closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 1976 Sterile 6BB - The 'Lost' Navigator

Craftsman

1976 Sterile 6BB - The 'Lost' Navigator

I've written an article on the 1976 Sterile 6BB. Unfortunately I can't post it here or a link to it
    as I'm not too clever with computers. I will email a copy to anyone interested. If anyone care's
    to host it on their web-site that's fine with me.

Cheers,

Terry Andrews
    Perth
    Western Australia

terrysts AT bigpond DOT net DOT au

Master

Re: 1976 Sterile 6BB - The 'Lost' Navigator

Terry,

Send me a copy please as that sounds interesting ( email )
    and I will also try to link it for you although my computer skills
    are not so hot either.

Master

Had to pull this link because it gave access to my email account and as stated earlier my computer skills are limited. Can anyone else help.

can you put it in a public drop box folder?

Hi Terry.

I would love a copy. I appreciate your knowledge and the time you put into your research.

Craftsman

Just to follow up and to thank Ian Parkin for proof reading and hosting the article on his web site.

Any comments or suggestions are most welcome. The ultimate aim is to identify the manufacturer
    and/or supplier to MOD.

http://dbaswithguns.com/Imgs/Sterile_6B ... igator.pdf

Terry Andrews

That's a really great read Terry. Lets hope it can tease out some more information.

Apprentice
    Found this thread after years of trying to find out more about my watch. Great read and nice to follow this mystery along the way. I bought mine in Sweden at a pawn shop in 1993 and use it as my regular watch. Haven't even serviced it once. It has number 756/76. Asked about it's origins here a couple of years ago ;-) http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...identification

Best / Johan

Excellent article Terry, good work.

I've serviced 3 or 4 of them over the years and it's good to learn a bit more about them. (I have one in at the moment actually: serial no. 339/76 - I won't bother with pics as, unsurprisingly, it looks just the same as yours!)

One thing I would say though is that I don't think the micro-adjuster was added to the 2160 just to satisfy MOD requirements, as it was also used on some (but not all) of the AS 21xx production calibres - like the 2162 in this Aquastar Benthos for example.

Larger picture here.

The inclusion of the micro-adjuster isn't standard across the board though as I've had 2162's with and without the adjuster, I suspect it was added later in the production run. The 21xx's were pretty much the top of the line for Schild calibres, so probably deserved a little embellishment.

If you find out any more information on the 6BB, I'd be interested to hear about it.

Rich.
    Last edited by Richie_101; 10th January 2014 at 18:46.

Craftsman
    Thanks Rich.

I'm pleased that you have been able to add something of fact regarding the micro-adjuster on the AS2160 movement. It's addition for MoD was pure speculation on my part and I'll correct the article in due course. In general terms does this type of micro-adjuster make for a more accurate movement?

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Thanks Rich.

I'm pleased that you have been able to add something of fact regarding the micro-adjuster on the AS2160 movement. It's addition for MoD was pure speculation on my part and I'll correct the article in due course. In general terms does this type of micro-adjuster make for a more accurate movement?

Terry
    Great that I could help out.

The micro-adjuster doesn't make the movement more accurate as such, it just allows for more accurate regulation. Moving the micro-adjuster one mark (or part thereof) translates to a much smaller, almost imperceptible, movement of the regulator - moving the regulator by such a small amount is difficult to on the regulator itself.

Rich.

Journeyman

Email

Terry sent me his article which proved to be very interesting
    and informative. A must read for any military watch collector
    Thanks Terry
    Last edited by agee; 10th February 2014 at 15:34.