my Heuer (not a Tag, when the Montreal was made Tag hadn't even been formed as a company, let alone taken over Heuer in 1985)
    Uppps, my mistake! Obviously not a TAG

Nice set thomas,

i would like a mk 1 bracelet for mine.

J