closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Likewise...

M
    + another 1............

Odd. They usually start an episode with some action that takes place half way through that episode, and then play catch up. Are they now putting something that happens at the start of that episode's story at the end?

What's with the dream sequence? Rick has aged about 25 years, his daughter has aged about 5, and Michonne looks younger.

Maybe Rick's auditioning for a role as a Stormtrooper in the next Star Wars movie?

Glad to see Morgan has overcome his aversion to killing humans.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post

What's with the dream sequence? Rick has aged about 25 years, his daughter has aged about 5, and Michonne looks younger.

I too wondered about this odd ageing process!

it was ok but all the flash backs and forwards go a bit tedious... just new the bloody vicar would screw up!

Master
    Yes unfortunately I must echo most of the above. I try so hard to enjoy it like I did the first three or four series but just can't - I understand they can't necessarily take Negan out early doors, but why have him strutting around in front of all of those guns, and then have every single one miss him!? The plot holes are just too big.

^ Agreed^ It was somewhat ridiculous that Daryl can hit a small target with a handgun whilst riding a motorbike one handed but a small Army couldn't hit Negan with rifles when he's 10 metres away, hopefully though that useless twat of a Priest will have some one to one to time with Lucille next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    ^ Agreed^ It was somewhat ridiculous that Daryl can hit a small target with a handgun whilst riding a motorbike one handed but a small Army couldn't hit Negan with rifles when he's 10 metres away, hopefully though that useless twat of a Priest will have some one to one to time with Lucille next episode.
    Hasn't Gabriel got a rifle? If I'd heard Negan's voice he'd have got a burst and a headshot there and then.

This whole Negan plotline is tiresome and ridiculous - He's one man who treats everyone (his people included) like sh*t and they go along with it because he's got a baseball bat??? Really? No, seriously, what?????

As an opener, much vaunted as a 'return to action', that episode was awful. Stupid behaviour, unbelievable actions, amazing inability to hit a target a few yards away with a rifle/SMG - just rubbish.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Yes unfortunately I must echo most of the above. I try so hard to enjoy it like I did the first three or four series but just can't - I understand they can't necessarily take Negan out early doors, but why have him strutting around in front of all of those guns, and then have every single one miss him!? The plot holes are just too big.
    It's like Rick wants to be the next Bond villain, ample opportunities to kill his nemesis but never actually does.

Robot Chicken - Walking Dead Special was well done I thought.

Master
    Wasn't very good and confusing too - would be nice to see the overall ploy actually go somewhere.

Find a new settlement - All good - Baddies come along - Baddies / Zombies ruin the good life - Fight them off and run away - Find a new settlement.....

Master
    Damn I didn't watch the last season and was just about to start it and then this new season but it isn't sounding promising I wonder whether I should bother now and has it just run out of steam?

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    It's just getting so dull. I was a big fan once upon a time but by Christ this is getting tiresome. They need to knock it on the head, either kill them all and find a working civilisation somewhere.

Sorry, I've been gripped by this show since the first episode but this season feels like it's been done before, several times.
    I said this 11 months ago. Still holding true.

Master
    Disappointed here too... they managed to take out the 2 guards on the roof but somehow all managed to miss Negan whilst he was stood chatting to them... I reckon this series will drag a fair bit...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    Damn I didn't watch the last season and was just about to start it and then this new season but it isn't sounding promising I wonder whether I should bother now and has it just run out of steam?
    I honestly wouldn't bother Andy. Just stick with the happy and gory memories of seasons past!

Blog Entries
    I still don't believe Rick was in Love Actually. WD is a load of pish now , not worth watching.

I think Negan killed this show already and we're all just watching a zombie version of the show.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I'm still watching but in all honesty I'm bored of it.

To me it needs an "end game" to aim for. Some hope perhaps? Maybe there's a "base" in Alaska, and walkers can't survive there? We could have a trek, from town to town. Maybe make the main characters wanderers, like "knight rider" "The hulk" and "kung fu"
    Maybe a cure?

The infrastructure of life is so broken it seems so bleak and hopeless it's actually becoming pointless to watch.
    ^ I said this in April.

I don’t feel any different. I’m still watching it, I think through habit.

It’s like a bar you used to go in that was mega “back in the day” and you still go for nostalgia but you know deep down it’s a bit, well, crap nowadays....

Craftsman
    I have a similar view that I am watching this series out of habit rather than enjoyment.

It's nowhere near as good as it used to be, especially when I remember back to the first series when Rick is traveling through the city on horse back and then runs into a hoard of zombies for the first time.

Maybe Rick might be killed off this series and Maggie will take charge.

Craftsman
    I found it strange that negan had found his way into that container/office whatever it was, with all those walking dead about, and didn't even bother to lock the door. Luckily for the vicar, as he could then get in at the last minute to avoid being eaten.

Master
    I honestly wouldn't bother Andy. Just stick with the happy and gory memories of seasons past!
    Thanks mate I will do just that it is a shame as I used to love this programme.

