closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Steinhart you are forgiven

Steinhart you are forgiven

Hi, I've previously posted re the lack of communiction after ording my OVM.
    I take it all back. The day after I e-mailed Steinhart (3 weeks after the original order) the watch was in the post.
    3 days after that it was delivered courtesy of DPD ( they have a very efficient tracking service).
    This has probably been said before, but I am very impressed with the watch, especially for the money.
    Thanks Steinhart.
    Off now to change the bracelet for a Nato....

Re: Steinhart you are forgiven

Happy days...now get some pictures posted :mrgreen:

Blog Entries

Yup, this is the thing with Steinhart: Their communications can be awful but they usually get there in the end with an excellent product.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrot
    it was delivered courtesy of DPD ( they have a very efficient tracking service).
    Good grief, this is the first time I have ever seen anyone say anything good about DPD, especially it's tracking system! In my experience their tracking system is usually 24 hours out of date. Perhaps it's improved.

Craftsman

Love to see it too

Ever tried a simple phone call? I talk to them all the time and have never failed to get through.
    They are very nice, friendly and helpful people.

Good grief, this is the first time I have ever seen anyone say anything good about DPD, especially it's tracking system! In my experience their tracking system is usually 24 hours out of date. Perhaps it's improved.
    Hadn't had any experience of DPD before this, but the tracking was updated regularly.
    On delivery day it was marked as 'out for delivery' in the morning.
    In the afternoon it was showing delivery time between 17.18 and 18.18.
    It arrived about 5.20.
    Can't say fairer than that.

Ever tried a simple phone call? I talk to them all the time and have never failed to get through.
    They are very nice, friendly and helpful people.
    No.
    What I did try was a simple E-mail.
    Call me old fashioned but I assume that the onus is on the supplier to keep me informed (in the same way that I try to update my customers); rather than the other way round.
    Am I wrong?

Happy days...now get some pictures posted :mrgreen:
    Would love to post some photos, and looked at the sticky, with a view to posting photos on a previous thread.
    But if I understand it correctly, I've got to host them on a website, and then link to them from here.
    This may well be beyond my technical abilities.
    I have posted photos on other forums, but they offer the possibility of hosting the pics directly on the site. That I can cope with.
    If anybody can put me on the right track/ post an idiots guide to posting photos, I'd be very grateful, as I would like to if possible.

Craftsman

Steinhart are useless at the communication business

I emailed Gunter on wednesday to find out if a watch was in stock. He said that he thinks it is and would get back to me

It's now Sunday evening

Blog Entries

Hadn't had any experience of DPD before this, but the tracking was updated regularly.
    On delivery day it was marked as 'out for delivery' in the morning.
    In the afternoon it was showing delivery time between 17.18 and 18.18.
    It arrived about 5.20.
    Can't say fairer than that.
    Sounds good.

Steinhart you are forgiven

DPD lost a set of tyres coming to me from Germany last year. Not a small easily lost package.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by w2w
    Steinhart are useless at the communication business

I emailed Gunter on wednesday to find out if a watch was in stock. He said that he thinks it is and would get back to me

It's now Sunday evening
    My view is that unless and until Steinhart get their communications sorted out (and their friends say this is in hand, even though it's taking what seems to me to be an extraordinarily long time), we just have to accept the company for what it is, assuming we like their products of course. This is why I'd personally be happy to place an order and wait (and wait, and wait). I know that poor communications are really annoying but I can live with it (for now) because Steinhart always seem to get there in the end and their products are really good.

For what it's worth, my own email communications with them have been reasonably promptly replied to. Not stunningly fast but good enough.

**edit**
    Fixed typo.

Journeyman

Steinhart is a great way to start with. But after some lookalikes, it´s getting some sort of boring. Eight out of my ten Streinis are already sold, just to keep a Triton and an Aviation GMT. All his R****lookalikes are easily outclassed by MarcelloCs -but he´s cheaper to be fair.
    Dealing with Guenther has always been fair and a pleasure.

Blog Entries

It is said that Steinhart are trying to focus on new, original, non-homage designs. Indeed, we've seen the Apollon and soon we'll have the Ocean 2. Hopefully there'll be more original designs to follow.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon
    Yup, this is the thing with Steinhart: Their communications can be awful but they usually get there in the end with an excellent product.

it was delivered courtesy of DPD ( they have a very efficient tracking service).
    I got my shipping email from steinhart and it took DPD two days to update the tracking info - useless

I dealt with Neil at Chronomaster when buying my Steinhart for this and other reasons. I found his communication to be excellent.

Craftsman

Hmmm, just ordered a watch from them, and yes the communication is a bit poor. Hopefully my watch will turn up in the next few days