closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    I stopped watching it I think in the middle of the last to last series though I do have it on my NAS so may put an episode on if I’m really bored.
    I stopped half way through the new season 1st episode, felt like a bad remake of 300 to start with, will try and finish it over the weekend, it just feels like they're flogging a dead horse now

Master
    Well episode 2 is f'ing boring, back story of Alpha with lots of mumbling and whispering so no idea what's going on half the time.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Well episode 2 is f'ing boring, back story of Alpha with lots of mumbling and whispering so no idea what's going on half the time.
    Agreed. Felt like a filler to me. Piss poor.

Well I' enjoying the new series so far, nowhere near as good as it was but a bit better than the last series?IMHO

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    I stopped watching it I think in the middle of the last to last series though I do have it on my NAS so may put an episode on if I’m really bored.
    I also became completely bored with it in the middle of the last season. The episodes sit on my Sky box but ,tbh,I may as well delete them as I just can't be arsed any more. It's a pity as it was so good for so long and then just faded fast.

Boring watching the alpha bitch

Master
    Felt like a filler episode but I enjoyed it.
    Teased at the origins of Beta (famous sports star in the comics, I think they're making him a hit musician in this version).
    Showed some dissidents amongst the ranks of the whisperers.
    Brand new "leader" character introduced to the whisperers as well... gamma. She doesn't exist in the comics, I'm feeling like they have introduced her for Negan to kill - keep alpha around for a bit longer.

Complete bottle episode, but at least spared us any King Ezekiel bollocks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Complete bottle episode, but at least spared us any King Ezekiel bollocks.
    Well another poor effort, the story with Negan and the bullied girl was decent but why the heck did half the episode take place in the dark again. Especially the opening pre-credits scene, I think it was meant to be dramatic, Eastenders doof doof doof style, but I didn't know what happened in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by raptor View Post
    Boring watching the alpha bitch

Feminist pandering, this could never happen.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 30th October 2019 at 16:10.

Well another poor effort, the story with Negan and the bullied girl was decent but why the heck did half the episode take place in the dark again. Especially the opening pre-credits scene, I think it was meant to be dramatic, Eastenders doof doof doof style, but I didn't know what happened in the dark.
    I think the series reached a new low with this episode. Complete pap from start to finish. A waste of an hour.

Craftsman
    Always been into the Walking Dead, but the last couple of episodes have lacked a bit.

I keep putting it on in the background so as to not totally waste an hour, but by goodness even then I'm close to canning it.

FOUR pointless episodes so far

Master
    The critics/bloggers love it! Google things like “walking dead season 10 episode 4 review” and you get mostly praise. Very odd.

Are they still churning these out? I gave up shortly after Carl snuffed it - hung on for a couple more and really tried to continue but I just can’t remember why we are supposed to care about any of the characters now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Are they still churning these out? I gave up shortly after Carl snuffed it - hung on for a couple more and really tried to continue but I just can’t remember why we are supposed to care about any of the characters now?

This season has been the worst buy a long way, not really sure what direction the show is heading in anymore. None of it makes much sense, they are under attack but live in 3 small communities, Alexandria is huge why not all live there. Sometimes 2 of them can kill a whole herd of walkers then the next scene 10 of them are struggling to kill a few. Its just all over the place.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    This season has been the worst buy a long way, not really sure what direction the show is heading in anymore. None of it makes much sense, they are under attack but live in 3 small communities, Alexandria is huge why not all live there. Sometimes 2 of them can kill a whole herd of walkers then the next scene 10 of them are struggling to kill a few. Its just all over the place.
    This. I have to agree this is the worst season so far and by a good margin.

Master
    Best episode of the season so far. Just ruined by yet more weird scenes with Alpha, Beta and cronies. Alpha's weird way of talking is really getting on my nerves.

Negan storyline was good though.

Master
    Best episode of the season so far. Just ruined by yet more weird scenes with Alpha, Beta and cronies. Alpha's weird way of talking is really getting on my nerves.

Negan storyline was good though.

You shouldn't have to put up with her voice for much longer, Negan to the rescue.

I think this is the best series in years. Coherent storytelling and interlocking threads that actually matter instead of ONE story running through the episode and a load of filler to pad it out.

I read a review recently which summed it up perfectly... the biggest achievement for season ten is that the audience isn't left missing Rick Grimes. I agree whole-heartedly, I thought that would be the end or that they would have to offer him millions of dollars to make a miraculous come-back. Remember, this is essentially the main character. When they killed him in the comics they only ran one more issue then called it a day.