I’ve stuck with WD for the last few seasons even though the plot seems as aimless as the herd of walkers. It seems to revolve around ‘find a new safe house, realise it isn’t safe, meet a big bad villain, flee, kill a few characters at random, split them up, reunite them, rinse and repeat’ - the group really needs a mission to aim for not just daily survival. I’ve got to say I also find some of the grimmer scenes a bit gratuitous when they are just designed to shock - and dare I say it they’re becoming increasingly predictable and boring. I can’t see it making it beyond about 10 seasons before ratings plunge and it gets axed - will anyone care what happens to Rick and co by then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    the plot for the sake of plot is getting old now.

they could have just unloaded on neegan when he was standing around talking.

I mean just prior to that scene they systematically took out the lookouts with 100% accuracy and efficiency.

Oh but almost 50 automatics aimed 30 yards away from Neegan? definitely no shot of taking him out there. Better shoot those threatening windows instead.

oh and the father as well....

"THERE IS NO TIME RICK WE MUST FLEE IT IS NOT ABOUT ONE MAN"
    "HOLD ON THERE IS TIME TO SAVE THIS ONE MAN THOUGH SCREW THE PLAN"

Master
    I like the bigger picture story arc of how society reverts back to tribes with different philosophy's etc like it was 2000 years ago. However Negan not being killed has become a joke now. Kill him with all those machine guns and bullets before they run out and move on with the storyline.

And like has been said above needs an endgame to work towards. Maybe reaching the coast and setting sail on the premise that if you can cross the Atlantic/Pacific or even reach a small island then life has carried on there as per pre virus and North America has just been isolated by the rest of the world.

Just watched the first episode and I think the writers need better aim as well as Rick & Co.

With Gabriel, I would have just unloaded a round at Negan leaving plenty of time to then shit my pants!

Master
    Well the graphic novels are similar to the TV series in a number of ways. There is no convenient deus ex machina type plot cop outs.

You never really find out the cause of the virus. There are no big reveals or informed explanatory depictions of the virus starting . You are dropped into the aftermath just like Rick is.

I guess if there was some world wide pandemic then a lot of people wouldn’t have a clue about the systemic causal events once the lights went off after a few days.

Fear the Walking Dead was an attempt to show the start but buzarrely enough after the first few episodes they were back to familiar survivor territority and the start of the zombie apocalypse was dull as dishwater.

Last nights offering was awful, maybe the show has run its course? I did not have a clue who was fighting who, or where they were. Such a shame it’s fell away to this. Seriously not bothered with it anymore

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Well I'm still loving it... fantastic little nod to season 1 with Morales turning back up as a Saviour. Last time we saw him he shook hands with Rick and took off to hunt for the rest of his family in Alabama, now they're on opposite sides.

It'll run for a good while yet, numbers have dropped a little but it's still one of the most watched shows.

Serious question to those who have lost interest in it... why do you still bother watching? Just so you can talk about how much you're not enjoying it?

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Well I'm still loving it... fantastic little nod to season 1 with Morales turning back up as a Saviour. Last time we saw him he shook hands with Rick and took off to hunt for the rest of his family in Alabama, now they're on opposite sides.
    Looks like Morales has morals and will switch to the good side otherwise that'll be the end of Rick.

Ep2 last night..........still not 'doing it' for me, seemed like 10000 rounds of gun fire (never saw anyone reload!) with very little effect even at 20ft apart!

It didn't really advance the story?
    Last edited by afcneal; 31st October 2017 at 17:12.

Quote Originally Posted by afcneal View Post
    Ep2 last night..........still not 'doing it' for me, seemed like 10000 rounds of gun fire (never saw anyone reload!) with very little effect even at 20ft apart!

Ir didn't really advance the story?
    Where have they got all the rounds from?

Serious question to those who have lost interest in it... why do you still bother watching? Just so you can talk about how much you're not enjoying it?
    Because it was such a great show and we all hope it can be again, but it's getting harder and harder to keep the faith.

We've got last night recorded, but I went to the cinema last night rather than watch it, which would never have happened once upon a time.

I even said to the wife "Watch it while I'm out if you want as I'm not bothered".

I might stay in tonight, in which case I'll probably watch it and be disappointed. Or I might go to the pool instead...

M

I actually found myself skipping some of the bits of ep2 which as above would never have happened before. It seems to be going down the lost route so thats me, I'm out.

Red face

I gave up after Season 4 - is 5 worth watching?

Habit, just habit. And the investment in time already put into it. And maybe Carol, Maggie and Rick, the only characters I care what happens to. Darryl will be fine and Michonne too, the rest can all die and it won't matter a jot. I guess I'm just watching it now to see how those three characters get on, if they snuff it there isn't enough personality in the others for me to care about.

So; habit, time already invested and three characters. The show has run its course, it's falling victim to that habit of flogging a dead horse and ruining the memory of the glory days. Look at The Sopranos, killed before it got boring. Breaking Bad, killed before it got boring. The Walking Dead... the writers are a literal metaphor of the title of the show they're working on, completely out of ideas, trying to keep up intrigue with ambiguous timelines and dream sequences. It just isn't working anymore.

Just watched 5 minutes.

