closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: The Walking Dead - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Have to agree that last nights was pretty pointless television. One of those cheap "it was all a dream" sort of affairs.

I wish they would get back to exploring post apocalyptic america and killing zombies. The showrunner even said that in last nights ep they have to invent a scene with a couple of walkers in because they realised there wasn't a single one in any scene.

Not long to go anyway. I really really hope they rescue season 11. If it ends up being all boring and political (i.e. commonwealth based) then they will have just put the final nail in the coffin of a great series which kicked off with a perfectly good (and simple) formula.
    It was very bad, I am guessing it's all covid related and trying to film with as few people as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Have to agree that last nights was pretty pointless television. One of those cheap "it was all a dream" sort of affairs.
    Not long to go anyway. I really really hope they rescue season 11. If it ends up being all boring and political (i.e. commonwealth based) then they will have just put the final nail in the coffin of a great series which kicked off with a perfectly good (and simple) formula.
    My wife persists with this (I gave up 4 or 5 seasons ago), but complains every week how dull it is and admits she's just sticking it out to the end now to see how it ends - I gave up caring ages ago, which was a terrible shame as the first few episodes were some of the most brilliant TV I've ever seen.

Like far too many US series (and now UK ones following the same trend), they string it out episode after episode with no goal in sight, just the need to keep it plodding on without any purpose except to make more money.

Somewhat ironic that a series about Zombies feels very much like the dead walking...

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Yet another single character story episode. WTF is going on....

That was the 151st episode and far and away the worst; jeeeeesus!

Master
    152 beats 151 to title of worst.

To sum up:
    Daryl fixes his bike
    Carol makes a soup and fails to catch a rat.

Nothing else happened.

Forbes agree
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...h=475724c11f24
    Last edited by ViperStripes; 29th March 2021 at 22:51.

It was Masterchef meets Wheeler Dealers!

Master
    Tomorrow, series finale (thankfully) but I'm certain they have saved the best for last with a fully fleshed-out Negan backstory. I'm certain it'll be the best episode in a long, long time.

If they cock it up then I'll see you here tomorrow at 10pm where I will be eating my words

A decent backstory for the best character on the show by a mile IMO - but realistically a very poor finale. But gets the Gold Medal for the number of time jumps in one show!

So the final season will be: a bit of a kerfuffle with the Commonwealth then peace and Maggie killing Negan, and last scene a 30+ year time jump to a return to civility with adult Judith in charge sitting telling how her father set the wheels in motion. Or something like that.

Master
    A superb return to form, sadly miles too late - is it just me who wants TWD to turn into the Negan show? Apart from Daryl I couldn't really give a toss about the other characters.

Master
    Yep finally a good episode. I hope Negan is the lead for Season 11 rather than mumbling Darryl.

Negan was the death knell of TWD for me.

I couldn't believe that his 'people' wouldn't have killed and deposed him within about 5 minutes - He seemed to offer nothing positive to them, even his henchmen.

Then when Rick decided to keep him alive? No, just not even vaguely credible.

M

I haven't watched this for ages, but after reading you guy's opinions of the latest episode, I thought I would give it a chance and bought the latest episode on Amazon Prime. What a waste of money. It was boring rubbish.

Just noticed that the final season has already started. Seems Sky have lost rights to it and it can now only be seen on Disney+, which seems an odd platform for it, but I have it for the kids. Lost interest long ago, but as its the final season, I may as well see it out

Jesus 24 episodes… that’ll take us to beyond Easter!

I've watched the two extraordinarily dull episodes of this series so far. As I've said before, I'm just watching this out of habit now, I just want to see it out. The show lost its way years ago and needs to end.

I think that the “prison” series was the best (can’t remember what number that was 5, 6?). 8, 9 and 10 have kind of wandered along (walking dead, no less). I’ll watch it to the end no doubt, but having only recently completed 10, I’ve gone back to series 1 to start again. Enjoying it again because it has more pace and character.

So I've weirdly enjoyed the last couple of episodes, it feels a little like they're building to an end to things. Monday, I fired up Disney+ to find NO NEW EPISODE. Turns out the final season is divided up into three sections of eight episodes and we can look forward to part two in February. My God, just make it stop!

Just finished watching the first 8 episodes with the Mrs, actually enjoyed them, something I did not think I would ever say again about TWD. Waiting until Feb seems an overly long break tho!