Lots more to come yet, Michonne is on her way out and it's supposed to be a bit of a shocker if the rumour mill is to be believed. I can't see her leaving altogether though (i.e. messy death!) as they have also just teased early contact with The Commonwealth, which is where her main story-arc came into play and the comic ended.

The last two (5 & 6) have been a significant upstep IMO, not surprisingly due to one of the few redeeming features still present... JDM

I gave up a couple of series ago, but my wife, who doggedly sticks with it, described Monday's as the 'most boring episode ever'...

Luckily I was watching Orchestral Manouevres in the Dark in Guildford, who were far more entertaining than any WD I've seen in the last 5 years...

M

PS JDM? Have they introduced a Subaru or a twin turbo Supra?

Jeffrey Dean Morgan aka Negan

Master
    Well the series trudges on
    S10 Ep 9 - All in the dark except the bits with Alpha - but she talks so weirdly that it's difficult to understand her. So sum up - you could either hear everything but not see, or see everything but not hear and you didn't want to see the Neghan/Alpha scene!

Master
    Anybody still with it, tune in tonight.

The season 10 finale that's not really a finale!!*

*(Walking Dead was cancelled, they have decided to extend S10 by 6 episodes which are written and ready to film, then run a mammoth 24 episode Season 11 and call it a draw so then can focus on the spin-offs).

Looks like a satisfying episode tonight, I'll reserve judgement for afterwards though. Just don't expect Daryl or Carol to kick the bucket since we've already had a silly spin off green-lit.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Bravo to anyone still with this.....I got rapidly bored with it after Rick ‘died’ as it just wasn’t the same. Tbh I was enduring it for a while before then anyway.

Master
    I thought the first season was brilliant but its been diminishing returns ever since.
    I tried to get back on board and suffered through season 9 but I can't bring myself to sit through 10 .

I even tried watching some of that "The World Beyond" spin off but I just didn't want to spend the mental energy trying to invest in the new characters.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Bravo to anyone still with this.....I got rapidly bored with it after Rick ‘died’ as it just wasn’t the same. Tbh I was enduring it for a while before then anyway.
    I would not be shocked to see Rick back for the final season. Churn this first movie out, find him a way home, give him the "commonwealth" storyline then kill him off for good.

It’s a shame as it was brilliant in moments, but I have totally lost interest in TWD. I wouldn’t have known it was back if this thread hadn’t been flagged, should have died with Rick.

Oh look, Stormtroopers!

It’s utter bilge but I’ll masochistically keep watching since we’re approaching the end of the main show.

Master
    Quite surprised no one has mentioned the new spinoff ‘twd: Dawsons Crap’ that appeared on prime last weekend, now that wad absolute drivel...

Well last nights epidsode was not the best - tbh did not even know it was on until I saw this thread.

It all just seemed too easy, they spent the entire season being scared of the whisperers and then just killed them all in 5 mins.

The one part I did not get is when beta died and Negan said "did you see who that was" when his mask was torn off.

As with other shows like Lost, it has become terrible but I just want to see how it ends.

Well last nights epidsode was not the best - tbh did not even know it was on until I saw this thread.

It all just seemed too easy, they spent the entire season being scared of the whisperers and then just killed them all in 5 mins.
    Not unlike Neagan's bunch then, except we suffered for two seasons in that case.

As with other shows like Lost, it has become terrible but I just want to see how it ends.
    Life's too short, I gave up a couple of seasons ago - I might go back and watch the first season again, I thought it was stellar TV back then.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

The one part I did not get is when beta died and Negan said "did you see who that was" when his mask was torn off.
    Beta was a famous country musician before the zombie apocalypse, so i assume Negan recognized him?

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Beta was a famous country musician before the zombie apocalypse, so i assume Negan recognized him?
    Yup, although I think the comics maybe made it more clear who he was namely a worldwide star (and a movie actor instead iirc). We only had him going back to his house that time and some pics or gold discs on the wall behind him or suchlike!

Master
    That was a weird one with Beta. In the comics he was a famous sports star (Basketball) and fiercely protective of his identity - he tears two whisperers to pieces when one lifts his mask thinking him unconscious.
    Casting Ryan Hurst would have fit with that, or maybe American Football, he's about 6ft 4in and built like a tank. Why they turned him into a country music star is beyond me.
    Ditto as to why nobody recognised him with half his face covered. The dude stands out in a crowd!! 😀

Well, the new series is out, episode 1 was ok, episode 2 was back to being fully terrible! Like many others, I will watch until the end to see what happens but it is getting difficult to keep going, my wife has pretty much given up.

