closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Photo request: 757 with Sub or SMP

Master

Photo request: 757 with Sub or SMP

Hi gents, I've asked on timezone and Watchuseek already with zero response. Maybe nobody owns a Sinn 757 and a Submariner or Seamaster Professional, but I find that hard to believe. I'm really considering buying a 757 DIAPAL, but there are still two roadblocks for me. I used to have some excessively large watches, and I had decided a few years ago that I want to limit my watches to 36-40mm. The 757 is listed as 43mm, and I'm hoping that I can find a reason to accept the extra 3mm. The second roadblock is just a matter of funding it. So, if anyone has photos of a 757 with a Sub or SMP, I'd love to see them. If there's a similar 40mm watch, that's ok too. I just wanted to make sure I have a way to judge proportions properly.

Re: Photo request: 757 with Sub or SMP

Did you consider the 756 Diapal ? It is essentially the exact same watch but without the addition of the bezel which adds the 3 extra mm to it. This means that it is only 40mm and looks great IMHO and maybe a bit less busy ...

Just as a thought here - wish I would help with the photos, but no such luck :?

Cheers,
    Henrik

Master

Thanks Henrik, I did consider the 756, but I'm more of a dive watch than chronograph guy. That has however converged for me in the past with an EZM1, but I was concerned about maintenance costs and shipping to Germany. The 757 DIAPAL would be close to the same intent, plus take into my extra love of GMTs, but (hopefully) require less servicing because it's a DIAPAL. I even considered the 857, but the lack of the chronograph doesn't seem to work for me as much in this instance for some odd reason.

John

Master

Re: Photo request: 757 with Sub or SMP

Dont know if this helps, but here is a quick pic of a sub lv, sinn 857 and smp.

Lighting is poor I know :)

Image by Seamus25, on Flickr

Master

Seamus, that does help. It's noticeable, but I am convinced it won't be enough to turn me off on the watch. Thank you!

Nice set of watches.