So they win us back and then mug us off, crazy way to treat the fans.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I gave up a few episodes ago, ended up just reading the plots on Wiki; appears haven’t missed anything of note!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Just noticed that the final season has already started. Seems Sky have lost rights to it and it can now only be seen on Disney+, which seems an odd platform for it, but I have it for the kids. Lost interest long ago, but as its the final season, I may as well see it out
    It's being called the final season, but really it's 3 mini seasons of 8 episodes each to finish us (and them) off.

Right, what the hell is going on?

After suffering through the Whisperers, the worst baddies of all time, even stupider than the garbage people (not baddies but as a group they were really stupid), we've now got something that feels like it could be really good. I know this season has had mixed reviews but I'm really enjoying The Commonwealth, I like the political wrangling, I like the group branching off and getting their fingers into different pies. What I don't get it is why we're developing new storylines when we're supposed to be wrapping it up.

There are too many threads left hanging while we're still being introduced to new characters we honestly don't really care about and can't really care about since we know they're only going to play a small role for a few episodes, unlike the people we've been invested in for the last 12 bloody years.

Where is Michonne?

Where is Rick? Rick isn't dead. We saw him being flown away in a helicopter. We saw that the garbage people were in contact with the people who have helicopters. The Commonwealth doesn't have helicopters so who are the helicopter people? Is Michonne off to find the helicopter people? Are they going to swoop in and rescue the day against the evil Commonwealth? That doesn't wrap things up, the whole show from the start has been full of ostensibly good people being baddies so why would the helicopter people necessarily be goodies and why would we see that, shrug our shoulders and just accept it?

I just don't see how a satisfactory ending can be reached in the next few episodes.

* I'm not deeply into "the lore", I don't read the comics, I don't go on fan sites. The answers to the above questions may be out there but for me the enjoyment of a telly show is watching it develop and perhaps speculating with other equally clueless viewers. That's also part of the frustration too I suppose.

I have to agree with this, I have watched most of the new series, and it is still poor and as you said lacking direction to a show that's meant to be be ending. Michonne is off looking for Rick after finding evidence he is alive on that island. But would she really just leave Judith and her very young child behind to do this? and for such a long period. I think spin off series are already been planned for a few of the cast. To be honest just want it to end, at this point I have lost interest but after so many years feel I need to see how it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Right, what the hell is going on?

After suffering through the Whisperers, the worst baddies of all time, even stupider than the garbage people (not baddies but as a group they were really stupid), we've now got something that feels like it could be really good. I know this season has had mixed reviews but I'm really enjoying The Commonwealth, I like the political wrangling, I like the group branching off and getting their fingers into different pies. What I don't get it is why we're developing new storylines when we're supposed to be wrapping it up.

There are too many threads left hanging while we're still being introduced to new characters we honestly don't really care about and can't really care about since we know they're only going to play a small role for a few episodes, unlike the people we've been invested in for the last 12 bloody years.

Where is Michonne?

Where is Rick? Rick isn't dead. We saw him being flown away in a helicopter. We saw that the garbage people were in contact with the people who have helicopters. The Commonwealth doesn't have helicopters so who are the helicopter people? Is Michonne off to find the helicopter people? Are they going to swoop in and rescue the day against the evil Commonwealth? That doesn't wrap things up, the whole show from the start has been full of ostensibly good people being baddies so why would the helicopter people necessarily be goodies and why would we see that, shrug our shoulders and just accept it?

I just don't see how a satisfactory ending can be reached in the next few episodes.

* I'm not deeply into "the lore", I don't read the comics, I don't go on fan sites. The answers to the above questions may be out there but for me the enjoyment of a telly show is watching it develop and perhaps speculating with other equally clueless viewers. That's also part of the frustration too I suppose.

Master
    Thanks for the thread resurrection. Didn't realise part 2 of Season 11 had restarted in February!

Aren't they just setting up the Rick movie?

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk

Bump from the depths!

The last part of the season is underway, its ok but still not great. Looking forward to the ending, it could go a few different ways but still cant see it ending that well.

2 episodes left, some strange changes, like making the walkers suddenly be able to climb, open doors, pick up knives. Would have been a good twist but maybe left it a little late.
    Last edited by NikGixer750; 10th November 2022 at 14:16.

I still don't understand how we can get this satisfactorily wrapped up in two episodes. Yeah, there's still a movie coming but FFS the show should have its own resolutions, a satisfactory ending. No f**king way we're getting an ending.