Master
    Agree with that, Episode 1 progressed the story, average entertainment for an hour.

Episode 2, was just 2 characters mumbling a lot, no idea what was going on, timeline all over the place with flashbacks. Seemed to be writers going up their own @rse filling in unanswered questions from superfan forums that didn't ever need filling in. Googled it afterwards to find otu what was going in, and you coudl easily have skipped the Episode and not missed anything, compelte tripe.

I gave up on the series a while ago. The very first episode was just superb in every way. Even the music at the end. It just went downhill since then, in my opinion.

Master
    Is this still alive?

We had a debate at work the other day - What TV series have you watched the most of and then given up? 3 out of 4 of us said this show!!!

Most got to around series 7, or maybe 8 we think then sacked it.

I’m guessing that you survivors still watching are due medals very soon :-)

Master
    Used to be one of my favourite shows. Like everyone else gave up just after Rick left.

I didn't even realise this was still going, I think I gave up after season 6 or maybe watched a bit of 7. It's a shame they ruined a good show.

Its truly awful. Could not give a stuff about the characters, script is rubbish as is the acting. Can’t be asked to watch it anymore. Watch the Expanse again as I just love it

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by wildheart; 15th March 2021 at 11:28.

Has anyone watched the spin-off Fear of the Walking Dead? Heard it was worth watching, but not sure I can be bothered.

I’ve watched all of TWD, even though it was shockingly bad for a few seasons. I think it’s got better since they jumped forward in time, but I only really watch it now because I’ve got so far through it I can’t give up!

That first season was epic though.

Just watched the latest two on YouTube at x1.75 speed - saves time and hides Lauren Cohen’s horrendous accent! Trying to work out what the point is now and really just waiting for the end.

Some say FTWD is better but I didn’t think so - watched the first couple seasons and gave up.

Master
    This isn't a new season, just a capping-off of season 10, I believe there are 6 episodes.
    These will just fill in a few lazy gaps and put all our characters where they need to be for next year's season 11 which is the final one.

Lots of predictions rolling around. It looks like they are set to make Negan the new Rick. If anyone has read the last two comics, I fully expect the scene to be mirrored but with Hershel and Negan in the position of Sebastian and Rick. Maggie will come to terms with him being around but I can still see Glenn's son sorting him out a few years down the road.

I'm glad they are ending it, it's gone a bit long now but I'll stick with it, along with the spin offs they churn out.

Big question, have they set up Andrew Lincoln for a return in the finale? His stand-aline movie was meant to be wrapped by now and I'm sure they intended his big comeback.

I'm guessing the end will be a damp squib - with all the splinter shows of Rick, Daryl and Carol coming I don't see how they can give this proper closure.

Was looking forward to the predicted endings of possibly:

i) the group making it to a proper sanctuary, such as NYC having survived thanks to the military
    ii) a cure being found and rolled out and a return to civility
    iii) no dumpsters available, so they all die!
    iv) it all being a dream for a comatose Rick, after being shot in the pilot

If the final scene is two hooded characters rocking up on white stallions and it to be Rick and Michonne, I will literally scream

FFS now it’s The Deer Hunter!

Actually a pretty good episide; couple nice twists.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    FFS now it’s The Deer Hunter!

Actually a pretty good episide; couple nice twists.
    Another 2 character episode, but this time a clear solid story, no back story cr@p, no mumbling, that’s how last weeks should have been too.

I have no idea why I’m still -zombie like- watching this turdburger: last night’s episode might just have shot me in the head though...Nothing I have watched lately has been as self indulgent, poorly paced and ineptly acted and scripted, WTF?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Have to agree that last nights was pretty pointless television. One of those cheap "it was all a dream" sort of affairs.

I wish they would get back to exploring post apocalyptic america and killing zombies. The showrunner even said that in last nights ep they have to invent a scene with a couple of walkers in because they realised there wasn't a single one in any scene.

Not long to go anyway. I really really hope they rescue season 11. If it ends up being all boring and political (i.e. commonwealth based) then they will have just put the final nail in the coffin of a great series which kicked off with a perfectly good (and simple) formula.