Three of Rick's people (red shirt Ensigns!) open a door and shoot one man - Three more people are running up directly behind the one they shoot, so they stop shooting and stand still... Oddly the running people fire and they all die... ho hum...

Jesus won't shoot a Saviour with his hands up, who then grabs him and puts a gun to his head.

Then Jesus overpowers him again and then won't shoot him...

OK, at that point, I leave the room.

So long TWD...

No wonder there are loads of zombies, they've given up the will to live from watching this, once great, series die...

M

PS Strike Back is back on tonight, they'll use less ammo...
    Last edited by snowman; 31st October 2017 at 21:25.

I think they will take this upto season 10!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    The writer's have seriously lost their way on this.

I now skip the long boring passages of personal moral dichotomy that seem to float to the surface every 3 minutes. Writers! We get that already , now move on with the plot and the action.

I want more zombie fun and games , more horror , more danger , more post apocalyptic inventiveness.

I literally roll my eyes every time the King fella comes on with his larping BS and his tiger ( although the tiger does seem more intelligent than most of the other characters).

Daryll spends most of his time grimacing into the distance and walking down corridors with nothing happening. He finds his cell complete with dog food and old sandwich ....so what???

I expect an episode all to do with washing clothes and mending shoes in the near future...that might even be an improvement.

So; habit, time already invested and three characters. The show has run its course, it's falling victim to that habit of flogging a dead horse and ruining the memory of the glory days. Look at The Sopranos, killed before it got boring. Breaking Bad, killed before it got boring. The Walking Dead... the writers are a literal metaphor of the title of the show they're working on, completely out of ideas, trying to keep up intrigue with ambiguous timelines and dream sequences. It just isn't working anymore.
    I think BB and The Sopranos are unusual (esp for US TV) in that they didn't outstay their welcome, finished at the natural conclusion of the main story arc, and never jumped the shark. I'd also include The Wire as well, maybe even The Shield (but arguably that had one-too-many seasons). I guess commercial success encourages them to spin out the story for another season or two, but it inevitably leads to a decline in quality.

I've almost stopped watching TWD a few times now, but it keeps just introducing enough intrigue to reel me back in, most recently Negan.

As people have said though, in "reality" someone would've killed him. It is slightly comical that on one hand, they're picking off Saviours with single-shot, clinical precision, and on the other they're spraying bullets and hitting nothing. It's partly the nature of comic book villans - they're indestructable, until they need killing-off. This is always my issue with TWD though - even if you accept the zombie premise, it's just not very plausible.

Master
    Another crap episode. For a group struggling to get hold of ammunition they’ve suddenly found a decent stash!

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-wal...or-five-years/

We aren't going to see a 9th season with a 25% drop in viewers between episodes 1 and 2. Sad, but the numbers are king.

I genuinely don’t understand how the writers can’t see that they’re just running in circles aimlessly - it’s almost as if they’re goading the viewers to give up caring about the characters with absolutely no end game or long term plan in sight. And what’s with the pompous ‘king’ character and his number 2 with the giant axe?don’t get me started on the (bad) cgi tiger......

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I genuinely don’t understand how the writers can’t see that they’re just running in circles aimlessly - it’s almost as if they’re goading the viewers to give up caring about the characters with absolutely no end game or long term plan in sight. And what’s with the pompous ‘king’ character and his number 2 with the giant axe?don’t get me started on the (bad) cgi tiger......

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    I'd also include The Wire as well, maybe even The Shield (but arguably that had one-too-many seasons).

I would add the remade Battlestar Galactica in there as well. It was on the very cusp of going on too long but they did it right. In my opinion one of the best series yet to be made.

I've only just started watching The Walking Dead and am at the end of S2. Based on some of the comments here I'm not sure I'll watch all the way through.

We aren't going to see a 9th season with a 25% drop in viewers between episodes 1 and 2. Sad, but the numbers are king.
    It's difficult to compare viewing figures with the opening to Season 7 which had the 'who did Negan kill' story arc.

If it's 35% down on Season 5 & 6 openings that's more of a story.

However, I'd agree it needs to be tightened up in terms of story telling. But I'll keep watching until it becomes just another show.

We're not quite there yet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Maybe The Walking Dead will outlive us all...!

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...o-franchise-tv

Maybe The Walking Dead will outlive us all...!

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...o-franchise-tv
    Dead already, but it's taken on Zombie like attributes.

Off to the cinema again tonight instead of wasting my time on it anymore.

M.

I think this season will get better, they are wringing negan out for everything they can

Master

We aren't going to see a 9th season with a 25% drop in viewers between episodes 1 and 2
    . Sad, but the numbers are king.

Come on, viewing figures might be down but it's still one of the most watched TV shows in the US - 8 million on average? Even that Big Bang Theory only gets about 5 million and they are flogging that one to death. Interests might have waned slightly as people move on to other things (there are usually half a dozen of these series' competing against each other) but with a captive audience of 8 million in this day and age, they will run it forever.

If we don't see a 9th season I will literally eat my own head.

Master
    Well we didn't even see Negan last night thank god, he's got irritating now.

Master
    I think they really need to get a grip on the overall story line and actually get some sort of ending in sight. Bit samey for the last few seasons but still watchable.