Master
    Blog Entries
    There are plans for a series fronted by Daryl, and one with Negan and Maggie (interesting...) so pressure off for everything to be neatly tied up in the main series.

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    There are plans for a series fronted by Daryl, and one with Negan and Maggie (interesting...) so pressure off for everything to be neatly tied up in the main series.
    Jesus Christ, would someone please just make it stop!!!

Master
    I still don't understand how we can get this satisfactorily wrapped up in two episodes. Yeah, there's still a movie coming but FFS the show should have its own resolutions, a satisfactory ending. No f**king way we're getting an ending.
    No movie now, a limited run spinoff with Rick & Michonnie, plus the other two spin-offs mentioned.

This season really feels cut in budget & has well & truly jumped the shark.

Master
    I just want to know who the people that had a helicopter, and rescued Rick, are/were?

Plus how the F do they have enough fuel to run a train!

No chance this concludes in 2 episodes. Pamela might get killed off, but that wouldn’t exactly conclude the main long running storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    I just want to know who the people that had a helicopter, and rescued Rick, are/were?

No chance this concludes in 2 episodes. Pamela might get killed off, but that wouldn’t exactly conclude the main long running storylines.
    I was saying the same thing watching last night with my wife, that whole story line has been forgotten about, that group was mentioned a little and they took rick but never mentioned again.

Only one episode to go, can see a lot of people being killed off, the walkers can now climb etc, so think it will be a struggle to stop them destroying the common wealth.

Pamela will die for sure, Judith looks in a bad way, the main group are surrounded and could lose people.

The only conclusion I can see in which all the storylines are wrapped up, is the death of them all. Carol, Darryl, Judith, the whole lot of them. A brave fight followed by being over-run. I'd be alright with that I think.

The only conclusion I can see in which all the storylines are wrapped up, is the death of them all. Carol, Darryl, Judith, the whole lot of them. A brave fight followed by being over-run. I'd be alright with that I think.
    that would wrap it all up nicely, the walkers win in the end. But with all the spin offs planned they cant all die. In theory with all the guns and ammo they have killing the walkers should be easy, its not like the early big fights with swords etc.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post

A quick Google suggests you look at "The Walking Dead: World Beyond" - looks like there are 2 seasons

Well I guess that was OK. Something resembling a return to normality and civilisation.

Master
    Well I guess that was OK. Something resembling a return to normality and civilisation.
    I think you are being extremely generous to say the least.

Master
    Why do programmes go on for so long then they rush the conclusion like this.

At least it is over.

Or not! Movie maybe? What was that ending about?
    Last edited by Stuno1; 21st November 2022 at 19:27.

Blog Entries
    I think the Producers must have been conflicted - on one hand they would have wanted to conclude the 11 season storyline in a satisfactory way for the fans, however, on the other hand they need to leave a path open to as many (potentially lucrative) spin-offs as possible.

IMHO I think they made a mess of both.

They could have used the last 10 episodes of S11 building up to the "end", rather than just the last 10 minutes of the last episode.

Was there a post-credits scene where Rick wakes up in the shower?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I think you are being extremely generous to say the least.
    Well, yeah. I'd have preferred it if they'd all died to be honest. Close it up properly. But American TV producers don't have that within them, they need to leave the doors open for spin-offs and sequels and movies that no-one really wants.

They were never going to end it like that that, they had to spout a load of trite sugary b*llocks and then it was the end, everyone lived happily ever after in eternal peace and harmony. At least it's an end of sorts, we can accept that the Commonwealth is rebuilt by people of integrity and blah, blah, blah.

For the life of me though, I cannot figure out why the zombies had to become advanced with climbing and tool use in the last couple of episodes of 11 long seasons. Pull that idea out in an earlier season when things are starting to get stale and easy, not right at the end of the run!

Master
    SPOILER ALERT

What the fk was that last scene with Rick and the helicopter about. That looks like a far more interesting storyline.

Glad I watched 6 series since Rick fked off in the chopper for that nonsense American bollocks ending.

Watched the end last night, wasn't great tbh, they spent more time setting up spin offs then ending the actual show well. More of them should have died, they all went from "its the end" to well this is easy to kill all the walkers in a few mins.

Well that serves me right: what a total stinkburger.
    Not quite Game of Thrones car crash ending but pretty close.
    Oh yeah and why do none of our ‘heroes’ wear gauntlets..how many times could you see your mates forearms snacked on before you got yourself a nice pair? Sheer codswallop!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app